Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ely1

The Best Journey Always Leads Us Home

Didn't take photo of the kitchen island lamp?? I am still thinking whether to change my lamp or not if I can find something nicer. :)

Didn't dare to take photo! Isn't that usually frowned upon?

Was thinking of going to compare prices at some of the lighting shops recommended here: like lightings.com.sg, Chan Huat, Nan Wah, Dream Lights, Lightcraft and Edison Lighting. These are the good cheap ones right? If I can't find the same one, I'll go back to that shop (can't remember the name now, but it cost $980 after discount). Another carried the replica Moooi Chandelier I've loved for ages - want it for my bedroom (the original uses paper - this one uses wood, and goes for $800).

paper-chandelier.jpg

We only have a few feature lamps since we're using a lot of downlights so I'll like the kitchen island's light to be a statement piece. Then, purely for the whimisical princess in me, I'll like a glamourous light for the walk-in-wardrobe (sequins, or silver mesh), and a gorgeous piece above the bed, and a tiny black chandelier in the Master Bathroom. A standing lamp in the living room would also be nice.

Will be using the Big Cubb table lamp for the balcony, accompanied by water feature light and another floor textured lamp, as there would be a fan overhead and I want the lights concentrated at the floor level.

May, what's your kitchen island lamp like??

-Ely

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Newest eBay purchase: Fog-free mirror with clock and led lights, (perfect for shaving and removing makeup!), complete with razor stand! Am planning to mount it within the recess.

31Mlmr4qyaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

-Ely

this is really cool :D

Ely, I like the common bathroom Bravat sink :)

Thanks Kobelala, it's pretty reasonably priced at $122.50 after discount! :)

-Ely

Have made my picks of blu-ray concerts:

140.jpg

Chris Botti - In Boston:-

Full 1080/24p High Definition Picture

Dolby TrueHD 7.1/5.1 Surround (96 kHz/24 bit)

Includes Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround (640 kbps)

PCM (uncompressed) Stereo (48 kHz/24 bit)

i like chris botti too :D

this is really cool :D

Ha, reglxt! Was going to use one with iPod wireless transmitter and LED display, but the reviews are universally negative (practically not fog-free at all!) and the dimensions didn't fit my recess, oh well.

41rNnSmY9aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Decided what's more important in a shower mirror is a clock (cos I'm always running late, or so I know how long more to leave the hair mask on) and lighted. Will use an iPod dock in the bathroom instead for music ;)

-Ely

oh my u just stirred up my online shopping fetish! anyone used EZPZ before for bulk shipping? i really like the stuff from zgallerie

Join the club! It's taking all my will to stop browsing the site! /repeats mantra "will...not...click..."

-Ely

Ha, reglxt! Was going to use one with iPod wireless transmitter and LED display, but the reviews are universally negative (practically not fog-free at all!) and the dimensions didn't fit my recess, oh well.

41rNnSmY9aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Decided what's more important in a shower mirror is a clock (cos I'm always running late, or so I know how long more to leave the hair mask on) and lighted. Will use an iPod dock in the bathroom instead for music ;)

-Ely

but but.. the one with ipod wireless transmitter is way too cool.. can listen to smooth jazz while taking a long shower.. thats really nice imo :D

Didn't dare to take photo! Isn't that usually frowned upon?

Was thinking of going to compare prices at some of the lighting shops recommended here: like lightings.com.sg, Chan Huat, Nan Wah, Dream Lights, Lightcraft and Edison Lighting. These are the good cheap ones right? If I can't find the same one, I'll go back to that shop (can't remember the name now, but it cost $980 after discount). Another carried the replica Moooi Chandelier I've loved for ages - want it for my bedroom (the original uses paper - this one uses wood, and goes for $800).

May, what's your kitchen island lamp like??

-Ely

Ely, i don't really care. i just take photos if i am thinking of whether i want to buy that or not. at least i can look at it and see whether its suitable or not.

