Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rol

Can't Operate Aircon With Remote Control

Hi,

Need some advice here. One of my aircons stopped working today. Can't turn it on with the remote controller but I could use the on/off button on the aircon panel to switch it on. The same remote control works on the other aircons, so I'm sure the problem is not with the remote control.

Can the aircon's remote sensor be repaired without having to change the entire aircon? Cos I don't wanna call the serviceman down and pay him to tell me that it can't be repaired =) My aircon is out of warranty unfortunately...about 6-7 years old.

Thanks for looking!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Need some advice here. One of my aircons stopped working today. Can't turn it on with the remote controller but I could use the on/off button on the aircon panel to switch it on. The same remote control works on the other aircons, so I'm sure the problem is not with the remote control.

Can the aircon's remote sensor be repaired without having to change the entire aircon? Cos I don't wanna call the serviceman down and pay him to tell me that it can't be repaired =) My aircon is out of warranty unfortunately...about 6-7 years old.

Thanks for looking!

looks like the FCU receiver unit failed. shd be able to replace.

Thanks guys! Changed the sensor and its fine now. Apparently according to my in-laws, it was a 5min job. And it cost me over $100 *gulp*

Wish I know how to do it myself :P