Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

I'll apply permit with Wife, NEA, MDA and all relavant authorities before uploading the pics of the current state of the toilets.. ... or better don't upload la hor.... later all "siam" my blog.. .. :curse:

Edited by Kobelala

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Beachfox, yeah right I am at Yishun Ctl 300+ behind Adora Green :) what bout u ?

I'm staying quite near you, about 5 mins walk away from you. I'm in front of Huamin Pri Sch. :D

kitchen is link to Balcony... Balcony of this unit is multi purpose I should say... some owners use it as a backyard to dry clothes... ... but no, I'm not going to do that.... Wife had agreed Balcony is solely "My" possession :yamseng: where I can chill out with my my kakis... :) so .... no drying of clothes and no washing machine in Balcony (a la Bro csinegu)...

Thanks Wife, I love u for giving me the Balcony :sport-smiley-004:

Balcony will link kitchen to Living area, I am crazy over a tempered glass door for the Balcony.. ..

3 pieces sliding tempered glass door at balcony for $1600. Quoted by my contractor.

I'm staying quite near you, about 5 mins walk away from you. I'm in front of Huamin Pri Sch. :D

Cool, Beachfox.... We're quite near !

3 pieces sliding tempered glass door at balcony for $1600. Quoted by my contractor.

Wow, I think I am going for it even though price is high... I really really like it :) am waiting for my contractor to quote, let me know if your are interested if I can get a better price ok... :)

eh... actually, your existing EM flat condition looks better than mine liao...

LOL... :P

kobelala

The parquet floor is still shiny...good condition. Can save you $$$.

Looks like previous owner like curvy round thing, the door arch, the corners of stairs.

kobelala

The parquet floor is still shiny...good condition. Can save you $$$.

Looks like previous owner like curvy round thing, the door arch, the corners of stairs.

Hi Sis Mae29, yes, I am saving cost n only polishing the parquet floor .... All the round round corner is ... ... :bangwall: but in order to save cost and concentrate on other aspects of reno, I am keeping the arch doors for the time being :( hopefully painting them the doors n frame white will make them looks better :)

Was going to say the same thing: the parquet looks pristine!

The arch-doors, well, if the wood isn't in bad condition, it's okay to keep them, perhaps in white, it'd look more inviting. :)

-Ely

Was going to say the same thing: the parquet looks pristine!

The arch-doors, well, if the wood isn't in bad condition, it's okay to keep them, perhaps in white, it'd look more inviting. :)

-Ely

Hi Ely, thanks... The Arch doors n frame are still in good condition, I m keeping them and I think the best and only way to make them looks nice is to paint them white.... haha :paint:

yup agree....white is cool..but its hard to maintain too...do consider that. :)

Hi Diva79, yep... taken into consideration... :) no choice cos no budget to replace doors for now :(

Hi Diva79, yep... taken into consideration... :) no choice cos no budget to replace doors for now :(

I've had white doors for years (at several places too - when I was renting in Australia) and it wasn't too bad at all. I think glass doors are worse! ;)

I've had white doors for years (at several places too - when I was renting in Australia) and it wasn't too bad at all. I think glass doors are worse! ;)

Good to know that it's not really that bad... cos I never had white doors :) Thanks Ely :yamseng:

Good to know that it's not really that bad... cos I never had white doors :) Thanks Ely :yamseng:

Sure, scruff marks show up more, like hands dirtied from reading the newspapers should really refrain from pushing the doors haha, but it's just as easy to clean. Enjoy your crisp white doors - very country :)

-Ely

I think those curvy arch door & frames are more expensive than normal doors. Verdict : keep for now

I think those curvy arch door & frames are more expensive than normal doors. Verdict : keep for now

Yes Sis Mae, have to keep have to keep.... cos now doors n frames are not budgeted into the our finalised reno budget :o

Yes Sis Mae, have to keep have to keep.... cos now doors n frames are not budgeted into the our finalised reno budget :o

they look unique. but as others have mentioned, it's prob more country style. hopefully you can blend it into your design. :)