Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neeravks

Standard Practices Of Painters?

Hi,

I have recently bought a resale 3 rm flat. The flat is in very good condition, but i need to paint the entire house.

What all does the painter do?

Just get the paint and paint over the existing walls?

Or do they,

1) Apply POP (plaster of paris)

2) Level the whole wall to leave devoid of any lines / any cracks / any un evenness. basically make sure the wall is smoothened.

3) Then apply 2-3 coats of paint.

Is the above normal standard practice here?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I have recently bought a resale 3 rm flat. The flat is in very good condition, but i need to paint the entire house.

What all does the painter do?

Just get the paint and paint over the existing walls?

Or do they,

1) Apply POP (plaster of paris)

2) Level the whole wall to leave devoid of any lines / any cracks / any un evenness. basically make sure the wall is smoothened.

3) Then apply 2-3 coats of paint.

Is the above normal standard practice here?

nobody reply...cmon guys...nobody engaged painters directly before?

they will just putty up any holes and paint maxlite paint as base.

u will not get any sealer as this is additional costs.

Then paint your choice of paint.

2 or 3 coats, no one will know unless u go down n watch them paint. Most likely they will stop painting once the colour "eats".

slight cracks may be covered by the paint but will eventually show up la... need to putty up but most painters are "blind" one.

any uneven wall will still be uneven after painting if you do not plaster. Painting is seperate matter and cost all together.

in truth, no standard practice la...everyone has their way of cutting corners like cheating on paint, its just like any other industry where they all got their own secret way of making more $$.

Please make sure they cover up your furniture and stuff properly. My heater was painted during the painting process.

Good luck!

The following individual is a scam artist. Stay away from him and his crappy painter.

Kerrick Ang - mobile number 98477370 also known as Fix It ( Reg. No. 53193032) is a scammer. His useless painter will dirty your walls with dirty paint brushes and dirty rollers. Instead of clean walls, you'll have dirty walls.

The painter will ruin your parquet floors with wall putty, and spray paint all over your furniture.

Stay away from this CHEAT and LIAR known as Kerrick Ang - mobile number 98477370.