Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Revamp Of A 40yo 3rm Pigeonhole...

neubie, the reno for your house completed? are you getting the furnitures and other white good soon? think there is a philips fair over the weekend.

can say completed liao :D .... some of the furnitures are reused...... just bot a samsung LED TV yesterday...so will not pop by Philips sale, sure packed like crazy… somemore not all items give good discounts… prefer to shop w/o crowds :D

Running in... before they come install the bracket on the TV console... gum gum the TV can just fit into the rotating console

IMG_1470.jpg

Behind the back where all the connectors are...

IMG_1446.jpg

Edited by neubie

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Bought Blum runner tracks today for my carpenter to pick up....as my dish rack will have glass door, i was looking at the aventos HL liftgear but found that the price is quite steep even after discount, so decided to use hydraulic telescopic arm :)

4 pairs of 20" tracks, (one set taken away by carpenter last week to test-fit) and 2 pairs of 14" for my TV console...

IMG_1174.jpg

Hi Neubie.....

How much are those blum runner tracks ??? i mean ..per drawer we need 1 pair right ?

Hi Neubie.....

How much are those blum runner tracks ??? i mean ..per drawer we need 1 pair right ?

30+ per pair onwards, depending on length.

30+ per pair onwards, depending on length.

neubie, where did you buy the blum tracks from? I would love to install too. I like the anti slam effect :D

neubie, where did you buy the blum tracks from? I would love to install too. I like the anti slam effect :D

Try the shophouses at 277 Kranji Way... plenty of hardware shops selling....make sure you check with your carpenter what is the depth of the drawers and get accordingly...

I'm using the 560H (tandem plus blumotion) series, make sure the dealer sells u one pair of runner and the locking device as a complete package; if the locking device is missing, the runners will not be firmly seated at the drawer base.

560H.png

profile.png

screwposition.png

insert_removal.png

More details are available for PDF at their Blum website. :rolleyes:

Edited by neubie

• Like 1

Try the shophouses at 263 Kranji Way... plenty of hardware shops selling....make sure you check with your carpenter what is the depth of the drawers and get accordingly...

I'm using the 560H (tandem plus blumotion) series, make sure the dealer sells u one pair of runner and the locking device as a complete package; if the locking device is missing, the runners will not be firmly seated at the drawer base.

More details are available for PDF at their Blum website. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much. I will check with my contractor which length to buy.

Balance payment of outstanding reno cost is finally settled, after settling on some minor defects and deducting certain items in the signed quotation that was not done/installed/supplied... after a little bit of nudging for more discounts to round down the final amount, both parties happily settled with one lumpsum of $$$...

Some appraisals about this contractor I chose. On a scale of 10 pts,

Efficiency = 9

Followup = 8.5

Creativity = 7.5

Responsiveness = 8

Overall workmanship = 8.5

Wall tiling = 8.5

Floor tiling = 8.5

Plumbing = 8.5

Electrical = 9

Glassworks = 8

Ceiling works = 9

Door works = 8

Grille works = 7.5

Window works = 8

Painting = 8.5

Accomodating to requests = 8

Project planning = 8.5

Value for money = 8

Additional works done FOC/out of goodwill = 7.5

After-sales service = 8 (he still sent me a CNY greeting card wor.... :D )

Overall 8.5

Will I hire him in future? Yes

Of cos, the above are based purely on my opinion, YMMV.

disclaimer though, I dun benefit anything from posting this t-blog at all, just to share my reno experience with Alan. as always, one needs to manage expectations well to ensure an amicable working relationship between flat-owners and contractors/IDs.

Edit: As of now, there are a couple of RTers who have signed and completed projects with him.... last known count was five and their might be more which i'm not aware of...

Edited by neubie

Balance payment of outstanding reno cost is finally settled, after settling on some minor defects and deducting certain items in the signed quotation that was not done/installed/supplied... after a little bit of nudging for more discounts to round down the final amount, both parties happily settled with one lumpsum of $$$...

Some appraisals about this contractor I chose. On a scale of 10 pts,

Efficiency = 9

Followup = 8.5

Creativity = 7.5

Responsiveness = 8

Overall workmanship = 8.5

Wall tiling = 8.5

Floor tiling = 8.5

Plumbing = 8.5

Electrical = 9

Glassworks = 8

Ceiling works = 9

Door works = 8

Grille works = 7.5

Window works = 8

Painting = 8.5

Accomodating to requests = 8

Project planning = 8.5

Value for money = 8

Additional works done FOC/out of goodwill = 7.5

After-sales service = 7.5 (still too early to tell though, but he still respond to my calls even after final payment, which is :thumbs up: )

Overall 8.5

Will I hire him in future? Yes

Of cos, the above are based purely on my opinion, YMMV.

disclaimer though, I dun benefit anything from posting this t-blog at all, just to share my reno experience with Alan. as always, one needs to manage expectations well to ensure an amicable working relationship between flat-owners and contractors/IDs.

