Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csingeu

Our Lil Paradise

life is not prefect. Maybe by the time the COV dropped, valuation goes up. in the end, still the same amount you have to pay, just less cash but more loan.

I am paying more cov for my 4A than you, so yours is definitely more worth it (if its any consolation to you hehehe.... :drunk::D )

i got so many recommendations from friends and colleagues too. i think i talked to more than 10 IDs/contractors. tried some through here and tried some from recommendation. i think i will most probably go with the one my friend did 3 years ago cos she gave me very good feedback and his price are abt 10k cheaper than the rest of the other quotes i received.

Hi May_dream1,

able to PM the contact and company and quotation, if possible? :)

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi and thanks!

Looking at your profile pic, I think we've met before @ salsa events. :)

!! Wait... are you from 2lf? If I follow your username... I think I've danced with you once before... in the old Union?

!! Wait... are you from 2lf? If I follow your username... I think I've danced with you once before... in the old Union?

LOL :P yeah...

I'm from 2lf...

I think I'm more remembered as the zz -faced guy...

Our Preferred Layout (to be finalized) - Part 1/5

preferred%20floorplan%201.jpg

Main Entrance & Recess Area

1. Main grilles to be hacked and relocated outside of recess area

2. Main door to be replaced

Foyer

1. To have a shoe cabinet cum settee.

foyer%20settee%201.gif

IKEA LACK shelf hack... but may not be sturdy enough for me... :(

Utility/Storage

1. To be used as storeroom for now (coz no budget to do up)

2. Just re-tiling and painting

Dining Area

1. To place 6-seater dining table

dining%201.jpg

Staircase area

1. Re-varnish parquet flooring of staircase

2. Replace handle part of the handrails

3. Construct gypsum partition under staircase to be used as a storage area (spare folding chairs, vacuum cleaner, etc)

4. Put up photos along the stairway (like a mini gallery)

staircase%201.jpg

Edited by csingeu

Our Preferred Layout (to be finalized) - Part 2/5

Living Room

1. To place 4-seater sofa + chaise (2.4m - 2.8m)

2. Simple TV console (maybe IKEA Expedit hacks) + wall-mounted TV

3. IKEA Expedit shelves beside the staircase

4. Some plants beside the TV console area

living%20room%201.jpg

Loves this! The kind of feel I hope to achieve :)

Courtesy of Reiki Sanctuary

living%20room%202.jpg

living%20room%203.jpg

Balcony

1. Currently unsheltered; intending to keep it open and have outdoor feel

2. Wanted to have outdoor wood decking (chengal wood); but too $$$ + maintenance may be an issue

3. Hack sliding door and replace with collapsible doors

4. Intends to have sandstone-type wall tiles

5. Would like to do some outdoor BBQ using electric grills :P

balcony%201.jpg

balcony%202.jpg

Edited by csingeu

what an interesting write-up.

i bet your final house will look as good as your reference books.

as long the house is not a financial burden to you then go ahead, we cannot change what things had happened but we can change ourselves :)

Our Preferred Layout (to be finalized) - Part 3/5

Kitchen

1. Refer to preferred layout and also the attached pics - it's almost exactly how I want it to be

2. Color scheme - looking at white-based laminate for the top cabinets; dark wood laminate for the bottom cabinets; white-based solid surface; cyan coloured sprayed glass backing

kitchen%201.jpg

kitchen%202.jpg

kitchen%203.jpg

kitchen%204.jpg

First 4 pics - Courtesy of HC Interior (EM @ Bukit Batok)

kitchen%205.jpg

Colour scheme similar to this but with white-based laminate for top cabinet and also cyan coloured sprayed glass backing

Wash Area

1. To relocate entrance of wash area

2. Construct a shower area (half-height partition wall with glass panel on top, shower kerb)

3. Construct WC and install corner basin at half-height partition

Edited by csingeu

Our Preferred Layout (to be finalized) - Part 4/5

Master Bedroom

1. Want to be able to watch TV from bed or from working desk behind the bed

2. Want to have king-sized bed

3. Want to have wall-mounted TV

4. Want to have built-in wardrobe

MBR%201.jpg

Idea is similar to this.

MBR%202.jpg

Likely to source for COTS products from Ikea (though I know their tables sux... I'm using it now; and the centre portion is warped under the weight... zzz) or V-Hive or other places

Bedroom 2 (Guest Room)

1. Want to have queen-sized bed

2. Want to have built-in wardrobe

guestroom%201.jpg

Thought this is pretty cool. Can double up as study room most of the time; and when guests are ard, can still convert to guestroom

WTB thinks I'm siao... :bleah:

Bedroom 3

1. Intend to make it the study room or games/entertainment room

2. Next time, can convert to children's rm; but decided to just leave it empty and squeeze the study/work desk in the MBR instead.

