Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ladymuse

Things To Do Before You Move Into New House?

Hi everyone,

Would like to know if it is a must to "cleanse" a house before you first move it? The thing is i am quite superstitious and a free thinker but

follow more towards the christian religion. I am really clueless about what to do to make sure my house will be clean. Was told to just throw holy water in the house. Also , do you do these when you first get the keys and open the door or after renovation when going to move in? Any advice will be much appreciated :) thank you :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone,

Would like to know if it is a must to "cleanse" a house before you first move it? The thing is i am quite superstitious and a free thinker but

follow more towards the christian religion.

Free thinker = superstitious and toward christianity?

For new condo, I gong gong, get key, open door chiong to tiolet and did some business first. Before whole family moved in, I stayed overnight alone there twice to have the "feel", with carton box paper and coffee. Reno a bit, whole family chiong and moved in.

For resale HDB, also gong gong, got key and stayed alone for one night to have the "feel". Started major reno for 1.5 month, then just gong gong "moved in" things bit by bit.

Edited by bepgof

Free thinker = superstitious and toward christianity?

For new condo, I gong gong, get key, open door chiong to tiolet and did some business first. Before whole family moved in, I stayed overnight alone there twice to have the "feel", with carton box paper and coffee. Reno a bit, whole family chiong and moved in.

For resale HDB, also gong gong, got key and stayed alone for one night to have the "feel". Started major reno for 1.5 month, then just gong gong "moved in" things bit by bit.

My parents also said must sprinkle rice, tea leaves etc. The feng shui master said up to me. I still followed my parents advice to be safe than sorry.

So Bepgof, everything went smoothly? Did you get any dates prior to open door?

My parents also said must sprinkle rice, tea leaves etc. The feng shui master said up to me. I still followed my parents advice to be safe than sorry.

So Bepgof, everything went smoothly? Did you get any dates prior to open door?

Sprinkle rice, tea leave, roll pineapple, picking dates... are rituals. These are no harm yet win yr senior's blessing.

I'm not "pantang", have done macro fs on my own before buying, any day as long as convenient to all parties involved is a "good" day.

The day I got the key, I chiong and open the door liao, can't wait.

Edited by bepgof

Below are abstracted from Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Initial Opening of Door for the first time

Procedure:

1) Door open by facilitator - ALL call out " PING AN FA CHAI ", then throw in PINEAPPLE (x1 pcs); then facilitator hand over the keys.

2) Prepare RICE and GREEN BEANS - Husband & wife (no outsiders except for own or family members can be around) to sprinkle ALL over the house

- Mix the rice and green beans together. (Leave a "cup-full" of green beans - for later placement at the living room area).

- During this procedure, make sure that no outsiders are inside the home.

- For example, if it is a condo, the condo facilitator must leave the apartment. Own family members can remain eg. parents).

- The purpose is to "sow" wealth into the apartment. Thus, it is not a matter of sprinkly lots of rice/beans but rather, try to sprinkle all over the apartment inclusive of the toilets/yard.

3) Prepare FA GAO (x2 pcs - can be brown, yellow or pink). If white colour FA GAO make sure that a circular red paper to be stuck/placed on top of the FA GAO.

- Place one FA GAO in the middle of the room

- while the other FA GAO with 3 oranges and 1 red packet with some money e.g. 2 dollars, 20 cents or 80 cents will do - on top of the kitchen stove.

4) Prepare 5 types of FRUITS such as ORANGE/ KUM, RED APPLES, RED GRAPES, BANANA and a single PINEAPPLE. AVOID: PEARS ONLY.

- Grapes should preferably be purple or reddish. But not green or black coloured grapes.

- for countable fruits such as oranges (Kum) & apples please purchase 5 each to be placed in the middle of the living room. For a bunch like banana, or grapes, no need to count.

5) Prepare TEA LEAVES (tie kuan yin) and place it in the middle of the living room.

6) Prepare COTTON WOOL, WATER and a DISH for germinating the GREEN BEANS and place it in the middle of the living room. Item# 3 - 6 : These are to be placed at the middle of the living room.

7) In addition, at the 4 corners of the LIVING & DINING room, place a set of 2x ORANGES + 1x Red Packet of 20cts - total : ORANGES x8 + RED PACKETs x4

8) In addition, at the KITCHEN, place FA GAO x1 and ORANGES x3 on the stove.

- with an ang pow with 20cents or 2 dollars or even number notes/coins will do.

- Do not sweep the floor on the three days of placement. For example, if placed on Saturday, only sweep the floor after Monday i.e. from next Tuesday onwards ONLY.

- After this date, all the ang pow money can be used to purchase sweets or sweet-drinks for own family consumption.

--- End of Ritual –

Copyright Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

One of the "bad" ones under my ruler, rojak king. Just express my view, not to condemn.

Edited by bepgof