Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I did the same... I told contractor cos he will go tell the electrian but I think I will choose another. His pricing is so ex.

How much he charge? Not the estimate amt u told me? Exceed mine? Maybe u get others to quote and get your contractor to match the lowest quote?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
How much he charge? Not the estimate amt u told me? Exceed mine? Maybe u get others to quote and get your contractor to match the lowest quote?

did i tell you abt my estimated quote? i only got it abt 5plus just now.... nearly 4k loh so its more than yours but then less lightings than yours leh... sob sob.....

What are everyone's quotations on electrician's prices? So far, we've not discussed price with ours... he keeps saying "hard to calculate now". Am getting worried it would become some huge crazy bill!

Maydream: Your progress is awesome! It seems so much faster than mine! Funny that you're so much more meticulous when it comes to selecting wardrobe configurations - I had about 9 different options, picked 3 and modified all with Photoshop and emailed it to ID - about 5mins :lol:

Laminates and paint took about 3 hours, and we only planned electricial outlets onsite for about 2-3hrs. I think I'm either very decisive or nonchalent :lol: I always say "Okay, whatever, yeah do it that way" whereas The Husband will have on the thinking face and will ponder on it as if he's tackling a cure for cancer. It's funny how we both operate so differently yet work quite well together.

I'm looking forward to more pics of your reno progress!

-Ely

What are everyone's quotations on electrician's prices? So far, we've not discussed price with ours... he keeps saying "hard to calculate now". Am getting worried it would become some huge crazy bill!

Maydream: Your progress is awesome! It seems so much faster than mine! Funny that you're so much more meticulous when it comes to selecting wardrobe configurations - I had about 9 different options, picked 3 and modified all with Photoshop and emailed it to ID - about 5mins :lol:

Laminates and paint took about 3 hours, and we only planned electricial outlets onsite for about 2-3hrs. I think I'm either very decisive or nonchalent :lol: I always say "Okay, whatever, yeah do it that way" whereas The Husband will have on the thinking face and will ponder on it as if he's tackling a cure for cancer. It's funny how we both operate so differently yet work quite well together.

-Ely

Ely, i think i am very meticulous with selecting everything.... hehehehe.... even my tiles also took me 3 trips, remember?

maybe i do it the slowly way? photoshop might be done faster? hahaha... show us the pic of your wardrobe meh....

my electrical quote is abt $4k which i think its a bit too high....

i will go over tmr to have a look to see any progress since friday night or not.

SELECTING CURTAINS

Curtains is one of the last thing i need to choose. Initially wanted to call Mr Chew that has been recommended by a lot of forummers here. But my friend told me that to make appointment with him need about 2 weeks, i decided not to call him anymore. Then another friend recommended MGL curtains along lavender street. So, today, i gave myself 2 hours to go and select all needed before i go to do my weekly volunteer work.

When i reached at 12 noon, there were 2 lady inside the shop.... my guess was one is the lady boss and another is worker. Then i sat down to discuss all that i needed with the worker. I am not as patience to look through 500 samples, instead, i think i have only seen around 20-30 samples. Maybe because I only wanted certain type of curtains.... But i am glad that i choose all within the my estimated timing. :good:

Total costs including tracks, was about 20% more ex than in malaysia. but i still choose to buy here as its easier for me. No photos as small pieces of clothes won't be very obvious to show here. When its all done, then i will take photo. :P

oh... before i forgot, the lady also going to sew some cushion covers for me using the same materials as my curtains. The reason being material i chosen are more for full length curtains but as i have ledge near the windows, curtains are not able to be full length. So those extra materials, she will help me make into cushion covers. I guess that is extra for me? :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by May_dream1

did i tell you abt my estimated quote? i only got it abt 5plus just now.... nearly 4k loh so its more than yours but then less lightings than yours leh... sob sob.....

U whatsapp me that time mentioning that u only catered $2k for it so I'm curious how much it exceeded your budget. If u need my electrician's contact, whatapps me hor...

SELECTING CURTAINS

oh... before i forgot, the lady also going to sew some cushion covers for me using the same materials as my curtains. The reason being material i chosen are more for full length curtains but as i have ledge near the windows, curtains are not able to be full length. So those extra materials, she will help me make into cushion covers. I guess that is extra for me? :sport-smiley-004:

I also got two black cushions FOC from her... :D

U whatsapp me that time mentioning that u only catered $2k for it so I'm curious how much it exceeded your budget. If u need my electrician's contact, whatapps me hor...

thanks for your help... i will check out and see how it goes. my budget would be 3k now :(

I also got two black cushions FOC from her... :D

i use all curtains, no roller blinds so more extra materials to make into cushion covers.

Thanks, May! Kindly indicate which shop if you dun mind cos different shop different code. :)

hi emobebe, here is the pic of the code for the tile i chosen.

tilecode.jpg

Edited by May_dream1

hi emobebe, here is the pic of the code for the tile i chosen.

tilecode.jpg

Hey May,

Thanks for your effort for snapping up this tile photo! I know you are busy and I am sorry to burden you with this. Anyway, I am your fan. Always read up your post here....hehe :)

Emobebe

ELECTRICAL QUOTE & SCOPE OF WORK

Now that all tiling has been done, cement screed as well, what is the next step?

Platformscreed.jpg

1) Plastering started on Sat which i am glad.... suppose to start tomorrow. :)

2) City gas lay piping

3) plumbing?

4) Electrical

For now, my most headche is looking for a reasonable electrican to rewire the whole house..... but i have to quickly find or else my reno will be delayed.

The priving in most quotes i saw for electrical was similar except the one recommended by my contractor :(

What i needed:

1 single gang 13A switch

16 double gang 13A switch

15A aircon point

15A electric cooker/hob

36 Lighting points and installation of lights

SCV point

installation of ceiling fans

installation of remote control

installation of 2 way lighting (for living room light)

new DB board

quoted nearly $4k by my contractor's electrician. Need it to be cheaper.... :(

Edited by May_dream1

Hey May,

Thanks for your effort for snapping up this tile photo! I know you are busy and I am sorry to burden you with this. Anyway, I am your fan. Always read up your post here....hehe :)

Emobebe

no problem!!! i go there to look at the working going on so taking pic is just a simple job. :)

hmmm 4k sounds like can do a lot of things... :dunno: how many lighting points you have?

-Ely

i only spent 30 mins deciding all the electrical points, so your 3 hrs is considered quite long... hahaha... dun worry! it's good to think through carefully cos once everything is done, you can't regret anymore~ :)

your electrician is Ah Liang also? :)