Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gimz63251073

Asset Enhancement Works Only With A Second Home

If u bring this up to previous's Mah BT & present's Raymond Lim, very likely they will tell u this scares away the big investors and leave singaporeans with no jobs.

Anyway, school fees can have different rate for different status of ppl, why can't the same be apply for transportation. Or even the "public housing"? Say PRs pay a premium to gov over the mkt rate of flats, right? Another ways to increase nation's reserve, right? Should ask WP's Low TK to do the "bombardment".

They should have different category of COEs for foreigners.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If u bring this up to previous's Mah BT & present's Raymond Lim, very likely they will tell u this scares away the big investors and leave singaporeans with no jobs.

Anyway, school fees can have different rate for different status of ppl, why can't the same be apply for transportation. Or even the "public housing"? Say PRs pay a premium to gov over the mkt rate of flats, right? Another ways to increase nation's reserve, right? Should ask WP's Low TK to do the "bombardment".

During the 2006-2009 period, most of our construction companies, equipment, materials and even workers were pulled in to contruct the 2 IRs. This led to shortage of resources to develop our Public Housing. Construction cost also skyrocketed as a result, due to companies like Lian Beng, Koh Bros, Tat Hong etc... all focusing on the more lucrative IR business. This led to the short supply of HDBs, hence, price shot up.. the goverment could not control it, and furthermore the influx of few hundreds of thousands foreigners push it even further. Now they call it ASSET Enhancement...

I believe that HDB should and rightfully be available to SG citizens only.

Yes, making them pay a premium is brilliant idea...just that it will further increase prices as resale prices are based on "recently completed transaction of nearby places".

Low TK almost gave up on the housing issue le... no amount of debate can get through MBT's skull.

I believe that HDB should and rightfully be available to SG citizens only.

Yes, making them pay a premium is brilliant idea...just that it will further increase prices as resale prices are based on "recently completed transaction of nearby places".

Low TK almost gave up on the housing issue le... no amount of debate can get through MBT's skull.

Note sure if MBT has a say...Tan Jee Say ex-principal private sec for GCT spoke at the SDP rally yesterday saying that in cabinet meetings, its often just a dialogue between father and son and sometimes monologue by the father himself.

Edited by ZondaR

All opp should join force & whack on president/ministers wage issue. Distribute the list during rallies, ask voters to pin on main door, read at it everyday, till election day, then they will know what to do on 7 May 2011.

Sure whole island hot & boil.

Read NSP Goh's blog by head & heart

http://singaporealternatives.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B08%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B08%3A00&max-results=14

,then PM Gok CT who "kick start" the upgrading as carrot in pork barrel politics in GE1997.....artificially and politically influent flats' price and drastically destroyed the foundations to the NATIONAL PLEDGE (Justice and Equality.....)which our nation is based upon. I believed, one day, he will regret. How I wish to have a closeup look at his face when he recites the NATIONAL PLEDGE, with his right fist raises to heart. He has led, by example, to his follow INNOCENT colleagues, to follow suit without realise how serious the mistake he had made in life.

His hardwork, repect gained throughout the years, never even enough to compensate this mistake made(decision and action). Voters have been cryingout loud to stop this, but hardcore fact...even the "father" who polishes the Pledge, seem to have forgoten. He has once siad:politicians should “have passion, the commitment and share the same dreams as the people”. (ST 4 Nov 2006). ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_National_Pledge

From HDB price issue, reminded me singapore is being run by money and profits. Got heads no hearts = elites & scholars?

Think, what'll be the "price" for a L99, 50-yr old flat in the eye of a banker, with many new/newer flats around?.

Workers Party suggestion in my opinion is extremely hard to execute:

- pricing at median income. Whose median income? - Median income of applicant, Median income of households in Singapore, Median income of all applicants?? There are endless groups of people and selection of any group opens up a brand new problem and area for debate.

- Also rightfully a house next to Redhill MRT must command a higher price than one at Boon Lay MRT. In this case, do you shift up the pricing or continue to price a Redhill flat at a Jurong's price?

- Assume that all flats follow the same pricing regardless of location, then we have a bigger problem of the whole Singapore going for high level flats at prime locations. Thus, making balloting a nightmare and perhaps citizens would be better off buying lottery.

These are just hypothetical issues which would not surface. No PAP member in his right mind would accept a WP recommendation. Its a matter of pride and "face".

Right now, MBT is the only person in Singapore defending his "affordability" of flats. Im just glad i managed to get mine already!

Edited by bepgof

in the eyes of a banker, (though im not a banker), the price of anything would be what the market would be willing to pay.

the market in this case would be set by those people who believe that hdb 99 yr lease = freehold.

my view is that:

within 2 or 3 decades, hdb will be in super deep sh*t when they cannot do the SERS fast enough. Thats when they would extend the lease and that might be when valuation of property takes a whole new dimension.

Well said, "invisible hand" does this job.

the market in this case would be set by those people who believe that hdb 99 yr lease = freehold.

Edited by bepgof

Oops no, the "correct" saying should be: The visible hand makes the invisible hand works! Adam Smith's theory can't work in singapore liao.

Well said, "invisible hand" does this job.

Read NSP Goh's blog by head & heart

http://singaporealternatives.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B08%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B08%3A00&max-results=14

,then PM Gok CT who "kick start" the upgrading as carrot in pork barrel politics in GE1997.....artificially and politically influent flats' price and drastically destroyed the foundations to the NATIONAL PLEDGE (Justice and Equality.....)which our nation is based upon. I believed, one day, he will regret. How I wish to have a closeup look at his face when he recites the NATIONAL PLEDGE, with his right fist raises to heart. He has led, by example, to his follow INNOCENT colleagues, to follow suit without realise how serious the mistake he had made in life.

Talking about national pledge, think we have to amend the national pledge to " regardless of race, language, religion or CONSTITUENCY". It seems they are trying to cut off opposition wards from the rest of Singapore.

Oops no, the "correct" saying should be: The visible hand makes the invisible hand works! Adam Smith's theory can't work in singapore liao.

haha ya, hand = hdb.

Remembered not long after LHL stepped in politic, while I studied economic subject in SIM, and his has mentioned "invisible hand" serveral times in his speeches. He believed strongly in "invisible hand"(free market). Of course, now he also well aware the visible hand can make the invisible hand works.

haha ya, hand = hdb.

Edited by bepgof