Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rawmeat

Acceptable Contractor Standards

i was given this term recently when the ID firm i engaged for my reno spent one month doing rectification works and i guess got fustrated by their bad worksmanship and made an attempt for me to accept their poor quality works...

lousy carpentry with panels damaged, poor installation (i even had to remind them to apply silicon on gaps, OMG) and when wood was damaged even before i touched them (holding holes gave way to weight of shelves) rectification works was simply to paste stickers over the damaged holes and drill new holes.

windows with unremovable stains

mirrors with scratches

cracked tiles due to drilling by contractors but patched during cement

wrong dimensions of false ceiling (more than 20cm) and pillars as a result my furniture couldn't fit....

all these were classified as acceptable contractor standards by the ID firm...

would like to seek public opinion..... my ID firm is seeking final payment, I'm seeking rectification for all the shody works before final payment.... 50% of which were corrected by myself using my own money as I couldn't wait any longer... my flat has been under reno for 3mths already... i need to move in!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation