Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reglxt

Our Cosy Little House

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
we had done up a simple L-shaped kitchen

the actual thing looks different from 3D cos we chose another laminate at the very last minute

looks orangy thous IMO :dunno:

3D drawing

kit.jpg

Actual Kitchen

IMG_1859.jpg

I think the colour of the laminate is fine. You planning to do glass backing like in the 3D?

So where are you putting the fridge?

I think the colour of the laminate is fine. You planning to do glass backing like in the 3D?

So where are you putting the fridge?

thanks froggy ...the real thing looks like one big carrot .. LOL

will be using white glass back splash... like the one in 3D..

maybe things not up yet and not used to it .. fridge will be opp. the hob .. no place oredi..

talking about hob.. is the trend now low hanging hood? i am kind of short so its ok for me.. fits nicely under the hood but anyone taller than me cant cook cos they will knock their head against the hood.. my contractor said its the standard height.. is this true?

do u have to change the door frame to cater to the glass door?

didnt change the door frame.. still using the original door frame :)

only thing is we repainted the frame brown :)

thanks froggy ...the real thing looks like one big carrot .. LOL

will be using white glass back splash... like the one in 3D..

maybe things not up yet and not used to it .. fridge will be opp. the hob .. no place oredi..

talking about hob.. is the trend now low hanging hood? i am kind of short so its ok for me.. fits nicely under the hood but anyone taller than me cant cook cos they will knock their head against the hood.. my contractor said its the standard height.. is this true?

i think different brand has diff spec - usu give recommended distance between hood and stove for best efficiency. Also, some hoods protrude more than others, so if knocking is a concern, then maybe choose something that protrudes less?

But I have recently heard from a friend that there is such a new hood with adjustable heights - so you can adjust it according to the kind of cooking. You heard about that?

do you mind taking a pic of the frame? as well as the part where the hinges join glass door to frame? We are still angry with ourselves for not doing more homework and having to live with the wooden door :bangwall:

i think different brand has diff spec - usu give recommended distance between hood and stove for best efficiency. Also, some hoods protrude more than others, so if knocking is a concern, then maybe choose something that protrudes less?

But I have recently heard from a friend that there is such a new hood with adjustable heights - so you can adjust it according to the kind of cooking. You heard about that?

'

thanks froggy .. think i am behind the times

the hood i have now is low hanging and protrudes out abit..

think cannot do anything about it since contractor had done up installation of cabinet and hood

don't think the current hood is adjustable too..

do you mind taking a pic of the frame? as well as the part where the hinges join glass door to frame? We are still angry with ourselves for not doing more homework and having to live with the wooden door :bangwall:

okie no prob :) will do it this week end :)

Oh i thought to use glass doors, the original wooden door frame cannot be used? We are also installing glass doors for our toilets and we thought need to replace the door frames.. My ID already warn us of the make good cost as to tear down the door frame, it will impact the wall tiles in the toilets and that cost monies.. hmmm..

Oh i thought to use glass doors, the original wooden door frame cannot be used? We are also installing glass doors for our toilets and we thought need to replace the door frames.. My ID already warn us of the make good cost as to tear down the door frame, it will impact the wall tiles in the toilets and that cost monies.. hmmm..

We didn't change anything contractor tried to use whatever we can to save cost

Will take pictures this weekend :)

Different Edmund reglxt, Froggy and I using Edmund from A-Decor. ;)

hey dexufto

are you using E*dmund from dx? :)

there are guidelines from National Kitchen and Bath Association actually.

But most importantly the height of the hood is determined by recommendations from your manufacturer of your hood. they will specify what is the optimum height from the worktop. Any higher it will not be efficient.

Meanwhile the height of your cabinet worktop is determined by you & your spouse's (or whomever is using the kitchen) elbow's height minus about 10cm. Can be found from Hettich website

Edited by dexufto

Hi Froggy & Bluerhino

heres the pics you requested

Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Edited by reglxt

Different Edmund reglxt, Froggy and I using Edmund from A-Decor. ;)

there are guidelines from National Kitchen and Bath Association actually.

But most importantly the height of the hood is determined the recommendations from your manufacturer of your hood. they will specify what is the optimum height from the worktop. Any higher it will not be efficient.

Meanwhile the height of your cabinet worktop is determined by you & your spouse's (or whomever is using the kitchen) elbow's height minus about 10cm. Can be found from Hettich website

hi dexufto, thanks for the information, very informative :)

I like your WIW at mbr. A pity that I can't do the same due to space constraint .