Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reglxt

Our Cosy Little House

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hall with invisible grilles

hall.jpg

hall2.jpg

Common room

Picture009-3.jpg

Picture009-3.jpg

Need your opinion. Do you think i should repaint the pole to white color ?

Edited by reglxt

I didn't know that, where is this documented? :unsure:

my film is reflective and tinted.. not selling for anyone but will see and give reviews later on :)

actually reflective films are not approve by hdb as well :P

Nice, you would love this keyless system, trust me.

my wtb was so against it initially and now she's loving the convenience.

Any problem when you look for your gateman installer?

Biometric lock is up

=gotten this lock from ebay

To match your wpc windows? can't really tell because of the shadows...

hey, cool grilles... i think if you can get them to paint it well in white also not bad, if not actually your curtains or blinds will cover them most of the time lah... not so necessary to paint!

btw, can u let me know how the new door system you bought from ebay is going? im contemplating getting one too! not sure how it works tho.

everything is coming along nicely! new shopping items are nice, my hubby wants a yamaha sound system too but it's so ex!!!

hey, cool grilles... i think if you can get them to paint it well in white also not bad, if not actually your curtains or blinds will cover them most of the time lah... not so necessary to paint!

btw, can u let me know how the new door system you bought from ebay is going? im contemplating getting one too! not sure how it works tho.

everything is coming along nicely! new shopping items are nice, my hubby wants a yamaha sound system too but it's so ex!!!

Ya I think the curtains will cover the poles most of the time. No different whether u paint it white or leave it.

I didn't know that, where is this documented? :unsure:

Reply: you got to see this :P the last line

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...ow?OpenDocument

Nice, you would love this keyless system, trust me.

my wtb was so against it initially and now she's loving the convenience.

Any problem when you look for your gateman installer?

Reply: like it too.. dont need to lock the door when i am out tabaoing food or throw rubbish outside..hehe

but excitement dampened by all the saga..blood vomiting experience

my dotter said " mummy, need to go to such extend...?" kids don't understand what we are going through :P

we went online searching for lock installers.. got one guy quoted us $200 but without puttying of door. another guy quoted us $250 (claimed he will do puttying + programming) so we went ahead with the one that quoted $250

Ended up he installed the lock and did abit of puttying (i think my 8 yo dotter can do a better job on the puttying).. His reasoning was the opening was way too big for him to putty (need professional people to do it) + he doesn't know how to program the lock cos the manual was in Korean..

I must clarify, we did MMS him the door pics and asked if he is familiar in installing the lock before engaging his svc but ended up with so much nonsense yet we still need to pay him full $250 - his reasoning was no renovation contractor can do such installation, so i rated him -100 pts for service :P

in the end, we got contractor to putty the door.. another 80 bucks gone .. luckily we managed to find english user manual online another 30 bucks gone but still worth it.. worked out much cheaper than buying in Sg (no warranty thou)

To match your wpc windows? can't really tell because of the shadows...

Reply: ehh was abit disappointed when we saw the mbr grilles..not the way we wanted.. we tot they will do up the middle panels only .. who knows they string up from top to bottom .. sigh .. well dont know what to say .. no choice got to live with it cos we were not around to supervise the whole thing

Edited by reglxt

Thanks dear, hows your trip? Back in SG?

i think we will repaint the poles to glossy white.. DIY this weekend. Btw we will use back the metal gate too..maybe will just paint it glossy white too (something different) hehe

we bought the F100 series Gateman from Ebay USA so far so good .. you can see my earlier post for the lock saga hehehe

i think we paid $380 for lock + delivery (another 250 for installation + 80 on puttying) minus warranty thou.. if you need the manual can forward u a copy

in SG i think the shops are selling them @ 1.3K or more ( if i am not wrong Yale had acquired Gateman recently)

As for Yamaha sound bar, i saw someone selling in ebay $700 minus warranty & sub woofer (can get the yamaha subwoofer around 300+ in SG) also u will need to buy power converter adapter .. they claimed its A grade stock - maybe there is slight cosmetic defects (need to recheck with seller) .. i bought my first gen iphone when it first launches until now also no problem.. maybe can try

lock.jpg

Edited by reglxt

I bought the Samsung one instead of gateman. Not sure which is better.

thanks may for your advise :D

which model did you buy? did you check with your ID / contractor if they can install the lock for you?

Edited by reglxt

thanks may for your advise :D

which model did you buy? did you check with your ID / contractor if they can install the lock for you?

Glossy white sound very class. Be careful when you diy. :)

Bought samsung 5230 and installation incl cos it's local set with warranty what is puttying?

Thanks dear, hows your trip? Back in SG?

i think we will repaint the poles to glossy white.. DIY this weekend. Btw we will use back the metal gate too..maybe will just paint it glossy white too (something different) hehe

we bought the F100 series Gateman from Ebay USA so far so good .. you can see my earlier post for the lock saga hehehe

i think we paid $380 for lock + delivery (another 250 for installation + 80 on puttying) minus warranty thou.. if you need the manual can forward u a copy

in SG i think the shops are selling them @ 1.3K or more ( if i am not wrong Yale had acquired Gateman recently)

As for Yamaha sound bar, i saw someone selling in ebay $700 minus warranty & sub woofer (can get the yamaha subwoofer around 300+ in SG) also u will need to buy power converter adapter .. they claimed its A grade stock - maybe there is slight cosmetic defects (need to recheck with seller) .. i bought my first gen iphone when it first launches until now also no problem.. maybe can try

lock.jpg

ya, outside selling quite expensive! wow, really sien to have to go through all those **** with funny people who dunno how to do ****. i may really consider, cos very sien to have to lock the door everytime you go out just to throw rubbish or do errands leh... haha...

oh im still overseas but got internet access...

so when u planning to move in? ur house seems almost done!

im hoping everything will be done for mine in 2 wks.

ya, outside selling quite expensive! wow, really sien to have to go through all those **** with funny people who dunno how to do ****. i may really consider, cos very sien to have to lock the door everytime you go out just to throw rubbish or do errands leh... haha...

oh im still overseas but got internet access...

so when u planning to move in? ur house seems almost done!

im hoping everything will be done for mine in 2 wks.

hmm think the house will only be ready end Jan or early feb :(

enjoy your holiday & have fun :)

Edited by reglxt

hmm think the house will only be ready end Jan or early feb :(

enjoy your holiday :)

ohh.. thought from your earlier posts and pics seems like your house almost done, how come only ready by early feb?

Updates as of 3d Jan

Done up MBR invisible grilles

Need your opinion. Do you think i should repaint the pole to white color?

CopyofPicture045.jpg

CopyofPicture043.jpg

I actually think it looks fine as it is.. aluminium colour right?

I think it will be very difficult to paint it evenly now that it has been installed

It would have been good had the paint been applied and dried before installation