Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thunderca

Anyone Has Experience With Unit U Interior?

Any victims would like to join force to report Tan Ah Yong to the police ?? More victims joining force will make police takes action against this cheat!!

Wish I read up on this forum before I engaged Ah Yong... Now I'm panicking. :bangwall:

My mom and I just signed a contract with him but it's only for simple works (e.g. cabinets, painting, etc). He gave the cheapest quote I could find out there and we gave him the contract (since we're on a tight budget as well).

If it works out, I'll give an update. If it's s***, I might probably report him as well.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cherrylulz

Look at the quotation,

1) Electrical

- Make sure request for a license Electrician (Ask Ah yong to show proof)

2) Cabinet

- Be prepared to a major late delivery, ask for additional cabinet hinges and learn how fix yourself.

- During the installation, make sure somebody to oversea every installation - Ah Yong contractor had been famous for lousy workmanship

3)Painting

- Ask him to paint base coat (min 2 layer)

- Ensure him to scrape off and old paints

- After painting, please check for lousy painting workman ship

We should stop this IDOT guy from getting away for his "**** JOB" and responsible for his action.

Edited by anthonyckk

wanrenobie

Yes, he did almost for the whole house.

He did for my Kitchen cabinet. Never deliver on time and late for appointment.

Have u paid him the cabinet? If not, maybe u can tried to give a stern warning by provide him a date and time then follow by a order cancellation.

FYI, within a month, one of the cabinet door,drop off due to the lousy door hinges.

Edited by anthonyckk

Dear new home owners, please beware!

Ah Yong uses the same excuses...... next week.....tomorrow......busy........in an island, cannot answer phone calls........

he 'MIA' all the time! sick and tired of his **** excuses! took 8 months to renovate my 3-room flat and still renovating, shame on him! super poor workmanship!

he has a partner called Jacky who can't be bothered too. Beware of this company, Unit U Interior 1 and his so call, HDB Licence company, Kiwei Renovation Contractor whom he claimed belonged to him. No help was extended eventhough I spoke with Jacky and the owner of Kiwei. Irresponsible! Lets see how long they sustain in this business of theirs. please help to spread the word so that innocent home owners will not fall into their trap.

Cherrylulz

Look at the quotation,

1) Electrical

- Make sure request for a license Electrician (Ask Ah yong to show proof)

2) Cabinet

- Be prepared to a major late delivery, ask for additional cabinet hinges and learn how fix yourself.

- During the installation, make sure somebody to oversea every installation - Ah Yong contractor had been famous for lousy workmanship

3)Painting

- Ask him to paint base coat (min 2 layer)

- Ensure him to scrape off and old paints

- After painting, please check for lousy painting workman ship

We should stop this IDOT guy from getting away for his "**** JOB" and responsible for his action.

Thanks for the heads up!

We did notice that he told us he wasn't "in charge" of the scraping off old paint, etc. Said he did it out of goodwill. Which was pretty strange considering how the other paint companies told us it is usually part of the paint job. Whatever the case is, still made him do it. :bleah:

For the cheap cost we paid ($750 for 3-room without sealant), I'd say the paint job is still passable. No 5 stars to brag about. What appeases me is that if we do have an issue and we make a **** lot of noise, he will come down personally to take a look and rectify the situation as much as possible.

And yes, he does take FOREVER. Which we did talk to Ah Yong about, to which he replied that because he gives a very low quotation to his customers, he has quite a lot of contracts on hand, so basically telling us there is a lot on his plate. :dunno:

Cabinets coming in this weekend! I hope the workmanship isn't going to be too bad!

So Anthony, did you engage him to renovate your whole house ? He keeps telling me "next week ". How long did he take to deliver cabinets and windows ? Did he finish ?

From the time we signed the contract and paid the deposit.... it's been almost 3 weeks and no cabinets yet. Apparently this weekend he will be coming down to fix them up.

PS: This is the 4th week.