Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Bedok Central, Let Chat Here. Part Ii

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Think big jam is coming!

I tot openet installation stated on their website for LG is ard 2012-2013? we will receive letter ba.. can imagine the nice trunking in our nicely deco home.. lolz

therat, i still waiting for your response.

Anyway guys in LG, did your storeroom turn moldy? i seldom open up my storeroom, and after some time, i see the wall turn from white to yellow.

Also do anyone experience "noise" on channel 5, 8 & U? those BZzzzzz sound? Almost all channels except suria channel. so i suspect it is from source. and not becoz of my TV. anyone can verified? Thanks.

Orange,

Now you mention it, i also heard this sound so how can we clarify?

seem like our long awaited mall is finally going to start it's operation.

Confirmed tomorrow open liao (16/12/10). Just received brochure from letter box!

Edited by bepgof

went into this long await mall this early morning. the elevator from 1st to 2nd is on the front, and the 2nd to 3rd elevator is on the behind. find it a bit weird.

Also, more than 50% of the shops ( should be close to 65%) are F&B.. feel a bit disappointed on the shopping needs. A G2000 will be good for me.

As for the opennet, i think there is a good chance that we can do conceal. I do not think that is impossible. It can be done. For more info, you can go to the official website and see their youtube.

Anyway open to all LGian, do you guys have any idea on how to reduce dust?? As my coffee table and most furniture surface is Black in color, it is very obvious to see dust every day i come home. I hear before put plant will reduce dust... anyone have experience and willing to share?

Also, anyone else have moldy bomb shelter?

For TV buzzing sound, i remember clearly that tuesday is 'CLEAR', but yesterday: Wednesday, the sound come back. Maybe rain water touch the wire somewhere OUT there??? Should be from source.

Anyway wishing all LGian a happy Christmas in advance and a very very good 2011 year ahead!!!

BO.

Was expecting Bedok Point to be the main central Mall in Bedok but alas it turns out to be a Makan Point instead.

However, having said that it'll be great to have late dining as the lvl 1 eateries will stay open till 1am (Mon-Thu) and till 3am (Fri-Sun)

Based on comments by the neighbours and those i bumped into while walking round Bedok Point, we still do not have:-

- Burger King (previous one near library closed some yrs back). Have to make do with the McD, KFC, LJS and now Popeyes

- No Popular Bookstore (mentioned several times esp. for those with school kids)

Perhaps with the revamped Bus Interchange starting end 2011 (expected completion 2015) we will have a bigger and perhaps the "main" Mall for Bedok. (with Cinema PLS)

Btw, where Bedok Point is currently, it used to be 2 big buildings one housing McD (not sure what the upper lvls were after the cinema closed down) and the other a cinema screening Bollywood movies (anyone remember the kacang putih man there). However, after walking in Bedok Point its seems rather small. Perhaps only equivelant to the NTUC.

Edited by Iman

u can certainly right about the ntuc. the floor size look almost the same. walkway is small, light is dim. However best luck to the shop there. i think it might turn out a surprise to many of us.

:)

this evening, went there to have our dinner. "angry" dinner. And it is cause by Lerk Thai Restaurant #02-12/14

nearly 70% are food, look like Clementi that 金满地

We order 1 veg, 1 pancake, 1 soup, 1 egg, 1 olive fried rice, 1 pineapple rice and 1 steam rice.

The way they serve the dinner. Make us so angry and in the end, we cancel the egg which never serve after asking 3X.

1st they serve the soup then after we finish the soup, waited for few mins. Long enough for me and my kid to play 2 games.

Then they serve the pancake. When I ask the waiter , when is the steam rice and other items.

He just say sorry.. coming coming.

wait until pancake cold. Olive rice arrive but still no sign of the steam rice.

Wah liao.. steam rice also need to take that long one mah?

Every item is serve few min after each other and we need to stop eating just to wait for the veg, etc to be serve.

They don't even remember the steam rice after we ask the 2nd time.

There are 2 table beside us , order later than us. Already finish eating

The share is small and expensive.

No worth.

They charge everything

1 ice water $1

1 cracker which they default place on the table and never told you that it cost $1.

Just a small bowl. 5-6 pcs cracker.. $1..

wah pian..

1st and my last meal in this restaurant.

Newly open alway have this kinda of stunt. Give them another chance next time? :P

by the way, u seem to "purposely" ignore my PM(s) and posting hor... :unsure:

Edited by big orange

hi all,

sorry to change topic amidst all the bedok point talk. anyone has contact for repairing the laundry drying rack? mine totally slanted and cannot go up anymore :(

thanks!

hi all,

sorry to change topic amidst all the bedok point talk. anyone has contact for repairing the laundry drying rack? mine totally slanted and cannot go up anymore :(

thanks!

HDB should have some warrenty if you just shifted in

think the work has started

I thought they would built some IPPTs training facilities... but better then nothing.

1. call east coast TC for handyman's contact. They can provide to you and it will be much cheaper.

2. who feel the void deck is VERY dirty?

Yes, very dirty and think its infested with big grasshopper too.