I bought 1 cosy corner light from Chan Huat. THe price is not bad at all.... hehehehe.....i went there twice but always forget to take photo. hahahaahha... but my kitchen island lamp is posted on my t-blog. but its in the middle of don't know which pages... let me go find then let you know again.

but but.. the one with ipod wireless transmitter is way too cool.. can listen to smooth jazz while taking a long shower.. thats really nice imo :D

I know!! I was willing to forgo *some* features, but not ALL! The reviews were really consistently bad - everyone reported that the transmission is close to impossible - if you use the mirror, the music cannot be turned on, and vice versa. The music apparently doesn't sound like music at all, apart from weird rhythmic static noise as it's super sensitive to any form of interference (your body moving is one and I'd imagine it's hard to stay completely still while in the shower). The mirror also fogs, terribly. Users sent in pictures of their fogged fogless mirrors~ It's also too heavy to stay mounted and keeps falling off, so I finally listened to the voice of reason and tearfully took it off my wishlist. No point buying it for all the features when none of them work :(

If you're interested, there's one going for cheap on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sharper-Image-fog-free...=item3a6466af49

There's at least two redeeming reviews on Amazon :)

I'll just have to contend myself with the Zadro I got for cheap at US$19:

41QCQRPAXWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

-Ely

I know!! I was willing to forgo *some* features, but not ALL! The reviews were really consistently bad - everyone reported that the transmission is close to impossible - if you use the mirror, the music cannot be turned on, and vice versa. The music apparently doesn't sound like music at all, apart from weird rhythmic static noise as it's super sensitive to any form of interference (your body moving is one and I'd imagine it's hard to stay completely still while in the shower). The mirror also fogs, terribly. Users sent in pictures of their fogged fogless mirrors~ It's also too heavy to stay mounted and keeps falling off, so I finally listened to the voice of reason and tearfully took it off my wishlist. No point buying it for all the features when none of them work :(

If you're interested, there's one going for cheap on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sharper-Image-fog-free...=item3a6466af49

There's at least two redeeming reviews on Amazon :)

I'll just have to contend myself with the Zadro I got for cheap at US$19:

41QCQRPAXWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

-Ely

thks ely for the info

why dont you get one yamaha ipod dock then + the mirror? :D

i got one myself :D hehehe

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-TSX-70BR-Desk...234&sr=8-13

Edited by reglxt

Ha! You tickle me, ne0. Online tupperware...

Already got lecture from The Husband about buying crap online :/ Yet he didn't see me frown when he lugged that monstrous sub into my house! *humph* I'm now threatening that if we don't buy the Brawny Cat scratcher bed, the cat will use his sub as its scratch post - it's simply too conducive - floorstanding, cylinder, great material. Would most likely climb it too, and sit right on top. So there!

Looks like we've got lots in common - planning the reno and the wedding etc, and hearing that your photo booth was a blast is great reassurance. We're afraid that people might be too shy and we don't want to use cheesy props.

seriously though, while shopping on comgateway for my wife's bags previously, i did comtemplate getting some nicer tupperware from Kohler in!

careful, it could be the case of either the monstrous sub stays or the cat goes. haha

yea, the crowd must be open to the idea. and ours are typical chinese familes. so glad that our friends really participated!

on the contrary, props help! we had diy fake moustaches, cheesy geeky eye frames, party noses. ha!

jus make sure the camera settings and the lightings work for you.

Anyway.

SANITARY WARE - WHEE! ONE MORE OFF THE LIST /pats on back

Got our bathroom sinks from Ideal Bathroom:

Master (Bravat & Ideal Standard - we couldn't do wall hung :( ):

mutsuo2282-img200x131-1260790985k2gchv84

ideal-standard-tonic1_4cd90d0a50193.jpg

Common Bathroom (both Bravat):

C22115XW(L).jpg

C2157W.jpg

Also got all our sink mixers and dry kitchen faucet, bidet sprays, pop up waste traps etc from Living Phenomenon. Yay!

