Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Updates..

A flurry of activities at my house, as plumbers, door installers and electricians all doing their work at the same time.. Adding to that i have installers from LG and Sony installing the TV brackets, so you can imagine X number of bare-top sweating men squeezing in a 4-room flat and add to that the "fantastic" smell of cigarettes and varnish and paint, i almost die... haha..

As the self-assigned site foreman for the day, spent 5 hours at my house with almost 3 hours spent understudying Red Audi, i make a very important decision.. I shall stay put in my job. :P Coordinating renovation is no easy-money job, beside having to manage different groups of workers with different altitudes to what they are doing, one have to always be on the ball to resolve unexpected issues, and have the stomach to absorb unexpected cost that arise in order to appease poor owners.. like the one writing this. :notti:

Grumbling time..

TV Bracket installers from LG is :good: but unfortunately i cannot say the same for the one from Sony.. Imagine one person coming to install bracket and wall mount a 46" tv that weight more than 20+ kg.. :rolleyes: The tv is to mount in my entertainment room and he immediately proclaim he cannot do it because the fixture wall is hollow.. But Red Audi say that "Bone", which is actually solid wood, had been installed to hold the fixture wall.. This Sony fella then proceed to show us proof that the screws he used cannot be drilled inside, and we believed at that point of time.. He then asked me to sign off an invoice that states that Sony will not take responsibility of damage that results in the tv falling off from the wall, after which he just leave the bracket there, pack his things and leave.. :furious:

Obviously i am not happy, Red Audi is not happy too.. He call the partition guy who do the fixture wall and :fire: him, and told me he will take responsibility to mount the tv securely on my fixture wall.. Now the problem is we are accusing the wrong man.. The furious partition guy arrive later in the evening and promptly make a hole in the middle of the wall to show me the "bone".. Its only when LG installers come then i realise the screws used by Sony is much shorter, that's why it seems like the fixture wall is hollow and he cannot tighten the screws.. Moreover, LG installer used more expensive wall plugs to secure the bracket but Sony used screws and washers.. Even though me and my missus are Sony fans but i am quite sure i will never, ever forget this experience....

Anyway enough of the grumbling, i leave the house a satisfied man as i can say my house is really very close to completion.. Outstanding are just glassworks, touch-ups from the carpentry, windows for service yards, final round of painting, plus 2nd wash and is ready for handover liao.. The wallpaper we want need to be imported so we are praying hard that it can arrived and be installed before handover.. One more week to handover! :)

I am really BlurRhino today.. Forgot to bring my camera so pics will come in the next few days.. ;)

Geeez.. Instead of improvement in my pics taking skills, i think the pics i took have gone from bad to worst.. :(

Doors...

We opt out from doors provided by HDB as we don't like the sample that we saw at that time at HDB hub.. We have doubts over its quality and colour (this is before i know doors can be re-stained to different colours :rolleyes:). Anyway so this is in our quotation and Red Audi recommend us his usual contacts.. Knowing that i always like to research things in advance online, he ask me to checkout this firm.. But no matter hard i search and exhausting all my knowledge on how to manipulate the search engine, i cannot find this firm online.. So we decide to visit the workshop since we prefer something we can see live, rather than choosing based on the catalogue.. And its then i realize they don't even have a PC in office so how on earth they will have a presence online??!! Immediately give Red Audi my stare of death and he knows.. 8| haha..

The door for all our rooms.. sorry this is the most presentable out of the pics i take..

Room_doors.jpg

Before this, i always thought doors are just installed and that's it.. But actually after installation, it need to be varnished, sand down and varnish again to make it shine, and this process is repeated twice in my case! The solo man who is in charged of doing this take 2 hours+ to finish all the four doors.. Can see really a lot of effort put in to do it.. good! :good: what's not so good is that we are not told they will charged $60 to re-stained our main door to different colour.. We are always under the impression that this is done on goodwill.. Anyway Red Audi have agreed to absorb the cost since he told us its free beforehand.. :P

Before

DSC01044.jpg

After

Main_door.jpg

And a glimpse of our display cum shoe cabinet ;)

DSC01063.jpg

More to come soon! :)

hi blurrhino..

