Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hey may dream...

did u get a chance to try the Getha mattresses yet?

getha mattresses? no leh.... i am not planning to buy mattresses yet at the moment. will use existing until i have enough money to buy my tv then only i will change my mattresses. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Agreed with Marshy. Can get those wire-mesh multi-layered shelves.

If not, can get concrete shelves for all corners in the bathroom. :lol:

I have extra shelves at the common bathroom to put those cleaning solutions & stuffs.

haha but May said wire mesh doesn't match with her resort theme... hmmm how about making a hole at the tiles? :rolleyes:

or maybe use wooden shelf with some gaps in between... something like those wooden benches in park hahaha~

i will go find out from the tiler later on..... see whether can make another shelf or not. :) or else, then i will think of something else.

RENOVATION DAY 14: TILING ALL AREA

My tiles are very simple, its just both toilets wall and floor, the wall that my stove will be (not the whole kitchen) and kitchen/dining/living/all bedrooms floor tile. So for this big piece of area, i am using just 1 type of tile.

This tile also the same one that i had problem with last friday (reno day 10). The 1st tile i chosen was uneven so i have to go choose again. It was sent on monday afternoon and tiler came again yesterday to lay them. I was too busy during lunch and after work that i didn't go view the progress. So today, went during lunch to see how it looks to have the floor tile being laid.

flooringtile.jpg

Can't see much as it is mostly covered by the corrugated paper. It is a bit shiny with textured so that it will not be too slippery. I hope it will be easy to mop since it have textures....

But one thing to recommend, the tiler really have good skill.... everything was done as the best as he can!! i am happy with his work....

So, at the moment, dining, living and guest bedroom are done. Will be doing storeroom, kitchen and MBR by friday!!! :paint::D

Can't see much as it is mostly covered by the corrugated paper. It is a bit shiny with textured so that it will not be too slippery. I hope it will be easy to mop since it have textures....

But one thing to recommend, the tiler really have good skill.... everything was done as the best as he can!! i am happy with his work....

So, at the moment, dining, living and guest bedroom are done. Will be doing storeroom, kitchen and MBR by friday!!! :paint::D

hee not sure about whether easy to mop or not... :P one thing i can say is maybe don't use those microfibre mop... i tried that on my rough toilet tiles and seems like some very fine thread of fibre kenna pull out? probably due to friction from the rough surface.... :unsure:

tiling work is probably the largest part of the reno, so it's important to have a good tiler... good for you! :good:

RENOVATION DAY 14: TILING ALL AREA

My tiles are very simple, its just both toilets wall and floor, the wall that my stove will be (not the whole kitchen) and kitchen/dining/living/all bedrooms floor tile. So for this big piece of area, i am using just 1 type of tile.

This tile also the same one that i had problem with last friday (reno day 10). The 1st tile i chosen was uneven so i have to go choose again. It was sent on monday afternoon and tiler came again yesterday to lay them. I was too busy during lunch and after work that i didn't go view the progress. So today, went during lunch to see how it looks to have the floor tile being laid.

Looks good!

Can see the shimmer wor.

by fri all done up!

:)

After tiling, what's next?

hee not sure about whether easy to mop or not... :P one thing i can say is maybe don't use those microfibre mop... i tried that on my rough toilet tiles and seems like some very fine thread of fibre kenna pull out? probably due to friction from the rough surface.... :unsure:

tiling work is probably the largest part of the reno, so it's important to have a good tiler... good for you! :good:

oh... my mop are not microfiber type..... i am using this special mop i bought from OG. made in japan, it says. not sure true or not. but i might hire temp maid to help me clean the house loh.... cannot take it lah.... so busy at work then want to keep house clean.. haiz....

thanks thanks.... i also hope that everything will be done nicely!! tiles is what we see everyday.... at least carpentry, if don't like, can still change. but tiles more difficult lah.... :)

Looks good!

Can see the shimmer wor.

by fri all done up!

After tiling, what's next?

yup.. this tile got a bit of shimering.... let's see whether the end result as nice as i hope for. hehehehe....

hhmm.... should be plastering works which will take 3 days. then will be city gas, aircon, electrical and plumbing all to be done next week.

following week will be carpentry to be up.... should be on time!! :sport-smiley-018:

yup.. this tile got a bit of shimering.... let's see whether the end result as nice as i hope for. hehehehe....

hhmm.... should be plastering works which will take 3 days. then will be city gas, aircon, electrical and plumbing all to be done next week.

following week will be carpentry to be up.... should be on time!! :sport-smiley-018:

fast !

will be on time de!

so i presume nx week doing fabricating of carpentry to be in time for the following installation!

The new tile is nice and shimmery. Is this belong to super white category? Btw, what is the code no for this tile if you don't mind? How much per square foot ya?

The new tile is nice and shimmery. Is this belong to super white category? Btw, what is the code no for this tile if you don't mind? How much per square foot ya?

I don't know what is considered as super white category.... i also don't know what is the code but what i remembered was, this tile is $3.20 psf before GST. i will check on the box the next time i go again, ok??

I don't know what is considered as super white category.... i also don't know what is the code but what i remembered was, this tile is $3.20 psf before GST. i will check on the box the next time i go again, ok??

Thanks, May! Kindly indicate which shop if you dun mind cos different shop different code. :)

Thanks, May! Kindly indicate which shop if you dun mind cos different shop different code. :)

It's at soon bee huat that I got the floor tiles. :)

It's at soon bee huat that I got the floor tiles. :)

wahhh May you should sleep earlier~

just read from mae's t-blog... you and contractor discussed from 8:30pm to 2am!?!? :bow:

wahhh May you should sleep earlier~

just read from mae's t-blog... you and contractor discussed from 8:30pm to 2am!?!? :bow:

I want to sleep early too. But just too many things to discuss and I got no one to help me. Ya, discussion with him just get later and later. Hope no more such long nights.... :(

May, Look out for today's Straits Times, World Section first page... Samsung LED Full HD TV 55" only $1999. Just nice for your feature wall! Hurry down to Suntec.... Ha! Ha! Me bad company...always ask u to buy things...