Hi neubie,

Very informatic things that you have posted. Finalizing on my contractor to reno my place..

Can you pm me your reno quotation, where you bought your door from and how much the cost, the electrician that did you rewiring, your contractor. Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Hi neubie,

Very informatic things that you have posted. Finalizing on my contractor to reno my place..

Can you pm me your reno quotation, where you bought your door from and how much the cost, the electrician that did you rewiring, your contractor. Thanks in advance for your help on this.

PM sent! :D

PM sent! :D

neu bro, are you sending him the detailed item by item quote? If so, can I have it too... :bow:

So after all the negotiation and discount. How much was your total reno costs (without the furnishings)?

Now negotiating around to see who can give the best bang for buck with decent service 8|

Very stressed, going to get key on 23rd and missus wants to move in by start of next year...

neu bro, are you sending him the detailed item by item quote? If so, can I have it too... :bow:

So after all the negotiation and discount. How much was your total reno costs (without the furnishings)?

Now negotiating around to see who can give the best bang for buck with decent service 8|

Very stressed, going to get key on 23rd and missus wants to move in by start of next year...

Quote sent....

but keep in mind whichever contractor/ID u choose, they tend to be hesitant about giving discount after discount and nett after nett price before signing of contract, cos typical mindset of pple is to keep squeezing them until it cuts into their bones :D :D :D this maybe even worse for ID firms, as the final discount is not up to the ID (the ID is also working for the company so the firm also need to earn a cut on top of the ID commission)…

tell ur missus, scouting for value-for-money contractor/ID is not like going to NTUC or market to buy groceries lor, it's the next big ticket capex after securing a flat...

Edited by neubie

Quote sent....

but keep in mind whichever contractor/ID u choose, they tend to be hesitant about giving discount after discount and nett after nett price before signing of contract, cos typical mindset of pple is to keep squeezing them until it cuts into their bones :D :D :D this maybe even worse for ID firms, as the final discount is not up to the ID (the ID is also working for the company so the firm also need to earn a cut on top of the ID commission)…

tell ur missus, scouting for value-for-money contractor/ID is not like going to NTUC or market to buy groceries lor, it's the next big ticket capex after securing a flat...

Yah... hard to find one that fits all our requirements de... Guess have to compromise here and there lor. Missus doesn't care how I do it or the cost, just wants it done her way haha... Nonetheless, thanks a lot bro. Mind taking some pictures of your house now that it's completed? Want to see see look look a bit hee...

Yah... hard to find one that fits all our requirements de... Guess have to compromise here and there lor. Missus doesn't care how I do it or the cost, just wants it done her way haha... Nonetheless, thanks a lot bro. Mind taking some pictures of your house now that it's completed? Want to see see look look a bit hee...

I just signed my quotation yesterday. Final quotation at 25787. Redo whole 3 unit except for windows and main door (as fire proof door too expensive to replace). Using a contractor to do my reno..

I just signed my quotation yesterday. Final quotation at 25787. Redo whole 3 unit except for windows and main door (as fire proof door too expensive to replace). Using a contractor to do my reno..

great! :D best of luck in ur upcoming reno.... rem to post more pics for ur t-blog. :P

My new panasonic fridge arrived yesterday :D :D :D it's the newest NR-BU343, 282-litre model with bottom freezer, not the inverter type but has annual power consumption of 460kWh, one of the lowest in the markets of similar capacity.... i learnt this from the salesman when I wanted to get the inverter series, he told me not to be blinded by the inverter hype and the more-ticks-frenzy, rather look at the NEA database of aircon/fridge sticker label that shows the lab-tested power consumption....which makes sense :D

immediately loaded up with lots of beer and soft drinks...haaaa

IMG_1478-1.jpg

when choosing fridge take note of the clearance space on sideways and rear, as most fridges nowadays have their heat-exchangers installed at the sides, so a minimum of 5cm on all sides are to be observed, as the compressor will work less hard to dissipate the heat, translating to longer service life.

at the same time, my 37" samsung is finally wall-mounted on the rotating console.... very clean and sleek-looking, all the 4 x HDMI/VGA/component/AC cables all tucked behind....

IMG_1477-1.jpg

Samsung give me a VuePoint bracket (FOC) with effortless tilting mechanism to reduce stray light (glare from window reflections) :thumbs up: but the overall thickness of the bracket is twice as thick as the tv itself.... :unsure:

but wth, free one, beggars can't be choosers....

IMG_1479-1.jpg

Edited by neubie