Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cec

Build Up Wall Crack Lines

I have done my home renovation recently (2 months) and have build a study room by adding 2 walls and I'm having issue with the crack lines appearing on the walls. The painters have come and done a second round of painting but after 2 weeks the crack lines appear again. Anyone know which paint is good to cover crack lines.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I have done my home renovation recently (2 months) and have build a study room by adding 2 walls and I'm having issue with the crack lines appearing on the walls. The painters have come and done a second round of painting but after 2 weeks the crack lines appear again. Anyone know which paint is good to cover crack lines.

Practically, should give 3 months' for build-up wall to "slow dry", then do patching and painting. The contracting forces are great, suggest you to "enlarge" the lines slighly, leave them for a month. Patch up and paint. If not complete, the lines will come again.

The force can crack tiles too. I've ceramic tiles on wall, wherever cracklines went, tiles cracked.

Edited by bepgof

Practically, should give 3 months' for build-up wall to "slow dry", then do patching and painting. The contracting forces are great, suggest you to "enlarge" the lines slighly, leave them for a month. Patch up and paint. If not complete, the lines will come again.

The force can crack tiles too. I've ceramic tiles on wall, wherever cracklines went, tiles cracked.

Thanks, I will wait for another month and redo the painting again.

Wait for at least 1 mth before doing the repair, or

use a flexible type of putty to patch it and paint over, or

embed a fine fiber netting across the crack and paint it.

This will solve the problem.