Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boyblunder

New Em Owner Tampines

Hi folks, just signed OTP and got the LOs and should be paying the 4k and book 1st appointment liao.

How do i go about preparing for the reno?

Anywhere i can get ideas for the reno?

Also hor, got budget constraint lor. So wats the best way to save on cost and probably u guys will know wats necessary to do and wats not.

kam sia for the advice in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi folks, just signed OTP and got the LOs and should be paying the 4k and book 1st appointment liao.

How do i go about preparing for the reno?

Anywhere i can get ideas for the reno?

Also hor, got budget constraint lor. So wats the best way to save on cost and probably u guys will know wats necessary to do and wats not.

kam sia for the advice in advance.

Hi,

The T-Blog forum is pretty good for ideas. You can see what others have done and what works and what doesn't.

I am doing a reno fairly cheaply but mainly because it is a very basic one. Have a look at my reno blog to get an idea. An easy recommendation though is that carpentry is very expensive. If you can only do what you must and buy separate wardrobes etc rather than built in.

Start your own reno blog and others will pop in offering suggestions and answering questions. See if you can view the apartment again and take some pictures to start you off.

Post in the EM owners thread in this forum.

Where about in Tampines are you staying. I am by Century Square. I knew of two other units around my set of blocks for sale and a new one recently came on the market at the 900 series of blocks.

RB

Hi,

The T-Blog forum is pretty good for ideas. You can see what others have done and what works and what doesn't.

I am doing a reno fairly cheaply but mainly because it is a very basic one. Have a look at my reno blog to get an idea. An easy recommendation though is that carpentry is very expensive. If you can only do what you must and buy separate wardrobes etc rather than built in.

Start your own reno blog and others will pop in offering suggestions and answering questions. See if you can view the apartment again and take some pictures to start you off.

Post in the EM owners thread in this forum.

Where about in Tampines are you staying. I am by Century Square. I knew of two other units around my set of blocks for sale and a new one recently came on the market at the 900 series of blocks.

RB

Hi,

If you haven't gotten your floor plan, I suggest you go to HDB website to purchase a soft-copy online ($5 via credit card and instantly email to your acct).

Click here to purchase floor plan from HDB

Armed with your floor plan, check out EXPO for any upcoming home decor fairs (usually there's abt 1 fair - spanning over 2 sundays - per month). Go ask some questions and let the IDs do the thinking for you. Hear from at least 3 different IDs (even the $$$ ones, sometimes, they have nice designs, just very $$$).

JUST DON'T SIGN UP ANYTHING IN YOUR FIRST TRIP!

With your soft-copy floorplan, you can also play ard with Floorplanner and see how you would like to do your space planning to your own lifestyle and needs.

After they have come back with the draft design and quotations, you prob would have a clearer idea what you want to achieve (cos they prob overload you with tons of info on materials and different project portfolios) and roughly how much it will cost. Sometimes, the IDs give free home decor magazines (like home and decor and squarerooms), because some of their projects are showcased inside. Very gd free source of reference.

And as mentioned by RimBlock, go read the T-blogs of fellow EM owners. I gathered a lot of info there.

Do plan your budget too (factor in electrical wiring, lightings, sanitary wares, electrical appliances, furniture, aircon, etc.). you will soon know how much you actually have left for renovation. then it will be a matter of balancing what's most impt right now, and what's nice to have.

I haven't confirmed my ID yet... coz my resale EM unit is in quite bad shape. And just doing basics, can be ard the range of $40K-50K.

hope you have a smooth renovation journey and gd luck!

Sigh.

Edited by csingeu