Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shamgar

Carpentary Market Price

I got mine from Mr Lau (Sun Hup)

But I didn't ask for the exact pfr because I wanted matching laminates for the interior.

I did:

2ft Shoe cabinet (full height)

6ft Book cabinet (full height glass doors)

5ft Wardrobe (swing full height)

4ft Wardrobe (swing full height with laminate backing) This is a standalone wardrobe where its back is not against a wall.

12ft L-Shape bottom only kitchen cabinet with solid worktop (should be acelite)

Full height cabinet to box up kitchen pipes and cabinet above fridge

Box-up of water pipes in living room and bedroom

All comes with anti-slam doors and colored interior laminates, abs trimmings.

He charged me $6820 after some haggling.

Not sure about how some of the items cost but am sure it's not the cheapest around. But he agreed to rush the work for me within 2 weeks.

Installation will start tomorrow 16/06/2011. Hope everything will go well.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got mine from Mr Lau (Sun Hup)

But I didn't ask for the exact pfr because I wanted matching laminates for the interior.

I did:

2ft Shoe cabinet (full height)

6ft Book cabinet (full height glass doors)

5ft Wardrobe (swing full height)

4ft Wardrobe (swing full height with laminate backing) This is a standalone wardrobe where its back is not against a wall.

12ft L-Shape bottom only kitchen cabinet with solid worktop (should be acelite)

Full height cabinet to box up kitchen pipes and cabinet above fridge

Box-up of water pipes in living room and bedroom

All comes with anti-slam doors and colored interior laminates, abs trimmings.

He charged me $6820 after some haggling.

Not sure about how some of the items cost but am sure it's not the cheapest around. But he agreed to rush the work for me within 2 weeks.

Installation will start tomorrow 16/06/2011. Hope everything will go well.

That seems cheaper than mine. It's just too bad that I called Mr Lau/Kok from Sun Hup to come and take measurements at my place few weeks ago and then after he came to measure he never contacted me again even though I kept asking him for a quote. :/ In the end I got fed up and engaged another contractor.

I'm doing about 10 feet long suspended TV console with feature wall and tall side cabinet, 16 feet total length L shape study table, some small cabinets here and there on top of my window ledges, laminates on 31 feet of window ledge and a big wall mounted dining mirror for about $6k total with another contractor. Maybe Mr Lau thinks not worth his while cos so few items... sigh.

That seems cheaper than mine. It's just too bad that I called Mr Lau/Kok from Sun Hup to come and take measurements at my place few weeks ago and then after he came to measure he never contacted me again even though I kept asking him for a quote. :/ In the end I got fed up and engaged another contractor.

I'm doing about 10 feet long suspended TV console with feature wall and tall side cabinet, 16 feet total length L shape study table, some small cabinets here and there on top of my window ledges, laminates on 31 feet of window ledge and a big wall mounted dining mirror for about $6k total with another contractor. Maybe Mr Lau thinks not worth his while cos so few items... sigh.

oh.. sorry to hear that he didn't get back... Yeah agreed that he can be hard to contact at times. so u mean when he came to measure up but there was no choosing of materials, etc? Cos when he came to measure for my house, we didn't do the book cabinet and the final cost was $5400. He gave the price on the spot and we could choose the laminates and watever at the same time. From what you just said, seems like he's not always operating this way.. Anyway, good that you already found a carpenter! Hope your carpentry works will be a smooth one! =)

My mother previously got Mr Lau from Siong Yee to do our built-in wardrobes & kitchen cabinets in my current home.

Been 9 yrs and everything still in good shape. My mother said must use solid plywood for wardrobes.

I bought my own house recently and also looked for Mr Lau. He charges $190pfr for casement type & $230pfr for sliding door kind.

Interested can contact him @ 90215165.

Hi all,

Hope someone still look at this thread. I am in need of a carpenter to do up my tv console area with storage and cabinet type and also some minor work in the house like study table and so on. If anyone has good carpenter to recommend pls free feel to sent me a pm. Really appreciate it.

Thanks!

My mother previously got Mr Lau from Siong Yee to do our built-in wardrobes & kitchen cabinets in my current home.

Been 9 yrs and everything still in good shape. My mother said must use solid plywood for wardrobes.

I bought my own house recently and also looked for Mr Lau. He charges $190pfr for casement type & $230pfr for sliding door kind.

Interested can contact him @ 90215165.

Hi.. I am finding a good carpenter with reasonable price. I feel that the rate per ft run what u mention is really cheap. Appreciate if u can share more detail about the material used ( laminate finish, color PVC finish, solid plywood, soft closing, shelf, drawers, etc) and workmanship.

Thanks 

Hi there,

don't mind can you share your contacts with me and how much is the cost per ft run for your wardrobe. Urgently requires help with carpentry works. Thanks. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Abit blur here... How to convert cm measurement to ft run?

Cabinets are calculated as per ft run or per ft? As for countertops, are they calculated in per ft or per sq ft?

Abit blur here... How to convert cm measurement to ft run?

Cabinets are calculated as per ft run or per ft? As for countertops, are they calculated in per ft or per sq ft?

Just convert cm to feet...

Cabinets & countertops are per foot run (pfr). Only feature wall is psf.