Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wudimax

Ex- Tenant Didnt Change Address

I believe you can and you better do it.

Or else.. the driver happy happy don't pay "3 thousand" then all his "3 thousand" fly into your letter box.

Then if he don't pay car loan. Bank, etc letter all fly into your letter box.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was still receiving my ex-owner's credit card statement after 2 years. Before that, all the "Recipient has moved" I wrote on the returned mail were useless.

I opened the letter, it was a credit card statement which he had <$10 owing to the bank. Icalled the bank, spoke to the CSO, made sure I got his name (very important), and told them the matter. Within a day, they called up the ex-owner, confirmed that he had moved, and settled the matter.

For the other non-important mail like advertisements, club newsletters etc, I just kept writing "Recipient has moved" and returned the mail. After some time, most of them stopped. Those which did not, went into the dustbin.

I had ex and ex ex owner mails occasionally.

To my knowledge, one have to change his address within six month or may face a possible rules and regulation infringement from ICA. (immigration n custom authority)

Some private mails had to be informed by oneself before they mail it to the correct address.

I really pity those owner to move into an ah long unit. Coz it might be way before they moves away with this pending debts!!

I had ex and ex ex owner mails occasionally.

To my knowledge, one have to change his address within six month or may face a possible rules and regulation infringement from ICA. (immigration n custom authority)

Some private mails had to be informed by oneself before they mail it to the correct address.

I really pity those owner to move into an ah long unit. Coz it might be way before they moves away with this pending debts!!

you can enquiry to singpost.com.sg contact form and cross 2 line and write NO SUCH PERSON or THE OWNER HAS MOVED OUT

I just moved in 6 months ago. I am the third owner and when i move in still received the very first owner letters from lawyer letter to starhub etc. In end, i made a police report cause its an offence not to change address and also than called starhub and the law firm say that person not here anymore and even email them a copy of the police report.

Than up to now, no more letters....:-)

I need advice.

What do I need to do if I was served the Writ of Summons for an ex-tenant of the previous owner of my flat?

I am really stressed out now. Please help!

U stress for what?

The writ of Summons is address to the ex-tenant name not your name.

Just call the number on the Writ of Summons which should have. And told them.. this ex-tenant don't stay there and you don't know who.

You are the new owner.

This legal thing is easy to settle.

Better than ah long.

U stress for what?

The writ of Summons is address to the ex-tenant name not your name.

Just call the number on the Writ of Summons which should have. And told them.. this ex-tenant don't stay there and you don't know who.

You are the new owner.

This legal thing is easy to settle.

Better than ah long.

I called the law firm which number was stated on the WoS. Funnily enough, the secretary of the lawyer said that there was nothing they could do to help me :bangwall:

But I somehow managed to wrangle the number of the bank officer in charge of the case. After speaking to the officer, I made a police report to confirm that I really do not know the ex-tenant. Case has been deemed close :good:

I am still do not understand what is the purpose of making police report?

The ex-owners of my house already moved overseas permanently (they dont live in Singapore anymore), but there are a lot of letters for them in my mailbox.

Do I need to make police report too? I dont think police can make any actions to them.

If the ex-owner has moved out Singapore.

IMO, don't need to make police report unless neccessary

Those letter, if had return address, just return back to them.

Wrote.

This person is not longer staying in the present address

Present Owner

After few rounds, the other party should get the signal and the letter will stop.

But those w/o return address.

U can use the letter to put fish bone.

I am still do not understand what is the purpose of making police report?

The ex-owners of my house already moved overseas permanently (they dont live in Singapore anymore), but there are a lot of letters for them in my mailbox.

Do I need to make police report too? I dont think police can make any actions to them.

I made a police report because the ex-tenant of the previous owner made so many loans to so many companies that I even received a Writ of Summons at my house. I'm just covering myself, just in case.