Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

darling, your room alone is bigger than the entire flat of many housing in HK.... :lol: my friend only has less than 200 sqft which houses a family of 5 + 1 baby.

so, be contented with what you have la... it's Singapore LOL :lol:

erm many condos have small small rooms becos of layout... smaller than mine though total house floor area about the same~ :unsure:

I would love to see the layout of yr HK friend's home to see HOW to fit in 5+1 baby. ???

True - many condos do not have good layout to maximise space.

Old condos - big rooms but small kitchens and bathrooms

New condos - bigger /nicer bathrooms and kitchens than the old condos but smaller rooms

Square or rectangular size HDB flats can have better layouts than condos. My main bugbear with HDB flats is the common toilet located in the kitchen.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I would love to see the layout of yr HK friend's home to see HOW to fit in 5+1 baby. ???

True - many condos do not have good layout to maximise space.

Old condos - big rooms but small kitchens and bathrooms

New condos - bigger /nicer bathrooms and kitchens than the old condos but smaller rooms

Square or rectangular size HDB flats can have better layouts than condos. My main bugbear with HDB flats is the common toilet located in the kitchen.

There is basically no layout. Just imagine a HDB 1-room flat. only the parents got "room". the rest sleep in "living room"... or partition a very, very small box in the living room as "bedroom" - the "room" can just fit a single bed~ :lol:

it's amazing how they can squeeze so many things in such small space... though this is very common in HK ;)

if you are interested, can do a rough sketch to show you :lol:

PICTURES OF HACKED MASTER BEDROOM

This is the most difficult part of getting my dream home. Everything was smooth until trying to get approval to hack my bedroom walls. I need to extend the bedroom into the living so that my bedroom will be bigger. Just enough to fit my walk in wardrobe plus a big bed....

Even though the 1st application was sent in on 21st feb, only get approved on 28th Mar. That is after 5 weeks and 3 times of application. Still thank God that it was finally approved and today, i finally can see the hacked bedroom.

MBRhacked.jpg

Does it look big?? hehehe.... :wub:

Your room is :bow::bow: So how's the progress today? Enjoy reading your 'live' update...

Can have 2 King beds n also a huge wardrobeshows how big your bedroom is :jawdrop: .. .. can play hike n seek inside :D

I thought can play bedminton :lol:

darling, your room alone is bigger than the entire flat of many housing in HK.... :lol: my friend only has less than 200 sqft which houses a family of 5 + 1 baby.

so, be contented with what you have la... it's Singapore LOL :lol:

erm many condos have small small rooms becos of layout... smaller than mine though total house floor area about the same~ :unsure:

yes yes i know.... i am very happy with it already. of course i would love to have it even bigger.

Can have 2 King beds n also a huge wardrobeshows how big your bedroom is :jawdrop: .. .. can play hike n seek inside :D

Your room is :bow::bow: So how's the progress today? Enjoy reading your 'live' update...

I thought can play bedminton :lol:

May,

Your mbr's really huge. 2 king side beds and 1/3 room for wardrobe, that's really a WOW WOW WOW!!!! :drunk:

somehow when i was there, it doesn't look at big. i also don't know how come the sqm seem quite big to fit in 2 king mattresses and a WIW. :unsure:

Marshy

Looks like both yours and May's 4-room unit are very spacious as compared to those new BTO flats of area <90m2. Newer flats in AMK is even smaller...4-room is only 85m2!!!

yea man... i think reglxt's boon keng estate has 4-room that are 85 sqm? and i think the Dawson development is even smaller.... 82 sqm or something like that~ :o

even same build-up area, for e.g. 30-yr-old Clementi 4-room and new Punggol 4-room both are ~90 sqm, but the new Punggol ones look smaller due to the "condo-like" layout~ :lol:

there are different type of 4 room. 4-S are the smallest, usually about 82-85sqm, 4NG is the medium type where its around 92sqm and 4-A is the biggest, about 100-110sqm. :)

D-A-M-N big can.. lol.. :D

it's twice the size of my MBR (5 x 3.5 = 17.5sqm)

even if i hacked my other 2 common rooms into one big room,

it's only (7.4 x 3.3 + 0.9 x 2.4) = 26.5sqm...

still nowhere near to yours lor... :P

csingeu, i think your calculation is wrong lah. how can a room be 0.9x2.4m? 0.9m is super narrow, only as big as a doorway....

The measurements of the floorplan is so askewed you can't rely on it. Even if it were true (by 1sqm!!), yours look MUCH bigger because you do not have the funny beams in the middle! I calculated mine again based on a surveyor's measurements, and it's only 32sqm!! *ENVIOUS*

And yes, I agree - the modern condos are so tight on space, which was a big reason why we chose a 25-yr-old apartment.

-Ely

ya, 1sqm doesn't make that much of a different... hehehe.... :P

Show off show off show off!!!!!!

Actually, no.. Our room is way tinier.. not sure the exact sq ft.. But it's definitely smaller.. I think at most also 200+ sq ft?

Your current place already has 2 king sized beds right? I really can't imagine how it'd look.. 2 king sized feels a bit too much imo.. You must be one of those persons who always falls off the bed.. :P

no leh, i never fall off the bed. usually its my bolster, my blanket and my pillows that fall off if the bed is not big enough.... hehehee...

and I am not showing off!!! 8|

csingeu, i think your calculation is wrong lah. how can a room be 0.9x2.4m? 0.9m is super narrow, only as big as a doorway....

eh.. it's correct...

you go look at my floor plan lor... LOL... the 0.9 x 2.4m area is the recessed portion of one of the bedrooms, which i'll having a built-in wardrobe. :P

RENOVATION DAY 10 - STRESSFUL DAY

I am not sure how tiles selections are done by you all. For me, i need to make sure the colour matches my overall theme and i will put through the tiles through "stress test". What i mean by "stress test"?? LOL :D

1) At the shop (soon bee huat / hafary), pour some water on top of the tile and use my feet to try to walk - to see whether slippery or not.

2) Those that are not slippery, take samples from the shop

2) pour oil, soya sauce (dark and light), ribena and whatever i can find in my kitchen

3) leave it overnight

4) use a cloth to wipe off the next day (gently, not scrubbing)

5) if it can come off easily, then can be considered for next test

6) use a marker and write on it

7) use another cloth and try to scrub it off with a little soap.

8) final test, use a little alcohol and rub on the tile. See whether the colour of the tiles will change

sound difficult? well, i don't know any other way to make sure the tiles are slippery, easily cleaned and will not lose colour.

After doing all these to 3 different tiles, i finally chosen the one for my living/dining/kitchen + bedrooms.

BUT GUESS WHAT?? The tiles was delivered today and its uneven!!! So the tiler told my contractor then he called me to go down to have a look urgently. Went to see and really, the tiles are uneven... some are U-shaped and some are n-shaped. hhmmm.... was not really angry but stressed out. So quickly went to SBH again to choose another tile.

This time, i only managed to do step 1... sob sob..... hopefully it will be ok!!!

eh.. it's correct...

you go look at my floor plan lor... LOL... the 0.9 x 2.4m area is the recessed portion of one of the bedrooms, which i'll having a built-in wardrobe. :P

oh its the recess area... i thought its another common room. :)

your tile selection process is so rigorous... i wonder if anyone else did the same...

and if i've read this b4 i chose mine... i might just follow your selection process..

LOL...