Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kaijia

A & J 's 3rd Home (em At Pasir Ris)

Congrats

One irritating lady out (can afford a maid but cannot afford movers).

One group of workers in for hacking.

Win-win :thumbs up:

Getting itchy feet to get in to my new place what with you and freshpoison77 both getting your EM keys already :D .

RB

it will b ur turn soon. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Lolx!! Yeah! Hope that was the last I'll see of her... Hehe. :P

U'll be getting urs very soon too. Hehe. when's ur 2nd appt?

it will b ur turn soon. :)

We have had our first appointment to sell and now have our first appointment to buy this weekend. Second appointments will be after our return from the UK in late Nov. Keys for the new place early -> mid Dec I believe.

I am sure the UK trip will make the time go fast so that is good.

Oh and those kitchen tiles look interesting. Will be nice to see what they look like when completed :D

RB

Edited by RimBlock

Kitchen floor tiles :

img0901e.jpg

Didnt manage to take pictures of the rest of the tiles cos they were stacked below...

looking at the hacking rate, i wonder if we can keep to schedule. hacking works' supposed to be completed tmr. hmm... i reali wonder how this is possible.... :dunno:

Wow, very stylo tiles! :good:

Looking forward to see the finished effect. :)

My hacking is supposed to be completed tomm too..

Looks like our reno schedule shld be the same. ;)

hehe. mine most prob will be rdy by nov end, though it was initially expected to be mid nov. hehe. :)

We have had our first appointment to sell and now have our first appointment to buy this weekend. Second appointments will be after our return from the UK in late Nov. Keys for the new place early -> mid Dec I believe.

I am sure the UK trip will make the time go fast so that is good.

Oh and those kitchen tiles look interesting. Will be nice to see what they look like when completed :D

RB

Wow, very stylo tiles! :good:

Looking forward to see the finished effect. :)

thank u guys! :D the tiles we chose seem very retro.. hehe. keeping my fingers crossed abt the effect. hope it's not too 'over'. :unsure:

Edited by kaijia

Updates:

managed to take a pic of the kitchen wall tiles... hehe. :P

img0912j.th.jpg

the guys were still hacking the kitchen, toilets & balcony when i went over at 5.15pm. i reali doubt all the hacking works can complete by today. & there's one pending wall at BR3 to be hacked, subjected to HDB's approval. hopefuli, things can finalize by this week. Reali hope to get the approval for the hacking of the wall at BR3. :rolleyes:

Workers still hacking the wall between balcony & kitchen:

@2.30pm:

img0914u.th.jpg

@5.15pm:

img0917wn.th.jpg

View from Living Room's Windows:

img0915y.th.jpg

Balcony:

img0924ad.th.jpg

Edited by kaijia

Hacking works for a larger Master Bedroom :wub: :

img0920em.th.jpg

From another angle:

img0921rp.th.jpg

Hacking works for a larger Master Bathroom, to cater for my miserable 150cm170cm bath tub (20% done @5.15pm):

img0919y.th.jpg

That's all for today!

Tomorrow, electrician will be coming over to lay the cables & aircon man will be here on friday for a/c installation. Made a mistake. a/c installation is scheduled to be next friday, not this. & electrician nvr come eventually. hehe. i pray that every work will be completed as scheduled. :bow:

Edited by kaijia

juz wondering if i shd use thumbnails for the pics or the larger ones.... are the bigger ones download-friendly? :)

juz wondering if i shd use thumbnails for the pics or the larger ones.... are the bigger ones download-friendly? :)

Personally I hate viewing the thumbnails then having to click on the image and get taken to image shack with slow loading and adverts. I therefore vote for keeping the pics here rather than just thumbnails.

You may want to resize them a bit before uploading though. I use Microsoft office picture manager to do mine in batches. If you have windows 7 then you could give this a go. If you are using Windows XP then you could try the original Microsoft image resizer powertoy here. Both should let you just select your images, [right CLICK] and choose resize from the menu. You just need to choose the size you want after that. I would go for either 800x600 or 1024x768 for a reasonable amount of detail with a fairly small file size. It also means the files will be quicker to upload for you too.

