Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
archenemy

Japanese Bedroom Concept

i remember watching some programme where they had this raised flooring system for the bedroom....

every "cube" has a purpose...some are for storage..some can be lifted, turned 90 degrees, put back into the hole and it instantly becomes a table.

i have been looking for info on such flooring systems and found no info on it...

anyone has such a system for the bedroom?

i intend to do it for my coming home...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi archenemy

The patent one is here, at the following link, but i know some get carpenters to do up something similar as well....

http://www.designtray.com/product.htm

I have this at my place, if you are keen I can sell u my set, mines include the square table.. happy browsing!

Exactly the thing im looking for!

Thanks for your offer of selling me your set..but my house is not even ready yet! Haha...

By the way, can share roughly how much u bought yours for? Was it for your bedroom? Living room?

Hey! Not bad! Can save alot of space!

Yeah...in space challenged singapore..where people live in pigeon holes..we need to learn how to maximise space...

This is 1 of the concepts that i think is very useful to make use of dead space...which is the vertical space between the floor and the ceiling...

This allows us to put bulky items like bedsheets and things which we may not use often like travel bags and such away from our wardrobe..giving us more space to utilise our precious wardrobe for the things we use more frequently...

Edited by archenemy

very interesting!

But would this be approved by HDB? :unsure:

They have a certain threshold for "weight & stress" guidelines.

I was just wondering what happens when somebody really heavy weight comes up onto the platform & sat on it! Referring to the raised platform for living room, not bed room.

Edited by edenstrauss

I wanted to have something similar too.

My fren had this systema thing installed in her living room as a "social corner" that allows storage. But it turns out that the wood gets scratched easily. First month moved in, her bro's jeans left a long mark at the side. So now it's purely for storage and "decor".

Was exploring The Tatami Shop at Katong, which will help u install a custom made raised platform (with or without storage both available) with tatami mats laid on top. Asked for a quotation from them for a plain platform with tatami mats (2.4mx2.5m) and was quoted $5875. Kind of expensive imo and I'm sure the platform with storage below is gonna cost more. Still considering.... :unsure:

I wanted to have something similar too.

My fren had this systema thing installed in her living room as a "social corner" that allows storage. But it turns out that the wood gets scratched easily. First month moved in, her bro's jeans left a long mark at the side. So now it's purely for storage and "decor".

Was exploring The Tatami Shop at Katong, which will help u install a custom made raised platform (with or without storage both available) with tatami mats laid on top. Asked for a quotation from them for a plain platform with tatami mats (2.4mx2.5m) and was quoted $5875. Kind of expensive imo and I'm sure the platform with storage below is gonna cost more. Still considering.... :unsure:

maybe you can ask yoour friend to try lacquer the thing or something?

the tatami shop also does something like that? maybe i shall go and have a look 1 day..

that designtray dont seem to be keen to do business...email them..no reply..call them...no pick up...sigh...

maybe you can ask yoour friend to try lacquer the thing or something?

the tatami shop also does something like that? maybe i shall go and have a look 1 day..

that designtray dont seem to be keen to do business...email them..no reply..call them...no pick up...sigh...

Hey i think not that true, i am infact meeting them this sunday at their showroom in marina square, I find them very good and nice ppl. They also offered some fengshui advice to my floorplan and offfered a lot of space planning for my house which i am very happy with.

In fact most of the space planning i adopted their recommendations hehe.. just pop by their show room but they are not cheap.. at least to me.. but is cheaper than the tatami shop hehe

Hope it helps