Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
endlssorrow

Renovation Works

Hi All...

if i not taking any IDs, how should i go reno my 4rm flat?

i mean which part should i reno first so as not to affect the other section?

example: doing flooring for all living room & 3 rooms first or doing false ceiling + lighting first, or fix air-con + wall fans first.. or what? which should go first?

and which should go last~

Thanks~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

whether u engage an ID or not, u will still need to work with a contractor since u r going to do major stuff like flooring, false ceiling etc. the contractor will tell u what to do... i.e. the sequence of the job to be done. he will know best. but of course, u need to discuss with him and monitor the works to make sure he is doing it correctly, and if wrong, to eradicate right away. U will need to coordinate with him when to get the aircon guys in, and when to install these and that if u have several parties to liase with.

Hi All...

example: doing flooring for all living room & 3 rooms first or doing false ceiling + lighting first, or fix air-con + wall fans first.. or what? which should go first?

Thanks~

I requested a quote from 2 ID's for my renovation, and both said, not enough work and eventually I got myself a contractor. Mine was messy because i had my own contact for : -

- air cond

- flooring

- wallpaper

- fans

- lights

My contractor is awesome, very nice guy and reasonable priced. If you need the contact or anything else, please PM me.

Hi All...

Thanks~

I recently renovated my 3 room flat. Suggest you do it in this sequence:

1) Any hacking

2) Windows

3) Floorings

4) Lightings & air con cabling

5) false ceiling / box up pipings

6) install Air con

7) whole house painting

8) Cabinets

9) Painting

10) Cleaning

Changing the windows first before doing the flooring so that in the event the window falls off, it will not crack your newly tiled flooring. Doing the lighting points and air con cabling first so that after that you can do the box up or false ceiling to cover up any unsightly wires.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Can you share whats the cost for Kitchen flooring ( psqft) and paiting ?

1) Any hacking

2) Windows

3) Floorings

6) install Air con

7) whole house painting

8) Cabinets

9) Painting

10) Cleaning

Changing the windows first before doing the flooring so that in the event the window falls off, it will not crack your newly tiled flooring. Doing the lighting points and air con cabling first so that after that you can do the box up or false ceiling to cover up any unsightly wires.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Hi All...

Thanks~

To play save at least engage a contractor if you never know renovation. Trust me you will mess up your place..

Hi All...

Thanks~

Are you prepared for IPTV and would you like to consider fibre ready infrastructure in your renovation plan? PM me for detail planning

1) Any hacking

2) Windows

3) Floorings

6) install Air con

7) whole house painting

8) Cabinets

9) Painting

10) Cleaning

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

I have a question?

Will it be better to be Window before hacking and flooring?

2) Windows

1) Any hacking

3) Floorings

Cause normally, the hacker will be with the flooring, unless they are 2 difference contractors. Please correct me if i am wrong.

regards

Arthur

Are you prepared for IPTV and would you like to consider fibre ready infrastructure in your renovation plan? PM me for detail planning

the fibre is for faster internet speed in future right?

Hi All...

Thanks~

Hi,

Just to share, if you are doing carpentry (e.g. wardrobes, kitchen cabinets) from another party and not from your contractor, it needs a bit of co-ordination effort between you, your contractor and your carpenter coz the contractor will probably be laying your kitchen tiles and you need to make sure that they build up your cabinet base properly and to the correct dimensions for your kitchen cabinet. I'm also doing reno without an ID and that was the most challenging part so far coz I'm doing an open concept kitchen with a bar counter top.

The reno sequence for my EA so far (still halfway thru)

1) Hacking wall, kitchen, dining room floor + toilet flooring

2) Lay kitchen & dining & toilet floor tiles

3) Electrical re-wiring

4) Plastering whole house

5) Plumbing works

6) L-box (The L-box is not meant to cover up air-con trunking)

7) Air con trunking installation

Still need to do:

8) Whole house painting

9) Kitchen cabinet & bedroom wardrobes installation

10) Painting touch up

11) Install lightings

12) Cleaning

Your contractor should be able to advise you on the sequence too, and they can also advise you on when your fittings should be delivered by etc.

Good luck! :)