Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
miap

Our Humble Abode @ Bt Purmei

Alrightee!!! Finally, after all the testings, now able to upload my floorplan liao..

Decided to start keeping track of our journey as new home-owners from the beginning. This is the first and only house that we have viewed. After deliberated for only a few hours, we decided to pay the option the very next day to secure the deal :D

This house is in the original condition but I was told that the floor tiles are of good quality and will look nice after polishing so decided to keep the tiles. Will be getting the keys in May and will post the pics of the current condition. Now just started askin for quote... haven't ecide whether to use ID or just contractors... Budget very very tide... Haiz...

Do feel free to give me any advice or comments throughout this journey... :dancingqueen:

FlrPlan.jpg

Edited by miap

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome to renotalk!

Good thing that you decide to keep the flooring. That way you save a lot or else can use the money for other parts of the house. I like the layout - got a lot of potential. Are you planning to hack any walls?

Update us with your progress and best wishes on your reno journey!

Welcome to renotalk!

Good thing that you decide to keep the flooring. That way you save a lot or else can use the money for other parts of the house. I like the layout - got a lot of potential. Are you planning to hack any walls?

Update us with your progress and best wishes on your reno journey!

Thanks! I like your reno-blog and designs too... your must have heard alot of nice comments so I'll just add on.. It's SOOO creative and colorful and cheery... will be a wonderful place to live in... Love your color combination, chandelier *wow* and island too!

Yes, will hack the storeroom walls and will also need an island in the kitchen as instructed by our fengshui master - to place our fish tank there :D

You using Rooms for Idea Pte Ltd? Are they Wilie or Vincent which I have read in this forum before? Trying to get their direct contact details..

Here's the pic of what we more or less have in mind - something simple... but still subject to changes due to budget constraint... HaHa! This give us an idea of what can be done by contractor and what can be bought ourselves in order to save costs :D

Need recommendation for reliable and HDB registered contractors as well.... still in a headache!!!

IMG_2625.jpg

Edited by miap

If u hack away the stock room, where will you going to put ur barang barang.

We thinking of creating a cupboard on the other side of the wall which is in the kitchen (the L-shape part). No choice have to hack storeroom cos our dining table is really so big as in the pic!!! HaHa :D

Also to have more wardrobe for the rooms to store things lor...

Any suggestions?

Congrats on your new Home and welcome to RT T-blog ! IMHO, a storeroom is really useful n essential, you may want to re-think about hacking it away :)

Congrats on your new Home and welcome to RT T-blog ! IMHO, a storeroom is really useful n essential, you may want to re-think about hacking it away :)

Thanks! Thanks! Ya lor, I know, Iknow... storeroom is really useful... just dunno how to place the big dining with the storeroom in the way :bangwall:

Se that you have visited Mega Discount store at Kallang.. Going there next week.. Hope to find the things that we need at a cheaper price :D But where is this Xclusive @ Kallang? Can only find one Xclusive in the internet which is selling paintings?

Will 4 weeks be enough to do simple reno for my resale 4rm as shown/mentioned above?

Sellers are actually not staying there liao so have initially agreed to let us start reno in early May i.e. give us keys four weeks before completiong date but changed their mind yesterday. they said that a relative told them to charge rental, if no rent then shouldn't give us the key earlier. So ultimately, even when their agent explained that we are not staying there and have applied for the utilities under our name already, they did not want to give us access to the house four weeks earlier liao.. they will only let us have the keys two weeks before completion date.

Fortunately, the buyer for my existing flat agreed to give us another two weeks after the completion date to clear the place. So total we will have four weeks to reno.

Is 4 weeks enough? What should I do first? Where should i start? When to get electricians and painter in, separately? Have a few quotes from some contractors and ID liao but probably not using ID already due to low budget.

Will 4 weeks be enough to do simple reno for my resale 4rm as shown/mentioned above?

Sellers are actually not staying there liao so have initially agreed to let us start reno in early May i.e. give us keys four weeks before completiong date but changed their mind yesterday. they said that a relative told them to charge rental, if no rent then shouldn't give us the key earlier. So ultimately, even when their agent explained that we are not staying there and have applied for the utilities under our name already, they did not want to give us access to the house four weeks earlier liao.. they will only let us have the keys two weeks before completion date.

Fortunately, the buyer for my existing flat agreed to give us another two weeks after the completion date to clear the place. So total we will have four weeks to reno.

Is 4 weeks enough? What should I do first? Where should i start? When to get electricians and painter in, separately? Have a few quotes from some contractors and ID liao but probably not using ID already due to low budget.

One month is enough for simple renovation. I got mine done in one month. It all depends on how committed your contractor is in sticking to the timeline. Fortunately for me, my contractor is even more ON than me on the timeline thing. All the best to you!

Its possible to live without a storeroom, but i must admit its not easy.

Have to find place to chuck toolboxes, extra chairs, luggages, etc somehow. But we can still get by. So long as stuff is placed neatly at a corner, its good enough for us already.

A storeroom makes it easier to chuck things into and ignore the mess. I used to have big wardrobes with doors, i also anyhow chuck my stuff. Now my new home is open concept, i have to make sure my clothes are arranged properly, i.e. sometimes even by colours!

your big table seems really big... already bought..? If not can get a smaller one, family squeese abit to eat, food also taste nicer mah. :)

not very sure if u have space for an island in the middle of the kitchen though, is it a movable one..?

Its possible to live without a storeroom, but i must admit its not easy.

Have to find place to chuck toolboxes, extra chairs, luggages, etc somehow. But we can still get by. So long as stuff is placed neatly at a corner, its good enough for us already.

A storeroom makes it easier to chuck things into and ignore the mess. I used to have big wardrobes with doors, i also anyhow chuck my stuff. Now my new home is open concept, i have to make sure my clothes are arranged properly, i.e. sometimes even by colours!

your big table seems really big... already bought..? If not can get a smaller one, family squeese abit to eat, food also taste nicer mah. :)

not very sure if u have space for an island in the middle of the kitchen though, is it a movable one..?

Yup... If really hack storeroom then will have to learn live "neatly" without it le... :)

Dining table already bought... the island is for fish tank as recommended by our FSM.. will see how the contractors proposed the layout of the kitchen (if they may) lor... seller allow us to go see the flat toml for site visit and to take measurement... meeting a few contractors too... will take photos of the original condition and measurements for our own reference :D

One month is enough for simple renovation. I got mine done in one month. It all depends on how committed your contractor is in sticking to the timeline. Fortunately for me, my contractor is even more ON than me on the timeline thing. All the best to you!

So happy for you! Yes... contractor's role and commitment is very impt... hope we could find a good one which can relate to and help us along :)

Welcome to RT :D Wah, u really have a tight timeline to follow. Do the must must items first, flooring, kitchen, bathroom, ceiling, electrical, plumbling, window, window grille, curtain/roller blind(some can live without, some can't). The rest such as wardrobe, feature wall, study table, shoe cabinet, shower screen can wait a bit longer. After wet works, doors, gate all this can do too.

Just my 2cents worth of advise. Happy renovation. :yamseng:

Welcome to RT :D Wah, u really have a tight timeline to follow. Do the must must items first, flooring, kitchen, bathroom, ceiling, electrical, plumbling, window, window grille, curtain/roller blind(some can live without, some can't). The rest such as wardrobe, feature wall, study table, shoe cabinet, shower screen can wait a bit longer. After wet works, doors, gate all this can do too.

Just my 2cents worth of advise. Happy renovation. :yamseng:

Thanks! Thanks! Your advise is always welcome... :D