Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mistgun

My 3ng Home At Yishun

You must have save from JB shopping as well :)

I hope your tolietries/ saintarywares delivery has been resolved?

Ought to have completed tilting by now yes?

Do keep your pics comming.

All the best on your renovation journey mistgun.

Sanitary delivery resolved by my contractor..

Tiling done... Place still quite messy and dusty so not yet post the picture online..

Ya quite saved some money from shopping from jb.. Need to take note if buy from jb need to be prepared to take some risk...Nothing comes free... Furniture and lighting saved a lot of money... Lighting try not to buy something that is hard to install or complicated from jb...

If things spoilt or not correct need to go back jb and change back with them...

Learned a few things along the way.. You will need to have a ceiling cap or a fan hook if you want to install a fan in your house.

Some fans doesn't come with the fan hook.. Like my elmark fanaway fan. You will need to buy a separate fan hook that has a 3cm diameter.. Normal hardware shop do not have this kind of fan hook (they sell a standard size that has a diameter of 5cm i think) need to go to shop that sell fan or go back to elmark show room in singapore to buy the fan hook.. If you use the wrong fan hook you will not be able to close the fan cap and will see a gap of 1.5 inch between the fan cap and the ceiling.

Lucky for me my contractor was very nice and asked the electrician to go and buy for me. At the moment my master room fan still pending contractor to help me buy the fan hook.. They elmark girl called it the omega hook.

Will try and do false ceiling next time with down light for my place if given the chance.. Had a lot of headache choosing the correct lighting for my place... Hope it looks good once it is finish...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sanitary delivery resolved by my contractor..

Learned a few things along the way.. You will need to have a ceiling cap or a fan hook if you want to install a fan in your house.

Some fans doesn't come with the fan hook.. Like my elmark fanaway fan. You will need to buy a separate fan hook that has a 3cm diameter.. Normal hardware shop do not have this kind of fan hook (they sell a standard size that has a diameter of 5cm i think) need to go to shop that sell fan or go back to elmark show room in singapore to buy the fan hook.. If you use the wrong fan hook you will not be able to close the fan cap and will see a gap of 1.5 inch between the fan cap and the ceiling.

Lucky for me my contractor was very nice and asked the electrician to go and buy for me. At the moment my master room fan still pending contractor to help me buy the fan hook.. They elmark girl called it the omega hook.

Good to know that,

Yea, i totally understand what you mean, my alpha fan doesn't come with a ceiling bracket.. or what you call a hook,

in the end my contractor gotta source it for me.. the one he got,

after the electrician fixed them turned out to be wobbly, as you said probably due to the wrong size.

Laminates not done nicely

IMG_2048.jpg

Can see one black line between the wall tiles and the kitchen cabinet.. Is this acceptable?

IMG_2049.jpg

Edited by mistgun

i agree, something must be done. Imagine everyday u walk past that area and see the black black line. By then, too late to ask for rectification and u have to live with it.

i agree, something must be done. Imagine everyday u walk past that area and see the black black line. By then, too late to ask for rectification and u have to live with it.

The laminate the carpenter will redo

The black color line the contractor told me that will repaint in white so that it is not noticeable.. Will see the next few days whether is it ok or not..

Notice some scratches on my bi fold door.. very sign... Know any way to amend it?

Notice additional problem on my kitchen wall tiles.. The black color tiles has sign of scratches on it. According to my contractor could be the wall tiles the material not good so easy to scratch on it.. If not mistaken the tiles comes from China.

According to my contractor only 2 way out of this.. Either to redo all the black color wall tiles or to give me some discount....

Edited by mistgun

Having more headache.. :bangwall: Notice my contractor cracked my wall tiles when installing the toilet accessories in my common toilet. Should I get them to replace the wall tiles.. Would this cause a lot of delay?

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

Having more headache.. :bangwall: Notice my contractor cracked my wall tiles when installing the toilet accessories in my common toilet. Should I get them to replace the wall tiles.. Would this cause a lot of delay?

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

If u can live with it then close one eye lor. If he can do it at no cost, let him do it. If he knows how to carefully remove that tile, it can be done within a day or two.

I am also doing an all white kitchen cabinet, and i notice the edge joining part can see the black line... is this ok for those who have white laminates cupboard? The carpenter told me it's common because the back of the laminate is black, and when join, the edge sure can see the black line. is this true?

I am also doing an all white kitchen cabinet, and i notice the edge joining part can see the black line... is this ok for those who have white laminates cupboard? The carpenter told me it's common because the back of the laminate is black, and when join, the edge sure can see the black line. is this true?

Ya this is true unless you use the more expensive laminate which is twice the price. My contractor inform me up front when we sat down to choose the laminate material. My kitchen cabinet can see the black line as well.

Ya this is true unless you use the more expensive laminate which is twice the price. My contractor inform me up front when we sat down to choose the laminate material. My kitchen cabinet can see the black line as well.

Yes, the more expensive one will have less black line.

One way is to ask the contractor to use the more expensive type at the joints or corners. That will save some money.

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

Told my contractor and she says will rectify for me.. Now the only big problem is the black color tiles on the kitchen wall. Awaiting hafary's reply on this. See whether will they come down to repolish or not.

Untitled-1.jpg

Hafary informed that my this black color wall tiles is very sensitive prone to scratches which they did not inform us on day one.

My contractor inform that to rectify this problem they want to overlay the black color tiles with a different tiles..

Is this advisable?

As my wall tiles is 300 x 600 in size they do not have other wall tiles that has glossy surface. Need to overlay with another type of wall tiles that is rough surface.

I asked my contractor also whether is it advisable to cover the wall tiles with tempered glass instead. Is this advisable? She mentioned however the cost might be higher and that it is very hard to piece together such a big piece of tempered glass?

Now awaiting her response and advice..

Edited by mistgun

comming from a black solid-top point of view,

i wouldn't excatly say that it is prone to scratch, but the scratch marks are very very obvious to the naked eye.

hence for a moment of time i was wondering if i had should have invested in a better quality kitchen-top or just

to choose another colour instead.

I have a black backslpash, it was overlayed with a tempered glass, works fine.

Untitled-1.jpg

Hafary informed that my this black color wall tiles is very sensitive prone to scratches which they did not inform us on day one.

My contractor inform that to rectify this problem they want to overlay the black color tiles with a different tiles..

Is this advisable?

As my wall tiles is 300 x 600 in size they do not have other wall tiles that has shiny surface. Need to overlay with another type of wall tiles that is rough surface.

I asked my contractor also whether is it advisable to overlay instead with tempered glass instead. Is this advisable? She mentioned however the cost might be higher and that it is very hard to piece together such a big piece of tempered glass?

Now awaiting her response and advice..

comming from a black solid-top point of view,

i wouldn't excatly say that it is prone to scratch, but the scratch marks are very very obvious to the naked eye.

hence for a moment of time i was wondering if i had should have invested in a better quality kitchen-top or just

to choose another colour instead.

I have a black backslpash, it was overlayed with a tempered glass, works fine.

My scratches are on the kitchen wall tiles on the wall and in between the kitchen cabinet. My white solid surface work top is still ok. Even if have scratches still looks ok unless you look really close..

Have decided to put tempered glass to cover the black wall tiles between the cabinet. The other side since half will be covered by my fridge will try to use carefully without creating more scratches on it..

My contractor says that it will cost more for her if I use the tempered glass.. Anyway hope I choosed the correct thing...

Cause not really keen to overlay another set of tiles on my current wall tiles that have just been laid.