Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ugene512

4 Room @upper Boon Keng Resale

Wah, like that can do EM or condo liao!!!!! Are you being chopped like carrot head???? Or you request too many stuff to custom made or quality materials?

No le....

What i need is to reno:

1) 2 bathroom

2) kitchen

3) feature wall with console and hide my 2 bed room doors

4) a false wall in my sound room

5) a console in the sound room with table

6) fasle celing with cove lightings

7) hacking of the 2 walls and relocating all doors

Its all in my edited floorplan...

So i dun think thats alot le??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

anyways, remember in my first posts on THOXXX.. I still have not receieved any 3-d design from him. Although, he reply my sms but still nothing from him yet le.. I guess he is very busy with his work, called him yesterday night. I think he is very tired, he keep on say ok, ok ok ok ok , i am busy this week i will let u know... and then ok ok ok again.. hahah i think he shag out laioz.. anyway still waiting...

Get some more quotes. If they are all ard the same, then it should be the going rate. This year I think the costs of materials/transport will be more than last year. So don't look at other forum members prices from a while back. As you know inflation had reared its ugly head and also oil prices shot through the roof. So dream of budget reno is still a dream. (another factor is high demand due to many hdb flats being sold and TOP).

No le....

What i need is to reno:

1) 2 bathroom

2) kitchen

what you type sound very simple but each psf especially kitchen cabinet, kitchen island, feature wall, etc are all by psf. very difficult to judge... just get a few to know whether that is the going rate.

hihi :)

I'm using RnR (they also go by the name SpaceDefine I think).

Just doing my kitchen, including hacking of existing kitchen flooring & cabinets, re-tiling, new upper & lower cabinets, and full-height glass walls for the utility area, it's about $20k.

The price came as a shock to me; I had thot $10k would cover.

Edited by asianms

hihi :)

I'm using RnR (they also go by the name SpaceDefine I think).

Just doing my kitchen, including hacking of existing kitchen flooring & cabinets, re-tiling, new upper & lower cabinets, and full-height glass walls for the utility area, it's about $20k.

The price came as a shock to me; I had thot $10k would cover.

Wooo.. so u really used them ??? Understand that they are going to be listed soon, its a high end company i guess.. too much for me alr...:(

UPDATES:

I just went on to look for ID today, the list that i scheduled appointment with is as follows:

1) Artrend - William

A short discussion with him just now for about an hour, very quickly gave him my idea and what i wanna do. Very quiet.. it seems like i am the ID and he keep asking me so how i wanna do it?? Hmmm strange.. i should be the one to ask man.. anyway he dun have a name card as well. He looked quite new and quite unsure of what he is saying or doing..

2) IDEAL DESIGN - ron

I saw one of the forumers engaged him so i though y not take a look. To my surprise, i find him knowledgeable he has been in this line for about 6 yrs and he is young about the same age as me.. So i find him very easy to talk to and communicated. Not much sales talk, very direct and honest (i like). He showed me their works and his design. The best thing is he told me that i can get him to come out with the design with 3d drawing and stuff and use my contractors instead with a charge.!!

Very good and i talk to him for about 2 hrs, very nice chap and honest so far.. GOT CHANCE to get wat i want with a lower price hahahaha

3) Dtrenzo

Hmm... dun wanna mention names but i dun like the designer assigned to me. We do not click at all, he dun understand wat i am trying to say and what i want. Dun know how to explain but just cant click. Never give any design input very simple and sorta trying to smoke me... hmm.. dun like entire requirements gathering took 45 mins

4) Fuse Concept

Ann Ang, a young designer graduated with a dip in interior designing at least something relevant. We talked for about 2hr plus and very honest and willing to scratch her head to think deep for me. I challenged her to create something better then i have. As you guys seen i have did alot of homework and i will sorta know what i want already. So it is really the service, design, price and feel now.. Very patience, she even took know contact of those that i have aliased like design tray, eubiq system and envo rich for flooring. Good so far.. Waiting for the price then

5) IDEAL HOUSE - WIilliam

Meet up Alton William from the a.m. He is well into his 26 yrs of service in this industry. I can see how experience he is and he told me he was a contractor before and had study to upgrade himself as an ID. Anyway, my session with him took like 30 mins. Requirements gathering was very swift and he is able to visualize what i want. He is very busy and i can see he has a lot of work to do from the stack of files by his side. He has about 7-8 project on hand. So again, i think he will be very busy. So contradicting eh..too busy not good and too "eng" also not good.. HOW ???? haha

6) Blve and Blue - willie

I have met up with willie from blveblue.com, i found out something, they actually branched out from this capentry company call myidfactory.

I just went to their showroom at paya lebar. I must say it was quite impressive although the guy that serve me was still new and young in this industry.

Their kitchen are running at 100pfr with softclose from this brand donotti , which is a brand own by them. They also have their own laminates so according to them they are able to provide lamination in (not PVC or polykem) and out of the wardrobe at a better price,and it is gg at 250pfr if i never rem wrongly and by adding a 10% will give you laminated on the door as well.. hmm.

