Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AutumnIsa

Our Lil' Home @ Bishan

Hi all,

Have been lurking around the forum for awhile, reading a lot of useful information and seen many beautiful houses. Currently, we are waiting to collect our keys by end of July so looking around for more ideas on how to design our place. Anyone have good IDs/contractors/ideas to recommend?

The storeroom has been hacked off, mbr toilet door shifted to near the mbr door and the wall towards the living room has also been hacked off.

Here's the floor plan of 4'A' unit...

1.jpg

We intend to keep the existing broken marble flooring for whole house except for the kitchen & toilets. The kitchen and toilets are renovated 5yrs ago, so still relatively well maintained, not sure whether to hack off and redo yet... Now waiting for some quotes & designs from IDs before reno starts! Hopefully our reno will be smooth sailing w/o much hiccups!

Edited by AutumnIsa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Autumn,

Be careful when choosing contractors, have you read akomono problems in this forum? its quite headache..

What do you mean by broken marble? I though broken flooring is not safe rite?

Cheers

Indira

Finally gotten the keys! Currently, we are still searching for an ID to reno our place.

I would like to know how many of you will keep the marble flooring?? :D

Here are some of the pics! :)

Foyer:

EntrancetoFoyer.jpg

Living room:

Livingroom2.jpg

Kitchen:

Kitchen1.jpg

Kitchen2.jpg

Toilet:

MBRToilet.jpg

Edited by AutumnIsa

Thanks Jaskel!

Soooo... will.... u.... remove the marble flooring?? LOL!!! :P

Yes I will. It so outdated and very hard to match any theme unless u going for the retro. :yamseng:

hmm but...but..the marble is so shiny and cool at night jaskel!

but i agree, if you keep the flooring thanks to the design must really be disciplined in terms of decor and theme. my friend's unit has blue tiles which he chose not to hack to save costs. but everytime i visit he complains that the blue tiles don't go with his black and silver modern furniture.

so autumn, will YOU remove the marble flooring or not? :)

hmm but...but..the marble is so shiny and cool at night jaskel!

but i agree, if you keep the flooring thanks to the design must really be disciplined in terms of decor and theme. my friend's unit has blue tiles which he chose not to hack to save costs. but everytime i visit he complains that the blue tiles don't go with his black and silver modern furniture.

so autumn, will YOU remove the marble flooring or not? :)

Yes, it's really very well maintained but design is a major headache.. :D

I'm still considering whether to or not.. *headache*

AutumnIsa, Welcome! Your flat seems to be in very good condition.

I will keep the flooring! But that's just me, cuz it fits into the Mid Century Modern look which I am going for. :)

Oooo.. thanks for replying.. I'm keen on modern contemporary.. LOL!! Which explains my major headache now. Like so wasted.

Thanks for replying..

That's also one of my major worry... ;)

Follow your heart....do u like the broken marble flooring or not? If not, will it worth saving the money not to hack but going home everyday seeing the flooring like out of place of the decor and design of the house? :yamseng: