Sign in to follow this  
delynn

Led Tv

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all, which model is better?

1) Samsung UA40C6200

2) Toshiba 42XL700

3) Sharp 40LE820

I like Samsung. base on pricing and usage, most likely i will get the Series 5. the diff between C5000 and C6200 is the refresh rate 100 vs 400 and the suround sound. C6900 vs C6200 is the internet tv function.

if u buying soon, can go to Sitex this weekend and see the price.

I like Samsung. base on pricing and usage, most likely i will get the Series 5. the diff between C5000 and C6200 is the refresh rate 100 vs 400 and the suround sound. C6900 vs C6200 is the internet tv function.

if u buying soon, can go to Sitex this weekend and see the price.

What about LG?

Hi all, which model is better?

1) Samsung UA40C6200

2) Toshiba 42XL700

3) Sharp 40LE820

Sitex running a lot of hourly specials for these sizes; though I'm not sure if it is actually cheaper than store

I looking for 46in; waited 2 hours also dun have

You have plenty of choices if you looking for 32in to 42in

By the way, Sharp has no booth there

There's Samsung, LG, Sony, Toshiba, Palladine

Sitex running a lot of hourly specials for these sizes; though I'm not sure if it is actually cheaper than store

I looking for 46in; waited 2 hours also dun have

You have plenty of choices if you looking for 32in to 42in

By the way, Sharp has no booth there

There's Samsung, LG, Sony, Toshiba, Palladine

Also got Philips.

But you're right, no 46". I'm also looking for a gd deal on 46".

btw, most of these booths running hourly specials tend to actually belong to dept stores, such as Courts, Harvey Norman etc. Usually only Sony will run their own booths. The other brands tend to leave it to the stores to promote their products. But it's also possible that Samsung and LG run their own promotions. But I would NEVER buy LG. Samsung's not bad but i find the 5000 series not good enough when compared to other brands equivalent. i saw some pixelation in certain scenes when i was there earlier. A bit surprised as I didn't expect it from their widely-popular series.

Also got Philips.

But you're right, no 46". I'm also looking for a gd deal on 46".

btw, most of these booths running hourly specials tend to actually belong to dept stores, such as Courts, Harvey Norman etc. Usually only Sony will run their own booths. The other brands tend to leave it to the stores to promote their products. But it's also possible that Samsung and LG run their own promotions. But I would NEVER buy LG. Samsung's not bad but i find the 5000 series not good enough when compared to other brands equivalent. i saw some pixelation in certain scenes when i was there earlier. A bit surprised as I didn't expect it from their widely-popular series.

why not LG?

the 47in LE5500 is going for $2,399 (at the Maximum Credit Co. booth) and $2,599 (at HN booth)

cheapest for the kind of specs and size

i did not buy as LG was not on my radar previously

could you share the cons of LG?

why not LG?

the 47in LE5500 is going for $2,399 (at the Maximum Credit Co. booth) and $2,599 (at HN booth)

cheapest for the kind of specs and size

i did not buy as LG was not on my radar previously

could you share the cons of LG?

i will NEVER buy any LG products in my lifetime, no matter how good, or how value-for-money the product is. Simply 'cos of their warranty and after-sales service. i had related my experience wif their after-sales in another thread on electrical appliances and as far as their warranty is concerned, the conclusion tt i get thru' my own experience and also that of a fellow consumer seated next to me, who sent in his LG handphone, is that........there is no warranty. Whatever fault that they can deny, they will deny tt it's a manufacturing defect and claim it is either normal wear and tear, or operator fault.

1) laptop flickering screen within first 2 weeks - operator fault? need to re-format HD and re-install OS? to me, it's a load of crap and utter incompetence of technical staff. my IT friend fixed it for me without re-formatting or re-installing anything software. simple case of incorrect default settings from factory. get this? incorrect settings from factory. the own manufacturer also dunno hw to set up the software to work properly wif their equipment.

2) internal plastic component breaking within 1yr - normal wear and tear? to replace a small piece of plastic, i hv to pay over $100 to replace the whole laptop casing. normal wear and tear? within 1yr? i've used 2 Acer laptops, 1 Acer desktop, 1 Creative desktop, all for multiple years. Never had anything plastic or metallic break within the first year. in fact, nothing broke within any number of years that i had the equipment with me. i still hv an Acer laptop (oredi 5yrs) and an Acer desktop (4yrs) wif me and they're still working perfectly fine. i can only conclude tt my LG laptop used lower quality materials compared to those other brands I had.

3) customer next to me sent in his LG hp for repair. 1 week old. battery not charging at all. when hp says batt fully charged, once un-plugger frm charger, batt will show "low batt" after a couple of hours. this is wat i overheard from their conversation - technician plugged hp into a charger, showed customer tt the batt was charging, and claim since batt is charging, means batt not spoilt, not a claimable warranty as it's not a defect. indirectly implying it's operator's fault. batt still had it's manufacture date sticker pasted on it. customer went bonkers.

so after the above, do i still wanna part wif my hard-earned money for this? at the risk of having the product break down on me and den have them tell me it's not covered under their warranty?

i've made my decision. those who read this are free to make their own decisions. this is my experience wif them. believe it or not, up to u the reader.

(added during edit) oh btw, my LG laptop is now approaching 1.5yrs, and the fan is oredi making a lot of rattling noise. my 5yr-old Acer laptop.....can put it next to a sleeping baby and u won't hear a thing.

Edited by manutd1972

u can go to sitex buy samsung LED TV, not sure price.

On a similar note: a Samsung 50" Plasma 3D T.V. w/2 3D Glasses + starter was retailing@ $5399,

I got mine previously from HV warehouse sale for $2499

Sitex GC is selling this set $4549.

Hope this helps in your decision making.

Edited by dexufto

no need to go Sitex..

was at Sitex on Thur, Expo was ridiculously crowded

then Best Denki on Fri

Prices are the same for LG and Samsung at both venues

as for the hourly specials, I read in HWZ that they are nothing to shout about

Overall, during my 2 hours at Sitex, did not feel that deals were all that good nor worth the trip