RB

Thomas, my electrician promised to meet up with me today @ our new place to discuss on the electric works, but he nvr did. sigh. hubby was quite irritated with him but i guess i still have to bear with him cos his pricing is very good compared to other electricians who quoted. hopefuli, he'll not delay my reno schedule...

More reno updates after 4 days of hacking works:

Hacking's completed at kitchen/toilet/balcony:

img0926q.th.jpg

previous owner had this covered up, so din know there was this 'old days' glass wall' on the kitchen wall. luckily, i spotted it on time & asked for it to be removed (& sealed). Lawrence did it for me at no additional cost. thanx bro! :good:

img0927da.th.jpg

Checking out the hacking works upstairs...

Everything's finally hacked:

View from future master room

img0928y.th.jpg

Bathrooms' hacked. This is before constructing the new wall between the bathrooms. Though i wish i could have such a big bathroom!! :bath:

img0930d.th.jpg

Some parquet in future Master Room removed to make way for my mixed mosaic tiles. hope the effect will be nice. :)

img0932e.th.jpg

Found some bad scratches on the parquet (which is to be sand off & revanished later on to walnut colour) after the workers dismantled all the doors & door frames. hope they r able to do a gd job on the flooring. Notice quite a no of pieces of parquet has got to be replaced after hacking off the door frame. wonder what's the additional costs involved...

Edited by kaijia

Personally I hate viewing the thumbnails then having to click on the image and get taken to image shack with slow loading and adverts. I therefore vote for keeping the pics here rather than just thumbnails.

You may want to resize them a bit before uploading though. I use Microsoft office picture manager to do mine in batches. If you have windows 7 then you could give this a go. If you are using Windows XP then you could try the original Microsoft image resizer powertoy here. Both should let you just select your images, [right CLICK] and choose resize from the menu. You just need to choose the size you want after that. I would go for either 800x600 or 1024x768 for a reasonable amount of detail with a fairly small file size. It also means the files will be quicker to upload for you too.

RB

mine's Vista.... :( guess i'll juz post without resizing. haha. tat was juz an excuse from the lazy me.. :P

it's been some time since i last updated... well, the wet works r still on-going. cant seem to keep to the schedule. :( i've got to find another place to stay cos i'll need to vacate my plc next sunday.... sigh... ~$$~

here's the progress to date. :)

Pics taken last week:

Hacking works to convert the original master Room to my kids room & the original master toilet to common toilet:

img1046b.th.jpg

New Master Room & Master Bathroom:

img0928p.th.jpg

Close up of hacking works on floor of Master Room (before filling up):

img0932s.th.jpg

Main tiles of Master Bathroom:

img1044bv.th.jpg

Edited by kaijia

More Pics taken last week:

New Common Bathroom Main Wall Tiles:

img1048zd.th.jpg

Wall Tiles in Kitchen:

img1049a.th.jpg

img1050l.th.jpg

View from Living Hall Balcony (There'll be a sliding door with a fixed panel.:

img1052aa.th.jpg

Edited by kaijia

Fresh Pics taken this morning:

Wall & Floor Tiles in Kitchen are up (only left fillings to be done for wall tiles):

img1066b.th.jpg

Close-up of my Retro Floor Tiles:

img1068o.th.jpg

Construction of my future BBQ Spot:

img1069c.th.jpg

Love this! MY New Master Bathroom Masaic Panel at the bath tub area :wub: :

img1062l.th.jpg

:wub: the 'mirrors' on the mosaic tiles r still covered by the white cement plastic (to be peeled off), yet im loving how it looks already! :)

before i left at 11+am, false ceiling guys were doing the ceiling works & plumbers came too. great to see them do their things the chop-chop-curry-pok way! :sport-smiley-004:

but think we'll be at least 2 weeks behind schedule... :( sigh... bobian.. got to find a place to stay for a further 2 weeks for carpentry to complete... I would have care no less & move in amist carpentry works if it wasnt for my darling princesses. sigh... ~$$~

Edited by kaijia

After staying here for more than 5 mths... Finally got time to take pictures & post for friends @renotalk. :dancingqueen:

Living room:

img6811w.jpg

img6819u.jpg

img6825i.jpg

Close up of Bar Counter:

img6798jo.jpg

My inverted-glass Swarovski lights at Bar Counter :wub: :

img6816s.jpg

Edited by kaijia