Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_skies

Hardware & Building Supplies Shop - Kai Lim

Hi all,

Just to share, there's this shop at Changi Road called Kai Lim. It's a one stop shop and has got almost everything you need to DIY your house reno. I was there to buy waterproofing stuff, but I also saw lots of other things (electrical trunking, wires of all sizes, saws, drills, hammers, sandpaper, pliers, bricks, piping, cement etc) Saw a lot of contractors buying stuff from there too so I guess it must be quite popular.

The uncle at the shop was very helpful too. Told him what my problem was and he suggested what I could use.

Oh and they've got a website too! :)

http://www.hardwareshop.com.sg/

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

they're not the only one selling building supplies in spore nor along that stretch of road. And not everyone goes to buy waterproofing stuffs... :rolleyes:

they're not the only one selling building supplies in spore nor along that stretch of road. And not everyone goes to buy waterproofing stuffs... :rolleyes:

Haha, yah. I was unlucky that my place had a leak lah, so trying to DIY with the waterproofing to see if it works first.

I'm sure there are lots of other hardware / building supplies shops too, guess I just haven't come across them. I'm not too sure how extensively stocked the other shops are compared to Kai Lim but don't get me wrong, I'm not "promoting" Kai Lim in any way :) Just wanted to share this info with all other forummers who need to source for hardware / building supplies :P

Haha, yah. I was unlucky that my place had a leak lah, so trying to DIY with the waterproofing to see if it works first.

I'm sure there are lots of other hardware / building supplies shops too, guess I just haven't come across them. I'm not too sure how extensively stocked the other shops are compared to Kai Lim but don't get me wrong, I'm not "promoting" Kai Lim in any way :) Just wanted to share this info with all other forummers who need to source for hardware / building supplies :P

Thanks for sharing blue sky, am looking for something to cover the outlet hole for my exhaust hood. Actually can ask contractor to buy but want to see if there are any aesthetically better looking ones.

IMG_0327.jpg

Will go kai lim to check it out

Thanks for sharing blue sky, am looking for something to cover the outlet hole for my exhaust hood. Actually can ask contractor to buy but want to see if there are any aesthetically better looking ones.

IMG_0327.jpg

Will go kai lim to check it out

If it's not meant to be a permanent seal, did you consider putting a small clock / painting over that hole? :)

Hi all,

Just to share, there's this shop at Changi Road called Kai Lim. It's a one stop shop and has got almost everything you need to DIY your house reno. I was there to buy waterproofing stuff, but I also saw lots of other things (electrical trunking, wires of all sizes, saws, drills, hammers, sandpaper, pliers, bricks, piping, cement etc) Saw a lot of contractors buying stuff from there too so I guess it must be quite popular.

The uncle at the shop was very helpful too. Told him what my problem was and he suggested what I could use.

Oh and they've got a website too! :)

http://www.hardwareshop.com.sg/

OMG!!!!! good thing I don't live there else I will be going everyday! I love hardware shops!

If it's not meant to be a permanent seal, did you consider putting a small clock / painting over that hole? :)

I think i am supposed to get some grill like thingy for that hole so that smoke can be extracted out of the kitchen into the garden instead of being recirculated.

I think i am supposed to get some grill like thingy for that hole so that smoke can be extracted out of the kitchen into the garden instead of being recirculated.

Oh ok, get the idea :D