Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
archenemy

Japanese Bedroom Concept

i am also looking for something like that to go with my tatami, does anyone know how much will a standard bed frame size storage cost? tatami shop pricing is quite ex for customisation

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i am also looking for something like that to go with my tatami, does anyone know how much will a standard bed frame size storage cost? tatami shop pricing is quite ex for customisation

according to ugene512, its about $50 per sqft.

Hey Asterisk, can you let me know where you are getting your tatami from? I need to buy as well and would appreciate it if you can share some contacts.

Cheers

Maximus

if you guys are interested to get someone to customise the whole item.. feel free to actually pm me or email me.. let me advise you in how to go about doing it as there is actually a few things to take note.

cheers

Any bros out there, have any other similar contacts for this.. ? Maybe in plywood and laminate finish??

Edited by ugene512

i have been to the showroom at marina square..and i am impressed.

they use solid rubber wood and the build quality is excellent.

asked for the quote from the lady and was quoted abt $5k+ for the master bedroom.

will be seriously considering the offer..

wonder if anyone has any contacts to make this using solid wood instead of using plywood. most contractors i have asked use solid plywood.

Any bros out there, have any other similar contacts for this.. ? Maybe in plywood and laminate finish??

hi bro...most contractors i asked does it in solid plywood with laminate..

have you asked your designer/contractor?

hi bro...most contractors i asked does it in solid plywood with laminate..

have you asked your designer/contractor?

Yup, but the quote was very high too.. I am very inclined in getting from them too just that.. the problem is with the solid wood very hard to maintain!!! any scratched will be very visible and hard to rectify ... If laminates were used they are at least scratch proof or resistant.

Yup, but the quote was very high too.. I am very inclined in getting from them too just that.. the problem is with the solid wood very hard to maintain!!! any scratched will be very visible and hard to rectify ... If laminates were used they are at least scratch proof or resistant.

is it? how much contractors quoted you?

i was quoted abt $30-$35 per sq ft by contractors using solid plywood and laminates...

i was quoted abt $30-$35 per sq ft by contractors using solid plywood and laminates...

that is considered cheap.. mine quote me at about 50-55 with internal, external and ABS triming. it comes with slowclose..

Which contractor? are they able to replicate the exact ???

that is considered cheap.. mine quote me at about 50-55 with internal, external and ABS triming. it comes with slowclose..

Which contractor? are they able to replicate the exact ???

almost all the contractors i asked seem to be able to do it...with laminate finish and internal white pvc..

if they quote you $50-$55 per sq ft...might as well let systemind do!

theirs is a 60cm x 60cm module, which is 1.97ft x 1.97ft = 3.88sqft...

3.88 sqft costs $160 at systemind..which is only $41.23 per sqft!

ask the contractor go fly kite! solid rubber wood cost lesser than their laminate!

can I get your contractor contact for this? I am also waiting from systemind quote. would like to compare

wahahahah ya ... anyway i have intended to let system mind do my bed room hahaha

nice!

i have given them my exact room dimensions..if not too far off the initial quote..i will probably get them to do it also...

There are so many good and talented carpenter who definately know this coz they have done this several time for many families so contact them and hire them for you. Uses their experience coz it matter lots and they only know that what type and how is to be done , where is to be done etc..coz they are masters in this field.

easier said than done bro/sis...

how we know whether they have done this before? if you ask them...they surely will say "yeah..do before lah!"

i think the material is of utmost importance here..

all the people i asked all say solid plywood can lah! when i told them i wanted solid wood..they tell me "never do that before leh..." and start to try convince me that solid plywood can...

didnt want to waste anymore time trying to find someone who was able to do it with solid wood....so i just went with systemind..confirm they are the masters!