U hack one of ur kitchen wall, does this require PE endorsement? If u dont mind can u share , how much u engage for ur PE to come.

Cheers,

ur neighbour few miles apart, PS. ;)

hi blurrhino..

U hack one of ur kitchen wall, does this require PE endorsement? If u dont mind can u share , how much u engage for ur PE to come.

Cheers,

ur neighbour few miles apart, PS. ;)

Hihi, we don't need PE endorsement to hack this wall..

But during my research phase, several IDs told me i will need PE to hack and their quote is between $450-$600.

Confirmed painters will come in this thursday for final coat of painting..

Confirmed this thursday our new house will go through the 2nd acid wash..

Confirmed this thursday night we will go down and do our final wash,,

Confirmed this friday my furniture and bed will be delivered..

Confirmed this saturday my home appliances will be delivered..

But confirmed my ID did not confirmed with me the handover date.. He also did not mention at all about collecting final payment.. He only confirmed i have no variation orders at all.. haha.. For those with experience, did your ID tell you that they are handing over on XXX date? Then you hand over final payment? is there a fix procedure coz we dun like to owe people money... :unsure:

But during my research phase, several IDs told me i will need PE to hack and their quote is between $450-$600.

Hi BlurRhino

Am from PV and intending to hack the wall of my kitchen and the wall at our master bedroom. We don't need PE endorsement to hack the walls? Or not all walls require PE endorsement?

Thanks.

thanks for the info. Cant wait to see ur final pic of ur reno. hihi

Hi BlurRhino

Am from PV and intending to hack the wall of my kitchen and the wall at our master bedroom. We don't need PE endorsement to hack the walls? Or not all walls require PE endorsement?

Thanks.

Hihi neighbour! which block you are from?

Not all walls will require PE endorsement.. Our kitchen wall confirm don't need, in fact i think this is the most common wall to be hacked away in PV.. As for MBR wall, sorry can't advise you here since i didn't hack mine.. ;)

thanks for the info. Cant wait to see ur final pic of ur reno. hihi

Hey thanks ya! :)

Think my blog is getting boring with no pics, so here are some to share lo.. :)

View from my hall.. shoe cabinet on my left and bomb shelter feature wall on the right..

DSC01065.jpg

Close up of the feature wall, the white laminates actually have some designs on it and didn't show well on the picture.. Overall quite nicely done lo coz the the black laminates actually flush with the beam

DSC01066.jpg

Back view of the shoe cabinet, love the rustic laminates! :D

DSC01054.jpg

Front view.. not too sure its my mistake or Red Audi mistake or electrician mistake coz i was quoted for one light point only, but from 3D pic is obviously 3 lighting points.. Red Audi bear the cost for the other 2 points.. :P

DSC01067.jpg

And lastly, my favourite picture...

DSC01070.jpg

:dancingqueen:

Thanks BlurRhino!

Am from 601a. May I know who did you check this with? HDB? All the IDs/ contractors are charging us the PE.. =X

Hihi neighbour! which block you are from?

Not all walls will require PE endorsement.. Our kitchen wall confirm don't need, in fact i think this is the most common wall to be hacked away in PV.. As for MBR wall, sorry can't advise you here since i didn't hack mine.. ;)

Hey thanks ya! :)

Hi BluRhino,

I am also using I bridge rhiss for my current home in Punggol. Overall, I am very happy with their respond and design. The workmanship for capentry, electrical and plumbing is good. Their sub-con are friendly and they are able to give their advice and opinion on site.

As I am in the building and facilities industry, my wife and I set a high bench mark and expectation. Needless to say, every detailing will be look into. Fortunately, my ID, Jacky was able to exceed most request and timeline were met.

Strongly recommend, I bridge Rhiss. not because of reputation, but professionalism and receptive to customer feedback.