Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kerio

K's Reno Journey

Just met with ID again just now - she was super-efficient! Decided on tiles, wall colors, laminates, etc all in he space of 2 hours. Also walked us through the designs again and confirmed some details. Starting work next Tuesday if the Reno permit doesn't present any problems.

Collecting keys tomorrow afternoon!! :D

Happy for u! :)

just curious are u doing any hacking works? i intend to seal up my original entrance and hack another entrance along the passageway to the rooms, and based on my research this most likely will need to engage PE and so reno permit will not approved so fast.. not too sure whether am i right anot..

and i thought the first 7days is for rectification works by HDB, if any? u dun wan to wait for them to retify first before u start reno?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Happy for u! :)

just curious are u doing any hacking works? i intend to seal up my original entrance and hack another entrance along the passageway to the rooms, and based on my research this most likely will need to engage PE and so reno permit will not approved so fast.. not too sure whether am i right anot..

and i thought the first 7days is for rectification works by HDB, if any? u dun wan to wait for them to retify first before u start reno?

Yup, I'm hacking my kitchen wall and shrinking it until it reaches the service yard door; this is so we can build a bigger breakfast counter and make the space neater. Not sure if mine will need a PE, though it may be possible because there's a beam along the ceiling that connects to the kitchen wall. This is also the reason why my ID needs to take measurements and see the place before she can apply for Reno permit.

Are we allowed to change the location of the front door? I thought anything that changes the exterior outlook would not be allowed?

And yeap, first 7 days are for rectification by HDB:) but if there're no rectifications (we're hoping), then work can start ba? Otherwise doesn't make sense to leave the house empty for a week for no reason :) one thing I'm concerned about is that it may take a while to get the Reno permit approved though.

Key Collection Day! Pics of the house :

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6774/frontdoorzg.jpg

Front Door - looks like pretty good material.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7435/livingroom2h.jpg

Living Room - a little smaller than we imagined, but the large windows are nice. One of the locks was faulty, will need to report to HDB.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9278/guestroom1.jpg

Guest Room.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4364/studyroomt.jpg

Study Room - good potential! :D

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/113/mbrg.jpg

Leading to MBR

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3960/mbrview.jpg

MBR.

Http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9096/cdshelter.jpg

CD shelter- the door doesn't close properly.

Http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5198/front door peephole.jpg

The peephole is rather stylish.

Http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3602/kitchene.jpg

Kitchen; a little smaller than we envisioned it to be.

Edited by Kerio

Key Collection Day! Pics of the house :

Front Door - looks like pretty good material.

livingroom2h.jpg

Living Room - a little smaller than we imagined, but the large windows are nice. One of the locks was faulty, will need to report to HDB.

guestroom1.jpg

Guest Room.

studyroomt.jpg

Study Room - good potential! :D

mbrg.jpg

Leading to MBR

mbrview.jpg

MBR.

Wow congrats!! How come ur MBR come with the grills ah?

Wow congrats!! How come ur MBR come with the grills ah?

Heh heh, thanks for helping me convert into pix :) was trying to do it when my PC hang -..-

Dunno why the MBR has grills, since it wasn't in the specs when we applied for it haha.. think maybe for safety reasons? Perhaps hard for private contractors to do it correctly? The new windows a bit problematic though, there's a buffer used to close the windows and it snapped off when we tried to close it.

img3179d.jpg

Also, painting was quite shoddy and some hairline cracks along the walls.. have to report to HDB tomorrow :)

@banned: Ya, but I didn't post any leh, so you saved me a lot of effort struggling with my touchpad heheh :)

kerio, ur mbr jin nice. lots of potential! ;)

Thanks! :) the MBR is niiice! Hopefully our ID's magic touch can transform it into something nocer.. Despite our meddling hehe:)

Heh heh, thanks for helping me convert into pix :) was trying to do it when my PC hang -..-

Dunno why the MBR has grills, since it wasn't in the specs when we applied for it haha.. think maybe for safety reasons? Perhaps hard for private contractors to do it correctly? The new windows a bit problematic though, there's a buffer used to close the windows and it snapped off when we tried to close it.

Also, painting was quite shoddy and some hairline cracks along the walls.. have to report to HDB tomorrow :)

congrats to getting your keys!! envious! haha.. :)

u stay at top floors right? only top few floors had bay windows and as the window is "protuding" out, so the grills are installed as a saftey precaution.. if i not wrong these are safety features installed by hdb so u need to apply to hdb if u wan to remove or u intend to change if u find it ugly.. :P

Are we allowed to change the location of the front door? I thought anything that changes the exterior outlook would not be allowed?

oops sorry, i mean the original entrance to the kitchen.. yup cannot change anything to the exterior outlook.

congrats to getting your keys!! envious! haha.. :)

u stay at top floors right? only top few floors had bay windows and as the window is "protuding" out, so the grills are installed as a saftey precaution.. if i not wrong these are safety features installed by hdb so u need to apply to hdb if u wan to remove or u intend to change if u find it ugly.. :P

Oh i see.. Haha, no worries, I rather like the grills, and save money too:)) yup yup, I'm on 14th floor:)

You were intending to hack the wall separating the kitchen and the dining area? There's a power point and a light switch on the wall, so might need a PE to check (not sure since it doesn't affect structural integrity). We had drawn out plans to remove the wall and install glass doors; looks like it might be slightly tricky >.< need to discuss with ID see how:)

Went by yesterday to flag out all the defects in the apartment - mainly cosmetics issues (e.g. painting around frames very messy, a few windows had issues with their locks and a few dents in the door frames). Service centre staff was very polite :)

Total defects found: 14! And that's with us being very chin-chai to leave the areas we intend to renovate alone.

Rectification will take around 7-10 days, so Reno will be delayed slightly (it was supposed to start on Tuesday), although the service centre staff mentioned we can start Reno while rectification works are going on.

In any case, it might work to our benefit since it gives us time to get the cheques for our ID; I think it feels wrong to have them commence work without giving them the first 50% (10+40), even though we did put in a 1k deposit.

Edited by Kerio

Went by yesterday to flag out all the defects in the apartment - mainly cosmetics issues (e.g. painting around frames very messy, a few windows had issues with their locks and a few dents in the door frames). Service centre staff was very polite :)

Total defects found: 14! And that's with us being very chin-chai to leave the areas we intend to renovate alone.

Rectification will take around 7-10 days, so Reno will be delayed slightly (it was supposed to start on Tuesday), although the service centre staff mentioned we can start Reno while rectification works are going on.

In any case, it might work to our benefit since it gives us time to get the cheques for our ID; I think it feels wrong to have them commence work without giving them the first 50% (10+40), even though we did put in a 1k deposit.

ha i think even after the delay, u are still in good time to complete your reno and move in before christmas lo! :)

so did you make alot of changes to your final design? The ID got charge you extra for that?