Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steed1111

Need Advise On Laminated Flooring

Anyone can advise me if termites will attack laminated flooring?

How to do the cleaning on the flooring?

Is the flooring at the toilet area especially vunerable to water? Any solution?

Planning to lay the whole flat...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To reply ur queries:

i) If u read thru' there's other thread on this.

ii) In my view, cleaning is much easier than other type of flooring e.g. marble floor.. Jz get those floor detergent suitable for laminate floor will do. I heard laminate shld not mop often... Nt sure how true... but to me, jz sweep & mop regularly will do...

iii) It depend on how u use it to be vunerable to water.. Not forgetting the regular washing.. U plan to lay also the wet area? I understand there's a company had advertised in his website that his flooring mat'l suitable to use for wet area. But I'm still skeptical.. Not sure how long it can last.. Suggest u find out more... If u do not wan headache, leave out wet area...

I agree..

Logically, no wood can stand the area with high humidity, left alone the wet area...:)

Its too much in stake anyway, water seeping, standing water can cause stain and left smell.

Due to termite, you should check to the company whether they gave you this warranty, it needs special coating.

But maybe you want to ask whether they warranty against biological growth or not. This is the most common thing to attack wood stuffs beside termites of course.

Have you considered bamboo flooring? I am pretty sure bamboo flooring is passed all those obstacles..:), you can check their websites www.styleline.com.sg

They have better quality and almost similar prize, but maybe they are not fully well known. Try it, I dont think you will regret

You can check out photos here

Styleline Bamboo Flooring Photos

Edited by indira