Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
donal5

Our First Home At Yishun (5i)

Hi All... just realized that the wall in my house has lines as shown below. Any suggestions on how to fill the line? I asked my contractor, but he said even if I fill it up, after some time, a crack line will show up. Help please... thanks...

CIMG3683.jpg

CIMG3682.jpg

Put ur tv here.. Feature wall, tv console plus cabinet storage to hide the lines..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi mistgun, it would be nice to have feature wall for the whole wall. But due to budget constraint, this is not an option :( I guess I may have to live with it. wondering if most of the hdb wall have this kind of lines or not for those original hdb wall.

A bit difficult also as the lines are not in the middle of the wall. Thanks for the input

Hi mistgun, it would be nice to have feature wall for the whole wall. But due to budget constraint, this is not an option :( I guess I may have to live with it. wondering if most of the hdb wall have this kind of lines or not for those original hdb wall.

A bit difficult also as the lines are not in the middle of the wall. Thanks for the input

my place don't have these lines. But the MBR ceiling and kitchen is a bit slanted on one side.. If you look closer you will see it..

heyy bro, u got ur key already??? congratS!!! hahah

i think plastering can resolve it. but think ur budget wont able to include whole house plastering. or else, u can ask the id /contractor to plaster that line or something. ask him dun charge lor.

mine got those embedded roman flowery frame on 3 walls lor. even worse. they hack off the frame and apply some cement patching and paint it over. look fine to me now. =)

Hi bro steelze, i have not gotten my keys yet, just that the tenants were nice enough to let me bring contractor to do measurement. The pics I took during that day, as I realized only at that point also. You are right, plastering is not cheap. My contractor may not be able to waive it off for me... as my house have these lines on 3 walls. These can easily cost a few hundred bucks.

How's your reno? Almost done? I read you are seeing some issues with your ID. I hope things can close smoothly later. I am crossing finger on mine. I will be getting my keys in 2 weeks time, getting excited. My reno will start after chinese new year.

Yea, we got our bed while looking for other furniture... got a king size bed w/ frame for $2.3k frm Courts. My friend told me that I can get cheaper price in the furniture warehouses in Sungei Kadut. Too bad... alrdy pay deposit... :( Maybe some other furniture I can get from there.

well as long u feel good and like the purchase, once decided and willing to buy so no point to think about where can get cheaper... :dancingqueen:

@steelze, yes the one went up to do measurement is the confirmed one, but I have not signed yet :) He said signed after choose materials and get keys. Btw, thanks for the referal on the wood door. I went down there to get our doors done also. Now only need to source for iron gate door.

@lazybum9, yea, you are correct. As long as I feel the price was right at the moment, it does not matter, just have to move on to other items. We did go to Sungei Kadut and got a good deal on customized wardrobe. Also saw a nice sofa for 3+2 half leather for $1.7k, still thinking about it.

Thanks leechaorui, looking forward to getting keys... getting excited...

That sound very nice to own a property. btw I have the same layout as yours but in Bukit Panjang. I do hope the owner will sell me the property. hahah

That sound very nice to own a property. btw I have the same layout as yours but in Bukit Panjang. I do hope the owner will sell me the property. hahah

Hi Roblon, welcome to RT. Yes, indeed... owning a house is the greatest thing. So you are still house hunting? All the best...

Hi Roblon, welcome to RT. Yes, indeed... owning a house is the greatest thing. So you are still house hunting? All the best...

[/quote

Yes , still hunting... I prepare to Reno about 50k- 65k. The mable floor I will get the contractor to polish. Ready hope the owner will sell me.

Hi All, I am wondering if any of forumers use Philips downlights (without ballast)? Any recommendation whether to use downlights with or without ballast?

The Philips downlights are more expensive, about $38 (2 bulbs 6 inch no ballast), whereas other brand with ballast cost $20+.

I talked to the person in lightnings.com.sg and he mentioned that ballast also consumed power, so talking about saving energy, without ballast is more energy saving.

But I am wondering whether the one without ballast will cause the bulb not to last long? Any experience with the ones without ballast?

Thanks

Ah? Can buy downlight (plc) w/o balast one meh? Thought normally ppl sell n buy whole package one (Philip light bulb, balast & the lighting cover /glass).

I went down to both lighting.com and a-lighting. I looked for 2 x 18w (cool white) philip bulb, balast and clear glass cover. Lighting.com quoted me $27 each. A-lighting gave me $22. The decision was an easy one. =)