3. Anyway, out of budget, and no immediate need; so yeah... :dunno:

Edited by csingeu

Our Preferred Layout (to be finalized) - Part 5/5

Toilets

1. Shower area with shower screen

2. Rain shower will be a bonus (though not very keen on having a storage heater; think don't have storage heater, the pressure not enough for rain shower)

3. Vanity top is prob a must (for vain people, LOL... not me... :P)

4. Some air-purifying plants will be gd

5. Want to install ventilation fans too; hopefully will keep the toilets drier; but WTB thinks it's useless and waste of money (she says "you think it's office toilets ah?" LOL)

bathroom%201.png

This would only happen in my dreams (coz no space and no money to do this... LOL)

bathroom%202.jpg

Courtesy of thirdrockdweller

The wood decking for the shower area really gives a very cosy resorty feel, but i wonder abt the durability of the decking and also the maintenance (cleaning the dirt/hair/etc underneath it)

bathroom%203.jpg

Woah! Loves the bamboo ladder cum towel holder. Reminds me of the gd times in Bali and Koh Samui. :D

bathroom%204.JPG

Courtesy of Banned

Very hotel-like. Loves the stone wall feature. :D

bathroom%205.jpg

This looks good too. Nice and functional. :good:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the pics I've posted here are from this forum or from magazines or ID websites. I've downloaded them for my own reference earlier and did not take down the source.

But I would like to acknowledge the source of these pics, hence if any of you see your pics here, pls let me know I'll add the acknowledgement to you and link to your t-blog.

That's all for now. Took 1 day off today. Going to school in the early morning to work on my final year project. :(

Edited by csingeu

Congrats!

Wifey and I were looking at your area sometime in 1st quarter 2010, asking price were astronomical already then. Some agents were even setting up mobile offices there to sell the EMs. Once they see u clutching the classifieds, they would start their hard sell.

Same reasons as you stated; near parents, good schools, amenities..... We ended up getting an EM in Toh Guan area. I was from Rulang, and my former teacher told me that my kids will definitely get a good chance to enroll there in future.

Good luck, and enjoy your upcoming renovation!

Toh Guan is quite a gd place too. Nearer to Jurong East. With the upcoming Jurong Lake District development, JE may become more happening within the next 5 yrs (hopefully). :)

How much was your renovation?

Any pics to share?

Congrats on your EM....

Looks like what i am having for mine but i am in hougang area..

Good luck on your reno....

Hougang EMs seems like a gd catch too, huh?

You have completed your renovation? Any pics to share? :P

oh... i see i see :D

your side... quite a lot of primary schools leh. ;)

Yeah! LOL... my agent actually told me that Rulang is like one of the top primary schools (maybe in the West area)...

but I'm ok with sending my children to Shuqun next time, since I'm an alumni there, plus it's only downstairs. the children can afford to wake up late and still make it in time for sch. :P

More imptly, it's that it's relatively nearer to the Lakeside MRT, compared to my current location (which I'll usually take a feeder bus - about 3 bus stops - to Lakeside MRT).

From the new place, I can just walk to the station (it's ard 1 bus stop away).

Cos I'm not owning a car now... and with the COE prices rocket-high and me really broke after getting the flat, doing the renovation and preparing for wedding next yr, I don't think I can afford a car anytime soon.

Will be taking the train for some time... :(

Edited by csingeu

LOL :P yeah...

I'm from 2lf...

I think I'm more remembered as the zz -faced guy...

Hahah no leh, I don't remember you as the zz-faced guy... remember you mostly as one of Ling's friends...

Foyer

1. To have a shoe cabinet cum settee.

foyer%20settee%201.gif

IKEA LACK shelf hack... but may not be sturdy enough for me... :(

I'm currently using the LACK shelf as my shoe-wearing bench. Okay la, it's not super-sturdy, but I think it should be good for a while yet. It's a bit prone to sagging over time (particleboard, what to do), but I think that can be countered by flipping it over from time to time, so that one side doesn't get overused (over-sat-on?), which means that unlike the picture, cannot install the legs... then again, having the legs as in the picture would increase the pressure/sq inch when you sit on it, so just as well I guess...

Very convenient to put shoes in the little cubby holes though :P