Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hafiizh

How Small Is 92sqm?

akkywendy >> np, always happy to help :)

coachjoe >> cool la, i also have a friend in damai and a colleague across the road in treelodge.

Guess u will have more frens/colleagues living near u soon as more n more people moving in here. I have at least 1 fren in all the new cluster in Punggol! 3 at my cluster!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
thks rat!

yup to confirm - I had to hire a PE for my kitchen walls hacking

the contractor sent in an application to hack -> hdb revert to say need PE -contractor resent -> application approved + $500

but not all walls require a QP/PE. only selected walls - cos let's say if I am hacking just the bedroom wall your contractor needs to apply for permit but no need QP/PE.

in summary - u need QP/PE sometimes but not all the time. so if not sure, budget for it....

Actually if im not wrong, your kitchen wall is not load bearing wall which means its just a brick wall, wonder why hdb still need PE for it. Really a waste of consumer's $$...

insane >> yup i can just imagine i will bump into more and more friends from my generation in punggol hahaha

waikwok >> i also think so but what to do....

Day 47

11%201:07:38%20AM.jpg

Tiling Completion : (top) close up shot of the entrance into our home; (bottom left) before: gaps between tiles and the wall; (bottom right) after: the tiled skirting like those commonly found nowadays.

11%201:07:59%20AM.jpg

Tiled kitchen bases : (top left) fridge and sink base; (top right) washing machine base for the service yard; (bottom) tiles demarcate where the kitchen ends and the living areas begin.

Edited by hafiizh

Day 59

11%2012:21:54%20AM.jpg

False ceilings to hide the aircon trunking: (Clockwise from top left) the aircon piping for the living room; the view from the living room window; the new location of the bedroom aircon; the ugly trunking that runs through into the master bathroom and out.

11%2012:22:43%20AM.jpg

False walls : (left) viewed from the corridor, the second bedroom door has been walled up; (top right) before : the wall where the headboard is to be and (middle right) after : leveled with a false wall; view of the false walls from inside the bedroom.

11%2011:26:23%20PM.jpg

Day 60 – Parquet Installation : (Clockwise from top left) workers installing the parquet floors; the division between the two bedrooms can barely be seen anymore; the area where the bed will go; the boxes of teak flooring used.

11%2011:27:12%20PM.jpg

Day 62 – paintwork : (left) the purple walls turned the grey ceiling a wonderful shade of lilac; (top right) the painters’ equipment; (bottom right) Hafiizh examining the ceiling paint work.

Hi all,

reno's been going full steam. here are more updates!

Again, full story on my blog. if you haven't checked it out, here's what you've missed :)

11%2010:20:59%20PM.jpg

11%2010:20:29%20PM.jpg

11%208:43:30%20PM.jpg

11%208:44:07%20PM.jpg

Hi, I love the way you are doing your Tblog. It's creative, cute n very informative of your reno progress!

I am new to this forum and will be getting my keys to Damai Grove this yr. My layout is similar to yours and am thinking of hacking down just one wall btw the MBR and the next room and the whole of the kitchen wall to do an open concept kitchen. Could you advice if it is expensive to hack down the walls? Hope to hear from you soon! =)

I love the way you do your T-Blog. Very creative and very impressive......

May I know how much you spend for your reno? You engaged a contractor or ID?

kenjo >>

thanks! actually if u noticed it was more personal in the beginning, but as the renovation wore on i got more and more busy so I had no time to do the writeups. good news for all of you, no need to endure my handwriting! :)

i always welcome people to join me in hacking down hdb walls!

hacking the kitchen walls and make good - $800

hacking wall between master and bedroom 2 - $300

usually your haulage fees would increase but please try and make noise and he should bring it down.

sounds cheap but then some people say there is added cost to put up the walls again if you intend to sell. my answer to that is 1. my wife insists she never wants to move and 2. if you can find a buyer that actually likes the wall hacked and is willing to accept the unit as-is, then there won't be a need to build up the walls again.

emobebe >>

my starting quote was about $22k + $10k for kitchen. currently it is closer to $30k + $12k because i added many many things to the initial quote and the kitchen has something special in mind. look out for that!

i engaged room for ideas for the renovation and carpentry, classic furniture to do up the kitchen.

Day 47

11%201:07:59%20AM.jpg

Tiled kitchen bases : (top left) fridge and sink base; (top right) washing machine base for the service yard; (bottom) tiles demarcate where the kitchen ends and the living areas begin.

Is that a kitchen island that I spy?? :dribble:

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to more updates from you and the completion of your place! =)

kenjo >>

thanks! actually if u noticed it was more personal in the beginning, but as the renovation wore on i got more and more busy so I had no time to do the writeups. good news for all of you, no need to endure my handwriting! :)

i always welcome people to join me in hacking down hdb walls!

hacking the kitchen walls and make good - $800

hacking wall between master and bedroom 2 - $300

usually your haulage fees would increase but please try and make noise and he should bring it down.

sounds cheap but then some people say there is added cost to put up the walls again if you intend to sell. my answer to that is 1. my wife insists she never wants to move and 2. if you can find a buyer that actually likes the wall hacked and is willing to accept the unit as-is, then there won't be a need to build up the walls again.

emobebe >>

my starting quote was about $22k + $10k for kitchen. currently it is closer to $30k + $12k because i added many many things to the initial quote and the kitchen has something special in mind. look out for that!

i engaged room for ideas for the renovation and carpentry, classic furniture to do up the kitchen.

yuene >> yup! hahaha it's always been my dream to have one. but it's more of a mini-island :)

rickoveron >> yup, it's a gift from our parents and they insisted we take them

kenjo >> yup, we are eager too!

diva79 >> thanks, at last someone appreciates my handwriting! hahaha it's done on the ipad using noteshelf