While walking the stretch, we think we've found The kitchen island light as well as The Bedroom hanging chandelier and silver mesh pendant for the walk-in-wardrobe!! There were cheap 52" fans for $108 nett too. Would probably need to recce more places before we make the final purchase, but The Kitchen Island lamp is going to be hard to beat ;)

Now onto ventilator fans zzz

-Ely

jus take note if your sinks are shallow, they tend to spill out very easily which is exactly what happens in my case.

but otherwise, great selections there!

my research at the shops are as follows; lightings.com.sg, Chan Huat, Lightcraft and A Lighting Enterprise.

in the end we bought from Lightcraft for our dining light, and the rest from A Lighting Enterprise including our very hard to find stainless steel look alike ceiling fan

Thanks Kobelala, it's pretty reasonably priced at $122.50 after discount! :)

-Ely

Hey, that's reasonable.... They look like those sink that cost over $500 bucks... Hmmm.... don't mind if I have the same sink Ely :P ?

Hey, that's reasonable.... They look like those sink that cost over $500 bucks... Hmmm.... don't mind if I have the same sink Ely :P ?

No problem Kobelala :) Just know that there's a 30% discount only if you purchase an item each from 3 different categories. However, this can simply be a $20 hook mounted behind a door, as long as it's under the Bravat series (for us, we picked a toilet, a sink and a silly toilet roll holder). Look for Gloria - she'll make exceptions for you and extend it to Ideal Standard purchases too, and also throw in lots of freebies (free soft closing, free pvc bottle traps etc). She's extremely knowledgeable and very easy to work with! She'll also show you some different ones - there's one cheaper at $112 after discount:

0020020000072.jpg

430mm (mine is 435mm diameter and chunkier)

And another in the same price range (slightly cheaper I think), with a recessed ledge:

0020020000242.jpg

Diameter 435mm

This other square countertop one is $168 after discount:

0020020000062.jpg

470(L) x 465(W)

Gloria will show you the entire catalog and advise which is in stock - some of them would only be in mid-April so if you can wait, you can have your pick! :)

-Ely

Edited by Ely1

seriously though, while shopping on comgateway for my wife's bags previously, i did comtemplate getting some nicer tupperware from Kohler in!

careful, it could be the case of either the monstrous sub stays or the cat goes. haha

Nah, he knows I would win :P The Husband has a soft spot for me and my loves ;) Besides, who can resist such a cutie, really!!

3289212464_1ee18ecf4b.jpg

jus take note if your sinks are shallow, they tend to spill out very easily which is exactly what happens in my case.

but otherwise, great selections there!

my research at the shops are as follows; lightings.com.sg, Chan Huat, Lightcraft and A Lighting Enterprise.

in the end we bought from Lightcraft for our dining light, and the rest from A Lighting Enterprise including our very hard to find stainless steel look alike ceiling fan

That was EXACTLY my main concern, ne0. I chose the deepest of all available in the shapes I wanted (one round, and the other rectangular) but it seems like they make all sinks really shallow nowadays! I predict a lot of pedantic wiping... :bangwall: The deeper ones were all counter-mounted, which wouldn't alleviate the wiping habit so /shrug. Wipe, wipe, wipe.

We're definitely eyeing the kitchen island lamp from Illum Lighting, and the rest from lightings.com.sg, as they are significantly cheaper (quoted $380 after discount for a light we liked but listed on lightings.com at $280). Not sure about downlights and T5 and T8 lights though (we'd need to buy quite a few). Read that it's cheaper in Malaysia? I just don't know where to go though.

Haven't even embarked on fan search yet... sigh. Thanks for the research info! Really saves me some trips! How much was your fan? Think my search would be easier as I'm going for an all-black 56" fan.

-Ely

thks ely for the info

why dont you get one yamaha ipod dock then + the mirror? :D

i got one myself :D hehehe

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-TSX-70BR-Desk...234&sr=8-13

OH MY GAWD, REGLXT! That was EXACTLY the one I was eyeing at Harvey Norman! There would definitely be a dock in the bathroom - just thought I should pick something sleeker if it's going to be placed on the vanity. I can't remember how much it retails here. I was also worried about being too excessive - there's going to be dock on my vanity in the bedroom, a decent sound system in the living room, another dock in the kitchen (or maybe I'll just use the mini speakers~). I just love bobbing to a tune, though The Husband can definitely attest to my crazy dancing around the house!

Did you get yours from Amazon too? The brown one is going for US$149.99 with free US shipping on eBay! I may also use the Logitech Squeezebox for wireless music as another option.

-Ely