Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

hmmm 4k sounds like can do a lot of things... :dunno: how many lighting points you have?

your electrician is Ah Liang also? :)

you see my post above... i put in all my requirement for my eletricals....

yup, both friends78 and marshy have same electrician. i realised when i saw both quotes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
1 person not considered fan club lah.... :P

well it has to start somewhere~ :lol:

yup, both friends78 and marshy have same electrician. i realised when i saw both quotes.

same contractor, same electrician...... :P

My hubbly just whatapps me that based on your requirements, he did a calculation and it's still $4k if we were to use the two quotes we forwarded to u... So not much difference leh... Think u ask your contractor to give u 20 % discount?

alamak... my eyes got stamps on didn't see your electrical list... LOL...

FYI, my electrician told us that it's better to get the ceiling fan shop to include installation instead of asking electrician to do. cos those pple do ceiling fan installation day in day out so better in doing balancing, but electricians don't do as often so skill wise maybe not as good~ ;)

My hubbly just whatapps me that based on your requirements, he did a calculation and it's still $4k if we were to use the two quotes we forwarded to u... So not much difference leh... Think u ask your contractor to give u 20 % discount?

never mind, i will try to get ask for comparison.... your hubby so nice. help me to calculate... hahahahaah.... tell him a big thank you from me

never mind, i will try to get ask for comparison.... your hubby so nice. help me to calculate... hahahahaah.... tell him a big thank you from me

Maybe he's also fan of yours too? :P No lah... he's the type who feels that it's better to use the electrician whom the contractor recommended if the charges is + or - 10%. Wait contractor point finger at the elctrician and electrician point back at contractor...additional stress for us as owners.... so he kaypo and did a calculation and whatapps me to inform u that yours also quite reasonable lah.. :)

Maybe he's also fan of yours too? :P No lah... he's the type who feels that it's better to use the electrician whom the contractor recommended if the charges is + or - 10%. Wait contractor point finger at the elctrician and electrician point back at contractor...additional stress for us as owners.... so he kaypo and did a calculation and whatapps me to inform u that yours also quite reasonable lah.. :)

ya i know.... its easier if recommended by contractor cos they get commission from the electrician too. but i think its a bit too much leh..... the electrician also not very good. got another friend use this electrican and tiles cracked..... :(

ya i know.... its easier if recommended by contractor cos they get commission from the electrician too. but i think its a bit too much leh..... the electrician also not very good. got another friend use this electrican and tiles cracked..... :(

if you are not comfortable with that electrician, how about asking your contractor to intro another one? usually they have contacts of a few electricians~

how did the tile get cracked?

if you are not comfortable with that electrician, how about asking your contractor to intro another one? usually they have contacts of a few electricians~

how did the tile get cracked?

tiles get cracked when he was drilling hole to put the plug.....

before i go to do my weekly volunteer work.

hi may

sorry, not related to reno, but mind if i ask what kind of voluntering u r doing? I am thinking of doing something with my girls, but don't really know where to start? Any suggestions?

+ 1 more . Can i be a fan of yr house too .... :) (cos inside got a lot of my photo :P)

supersimon27, you got to see what i did with the canvas print out.... its so wonderful.... will show tonight when i open all and place it nicely.

hi may

sorry, not related to reno, but mind if i ask what kind of voluntering u r doing? I am thinking of doing something with my girls, but don't really know where to start? Any suggestions?

froggy, my volunteer is related to my church. but if you want to start somewhere, you can contact any charity organisation you like to find out about their volunteer works. Its all depending on what type you are looking for... to help disabled, the deaf and mute, the elderly, the AIDS patients, children of convicts, etc etc.....

Ely, i think i am very meticulous with selecting everything.... hehehehe.... even my tiles also took me 3 trips, remember?

maybe i do it the slowly way? photoshop might be done faster? hahaha... show us the pic of your wardrobe meh....

my electrical quote is abt $4k which i think its a bit too high....

i will go over tmr to have a look to see any progress since friday night or not.

My electrician is below 3k for the entire place - 20 PLC lights, 3 halogen, abt 30 electricial points, track lights, (plus constant changes and additions), 20 T5 lights, installation of all lamps, switches. He's extremely easy to work with - he just says "okay, can" whenever I change my mind. It's quite funny really. Or else, they suggest how to group certain lights together when I'd completely forgotten about dimmers and didn't want to hack any more holes into the walls. They're extremely efficient too - they actually "found" wires that was otherwise concealed and for the points I thought I couldn't have, he'd tell me "oh, done already". Really a breeze to work with them, so I'm very grateful.

Here's my wardrobe configuration, minus the U-shaped shoe wardrobe - so effectively, I get only 5 doors *sniff*, The Husband gets 2, and the common bedroom another 2 doors (1800mm):

Mine:

5609830527_c275dcda64.jpg + U-shaped shoe cabinet

His:

5610408910_e1c68a9f0b.jpg

Common bedroom:

5610409080_8fddefa54a.jpg

-Ely