Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mel77

Re-running Of Aircon Piping

If the trunking is hidden in a false ceiling, how much additional would it cost usually? Or would we need to get contractors to remove the false ceiling ( :wacko:) to put in new piping?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i just did re-run of my trunking and aircon lines because one room has lines that run into the kitchen and in my cabinets. did not want condensation to damage my kitchen cabinets so i had the refrigerant lines and plumbing drainage re-run elsewhere. I also relocated my master room aircon because the previous owner installed it to blow against a wall and not into the room space. so inefficient!

after calling a few companies i realised the following:

1. There is no fixed price. It depends on the length of piping for the fan coil unit (FCU).
  2. The longer the piping, the more expensive it will be. The copper refrigerant lines are **** ex!!!

I hired freelance workers. They bought the material from their regular supplier so I just paid them for materials (exact cost, no inflation of prices) and labour, about 80-100 per worker. total 2 workers, so about 200 lah. Compared to what other companies were quoting me, i manage to save about 300-400 dollars this way.

p.s. we used 3/8 inch size for the refrigerant lines.

Edited by vivianie