Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clara

Toto Or Duravit Wc?

Hi

Just saw the Duravit D-code (toilet bowl with cistern) and understand that it is the entry level WC for Duravit. Sales person said that it also used the Gerberit flushing system and also made in Germany. I mean, if it really last a long time without problems (as what the sales person said) then may be worth paying for it. Otherwise, I will just go for Johnson Suisse.I was just wondering if anyone has used this brand before and whether the spare parts are easily available.

Does Toto also has a similar entry level WC ? Saw a number at Home and Batroom at balestier and they said its made in Indonesia but not sure if those are comparable to Duravit ones cos' price differential is a lot!

THANKS.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi clara,

Of late, I did my own fair share of research on WC becox I'm in the midst of changing my existing WC (potex) from HDB.

I believe that both TOTO and Duravit are premium WCs becox they are supposedly imported brands.

U might want to check with Geberit South East Asia head-quartered here in Singapore - to confirm with them if these 2 brands of Geberit mechanism are officially supplied by Geberit S.E.A. They ought to be.

For Duravit, u could approach Econflo at their beach road showroom. This is a reputable supplier for Duravit & check out their pricing too becox they do projects & might be able to offer u at a reasonable pricing if u r interested.

As for TOTO, their WC should be made in China. I noticed that many commercial buildings, including government buildings, use TOTO sanitary ware. Maybe it's more lasting??

If I didn't recall wrongly, Duravit is imported from Europe, not China. But u need to confirm this with reputable suppliers who know their stuff well.

There are also other ABC brands, who use Geberit mechanism but with WC made in China. As lowly priced as $200+... Duravit can easily cost you more than $2k depending on the designs.

The warranty for flushing mechanism should be a standard 1 year. Not sure if Toto & Duravit provides u extended warranty. U need to check with their agents on the cost for replacing their flushing mechanisms.

I was quoted $100-150 for Geberit flushing mechanism, excluding plumbing services. Some showrooms quoted $80...

I've been really worried myself about the chances of faulty flushing with Geberit after jux 2-3 years. Then I would end up spending $$ replacing mechanisms.

Disclaimer :

Comments written as per this thread are meant for sharing, not recommending or endorsing any shop or brands. Please use your own discretion in validating my suggestion & purchase at your own risk as I cannot be responsible for the outcome of your decision!

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi

Thks for your reply. Just went down to toto showroom and was told that for the one-pc and closed coupled WC, all made in Indonesia and come with Geberit flushing mechanism. Only the high end ones are from Japan.

Do you happen to know which supplier for Toto and Johnson Suisse has a more competitive pricing? So many shops selling such stuff and really got no time to chk around?

Thank you.

Sorry, nope I had no idea becox I didn't do much indepth research on suppliers for these high-end brands as I'm going more for the cheaper to average priced ones.

Hiya.. I recognise TOTO from Indonesia. It's quite famous and durable. But seems like the price become so high after they export to singapore. Any of you manage to get the best price for TOTO? Hope you can share with me? Thanks a lot...

And btw, I once check with ADAMAS Jalan Besar and the sales girl quote me 1k+ for a TOTO. Is it the market price for this product?

$1k for TOTO is quite ex. How about the other wc brands like Oxo, Ideal Standard and Lauren? Can we get these for around $350 each?