The drawers are made without nail and are all precision cut to slot the pieces together. Interested party can go down to their showroom and see. By far the biggest showroom i have seen. Worth trying although the company is new ...

7) Artistroom - MARK

Went to visit artistroom at pearl terrace. This place is currently run by 3 person, mark(sale), katy(designer) and rudy(project). Mark and katy are husband and wife so all the work are done by just by them only. The impressive thing is that all drawings are hand drawn and not computer rendered. Interesting and the first discussion was very plesant. Will just wait and see..

8) TAU Interior

9) Summit Design

Hahahah so many to see, dun care just wack!!!!

argh!!

Edited by ugene512

UPdates:

Thomas from unimax finally call me today after an sms yesterday. He told me that my plan is out already and will be meeting me tml night to discuss over beer . haha I hope everythin will be fine, i had firm up afew things already like the flooring from evorich, and the plaform from design try heheh

Will update on the quotes

Updates:

I just found a contact on granite top (indian black and glaxy back) gg at about 80 -100 pfr. I think by far the most reasonable deal i have got, direct from supplier i suppost.

Just to compare

RNR quote me for 100pfr for solid top

Spacious Plan - 90pfr solidtop

Unimax - 100 pfr - china black granite

brick and tungsten - 121 pfr - solid top

Plush living - 75 pfr - solid top

So far my quote are like that.. a reference for you guys

Hi All,

Will not be able to meet up with thomas from unimax today. Something unfortunate has happen to his relatives. Hope hw is fine.

Anyway, i recieve the artistic immpression from Victor from three D conceptwerkes. Well i must say he is really good most of the design was very well drawn.

I am impressed so far he is the only ID that shows me his "Kung FU" the rest not yet.

I think i should upload to you guys and see ya.

Uppdated:

My wife and I have visited VIctor from three-D Conceptwerkes once again yesterday. As from my previous post i was impressed by their work and drawings. So far no one has show me any drawing except him.

I can see that he is indeed sincere of doing and designing my house. We were discussing about the budget and everything. I find his quotes are very reasonable. I have compared it with other deisign firm and found that his quote are actually not bad infact some are cheaper then the others.

Mansonary works , wet works, hacking and haulages(including cement and sand) are all cheaper or rather in market prices.

The things that are actually or pricey are the capentry works.

- Master bedroom wardrobe and casement cupboard at the recess costs about 4k

- Kitchen with bottom(14ft) and tall unit(8ft) with solid top is about 4.5k

- 30ft of solidply wood strips as feature to hide all door costs 13k ---> this is alot!!! but the effect is **** nice..

Any bro pls kindly advise, they were reall nice!! I told them if i can outsource the solid top to granite and the WIW at MBR (using MYIDFACTORY @ 200psf with laminates in and out). They say sure, and go ahead, they are willing to compromise on that althought i know they wont be earning alot from me already.

hmm will meet up with them again.. I am very inclined to engage and confirm with them already .....

Edited by ugene512

Uppdated:

My wife and I have visited VIctor from three-D Conceptwerkes once again yesterday. All from my previous post i was impressed by their work and drawings. So far no one has show me any drawing except him.

I can see that he is indeed sincere of doing and designing my house. We were discussing about the budget and everything. I find his quotes are very reasonable. I have compared it with other deisign firm and found that his quote are actually not bad infact some are cheaper then the others.

Mansonary works , wet works, hacking and haulages(including cement and sand) are all cheaper or rather in market prices.

The things that are actually or pricey are the capentry works.

- Master bedroom wardrobe and casement cupboard at the recess costs about 4k

- Kitchen with bottom(14ft) and tall unit(8ft) with solid top is about 4.5k

- 30ft of solidply wood strips as feature to hide all door costs 13k ---> this is alot!!! but the effect is **** nice..

Any bro pls kindly advise, they were reall nice!! I told them if i can outsource the solid top to granite and the WIW at MBR (using MYIDFACTORY @ 200psf with laminates in and out). They say sure, and go ahead, they are willing to compromise on that althought i know they wont be earning alot from me already.

hmm will meet up with them again.. I am very inclined to engage and confirm with them already .....

Hi ugene512,

Thanks for sharing. Just wanna check with you your WIW quoted by MYIDFACTORY @ 200 psf or 200 per ft??? Have heard about this company before in this forum but can't remember who is the one who give a good comment for them. I m still thinking either to do a portable wardrobe or a fixed one.

Cheers:) Emobebe

No le....

What i need is to reno:

1) 2 bathroom

2) kitchen

Your scope of works is lesser than mine. I will be doing my own design (simple one) and just need a contractor to co-operate with me on how to get it done and clarify about the measurement and materials to be used. No choice..I only have small budget for this...:)

Hi ugene512,

Thanks for sharing. Just wanna check with you your WIW quoted by MYIDFACTORY @ 200 psf or 200 per ft??? Have heard about this company before in this forum but can't remember who is the one who give a good comment for them. I m still thinking either to do a portable wardrobe or a fixed one.

Cheers:) Emobebe

hey

i think it is per foot run, their showroom is at paya lebar there. According to the ID i met, he told me that his ID firm and the MYIDFAACTORY belongs to the same boss. So the capentry is cheap lor.