Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yeo99

My Little Home At Tamines

Thanks, I tested this evening and found that the door lockset does not have the problem you mentioned. I does not Know the brand of the lockset, it maybe difference from yours. My keys have a label on it say "nelon", not sure that is the brand of the lockset.

ya, nelon is the brand... :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Curtain Rail:

img2844b.jpg

I brought the normal sliding curtain rails for my curtain from the neighborhood hardware shop. I brought three rails for living room and two bedrooms. All total costs less than $28 for Al rails and Al holder. My contractor agreed to mount it for me. Truly value for money. Will get the curtain later.

My curtain rails are up. Decided not to mount to high from the window. So that the curtain does not need be too big. :D

img2992j.jpg

Edited by yeo99

Almost Completion condition of Master bedroom toilet:

1. Tempered glass swing door and Toilet bowl:

img29130.jpg

2. Wash basin and vanity cabinet and mirror and shower screen:

img2915u.jpg

3. Water heater (re-used):

img2922ld.jpg

4. Box up using tempered glass:

img2918v.jpg

Waiting for the wired up of the light at the top and bottom of the mirror cabinet.

Completed condition of Master bedroom toilet:

With the lights at the top and bottom of the mirror cabinet:

img2982v.jpg

Completed condition of Master bedroom toilet:

With the lights at the top and bottom of the mirror cabinet:

img2982v.jpg

Toilet looks posh n cozy that dun lose out to hotel standards :D how much u charge per night for staying in ur toilet? Hahaha

Maybe you would consider using 1/2" trunking painted black color to replace ur 1" PVC white trunking.... makes the heater stand out even more..... :P

Edited by neubie

Hi yeo, dropping by to see ur reno progress. Master bathroom is nice. I also bought an ikea toilet light. But mine is the big light bulb shaped. =)

Ur temperes glass from ur contractor? I am also looking for afixed glass panel btw my shower area and vanity.

Toilet looks posh n cozy that dun lose out to hotel standards :D how much u charge per night for staying in ur toilet? Hahaha

Maybe you would consider using 1/2" trunking painted black color to replace ur 1" PVC white trunking.... makes the heater stand out even more..... :P

Thanks for your suggestion. Have not decided to do anything on the trucking, maybe will paint in brown later.

Hi yeo, dropping by to see ur reno progress. Master bathroom is nice. I also bought an ikea toilet light. But mine is the big light bulb shaped. =)

Ur temperes glass from ur contractor? I am also looking for afixed glass panel btw my shower area and vanity.

Thanks, I also like the ikea toilet light, it is very nice.

Initially I want to install a full sliding shower screen, but dropped the idea due to space constraint. The tempered fixed glass is from the contractor. It is about 1.8m by 0.75m. I do not want to make it too big as the toilet is already very small. With the glass screen, it left only 750mm opening for the shower area. My shower area is only 750mm in width. I think yours is slightly bigger (800mm) than mine.

DIY - Wall Decal:

img3000m0.jpg

The full height kitchen cabinet looks a bit plain and boring athought it can store many things, we brought a wall decal to decorate the doors so as not to look so plain.

img3015m.jpg

img3020m.jpg

This is the first wall decal that we try to DIY, quite easy to do it. We are very happy with the outcome. Will buy some more for other part of the house.

Demage : $12 plus (shipped from South Korea)

Edited by yeo99

Phase 2 Contractor/ID - Space creations, Rick Lau (HP: 91370529)

Price : Very reasonable for a former ID from Chew Interior Design at contractor price.

Sub-contractors : Average and above. This phase we have meet many contractors. Only complaint is the door color.

Progress of work : Very efficiency, this phase we have many contractors from hacking, tiling, plastering, plumbing, electrical, doors, glass work and cabinets, and it is still well-coordinated. Some slow down due to us :P because we are painting the whole house ourselves. Within 5 weeks and we are staying in.

Rectification of work : Reasonable, normally rectified within 5 working days after complain. Willing to change the whole door if rectifications cannot meet our expectation.

Design :He will give your some ideas as he is an ID before.

Overall : Have a better experience with him.

Edited by yeo99

Hi Yeo99,

May I ask how come u engaged with 2 contractors, overall how much did u spend for whole renovation without furnitures? Can you PM me the quotation? thanks

Initially, just want to do up the kitchen cabinet area. Once started cannot stop, just like doing cosmetic surgery, doing the eye job first, laterly find the nose not nice, so do the nose, etc ......

The first contractor is very slow in progress; it will be very tough as we are living in and the renovation period is too long. Furthermore, the price is much higher than the average yet so slow. Furthermore, he is not willing to do adhoc jobs, such as the stainless steel sheet at the kitchen sliding door (the kitchen door sliding door is part of his contract) but he yet refuse to do it saying the kitchen cabinet contractor not willing to do it ( which we paid quite a lot for the cabinet). So, decided to look for another contractor.

The second contractor is nice guy, willing to do it (stainless steel sheet) even the amount of carpentry jobs is very little, just the vanity cabinet in the master toilet; and the sliding door is not part of his contract. He even gives me FOC for this job. The price wise is resonable. There is quite a lot of last minute adhoc jobs such as overlaying the kitchen tiles, plastering the walls and ceiling in the kitchen and bedrooms, black color backsplash glass, master toilet box up for the pipe using tempered glass, etc.. The price for the adhoc jobs are reasonable too, not like some contractors that will "carrot" you when you do adhoc jobs. No regret in changing the contractor.

Quotations for both contractors will be released later... But will not be itemised.

Edited by yeo99

TV console and sofa:

We decided not to do a custom made TV console for the living room as we can change the direction of the TV console easily as we have two TV points in the living room. One at the wall of the windows and the other at the store room wall (present location).

Brought a Samsung 40 inches LCD TV (530 series) at $759 and decided not to wall mount it for the sick of flexibility.

TV console and Coffee Table:

High gloss white and black finishing for the TV console and Coffee table with tinited black mirror glass top.

img3025j.jpg

Sofa (full re-bond leather):

Re-Bonded leather or reconstituted leather is a material made of varying degrees of genuine leather combined with other substances to give the appearance of leather at reduced cost. It come with pocketed springs and high density foams.

I choose black leather because it is easily to maintain and match the color concept.

img3033l.jpg

Overview:

img3036n.jpg

Total cost for the 3+2 Sofa, TV console and coffee table with tinited black mirror glass top is about $1850.

Things to buy for living room:

1. Some plants and wall deco - looking around

2. Hifi Sound system (maybe) - looking around

3. LED lighting (maybe) - looking around

4. Carpet (maybe) - looking around

Edited by yeo99