Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leosmk

White Space Living

I share the same sentiments with all of you that any so-called top-notch or best service/ content provider will have their fair share of dissatisfied clients. Part & parcel of running a business as the cliche goes for "it's hard to please everybody". :)

When I was interviewing & shortlisting contractors for reinstating both my mbr & common room to their original layout, I also contacted contractors who had won raving reviews over RT forum. But I didn't engage anyone of them becox they jux weren't the right ones for us for many reasons.

(I didn't use any IDs becox all I require is restoration works, not interior designing. Otherwise, I would definitely consider White Space Living becox they are already ahead in the race on my list of IDs.)

So the best bet at the end of the day is, depend on your own judgement :D

Edited by edenstrauss

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear all,

According to my experience working with them.

let me post some grades of their standard.

A=Excellent, E=Sucks

Design:

Space Planning = C

Design Idea = D (Lack of idea, their chief designer is only 29 year old!)

Material Selection = D

Drawings & Details = D

Project:

Project Management = E

Carpenter ship = B

Tiling & Flooring work = B

Electrical Works = B

Ceiling & gypsum Partition = C

Others:

Quotation = D (Quite high comparing with other IDs)

Presentation = B

(They will show you some 3D visual of your rooms in presentation,...that 3ds are really impressive,...but later actual work is totally different with that visualization!)

Customer Relationship = B

(Money Face!,…Talkie is really really good… at least they’ll try "hahaha" and always smiling like”toothpaste advertising" till you signed the contract...later so many excuses!)

Solving problems & complains = E

(1.ahh…I’m sorry sir…… blar blar blar…

2. Sometimes, we are no choice…. Blar blar blar…

3. it is like that…….Blar blar blar…..)

All in All = liaise with caution.

P.S (They will call you "老闆" in every single meetings until the time they starting to make excuses!)

Hi guys, here are some comments for your consideration..

Their pricing is killing ppl while design wise is on average & monotone comparing to others id firm. They always keep repeating previous project and duplicate to another new project. By only changing the material, colour or lighting setting at certain area they can manipulate it into your house, especially if your house was built from the same developer. They do that way in order to save their own cost to pay design fee to the freelancer. So dun be surprise if your room setting is similar to your neighbours.

Money face of course they are but more famous with their stingy & greedy trait. Intend to aim a lot income but with lesser or even minus issuance.

They will give you nice impression on the first meeting till you are about to sign contract, then they will start do a "cin cai method"

Dear all,

According to my experience working with them.

let me post some grades of their standard.

A=Excellent, E=Sucks

Design:

Space Planning = C

Design Idea = D (Lack of idea, their chief designer is only 29 year old!)

Material Selection = D

Drawings & Details = D

Project:

Project Management = E

Carpenter ship = B

Tiling & Flooring work = B

Electrical Works = B

Ceiling & gypsum Partition = C

Others:

Quotation = D (Quite high comparing with other IDs)

Presentation = B

(They will show you some 3D visual of your rooms in presentation,...that 3ds are really impressive,...but later actual work is totally different with that visualization!)

Customer Relationship = B

(Money Face!,…Talkie is really really good… at least they’ll try "hahaha" and always smiling like”toothpaste advertising" till you signed the contract...later so many excuses!)

Solving problems & complains = E

(1.ahh…I’m sorry sir…… blar blar blar…

2. Sometimes, we are no choice…. Blar blar blar…

3. it is like that…….Blar blar blar…..)

All in All = liaise with caution.

P.S (They will call you "老闆" in every single meetings until the time they starting to make excuses!)

Hi Pickypicky

it'll be useful for all viewers & potential customers & other RT members to learn more about your complaints pertaining to your renovation works conducted by White Space Living.

Please do elaborate on your complaints about this renovator & also, substantiate with photographs of what they have done for your flat instead of simply giving them bad ratings.

They have done alot of reno for the homes & offices of my uncles & those of neighbours' relatives; and it is quite difficult to imagine how they could be associated with such bad ratings.

The level of service received by all these parties were nothing like what u had mentioned.

Kindly elaborate on your complaints for white space living and also, include photographs to substantiate your claims.

I am keen to book them for reno of my new flat in the near future... so it's vital for us to learn of any adverse remarks associated with them.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi guys, here are some comments for your consideration..

Their pricing is killing ppl while design wise is on average & monotone comparing to others id firm. They always keep repeating previous project and duplicate to another new project. By only changing the material, colour or lighting setting at certain area they can manipulate it into your house, especially if your house was built from the same developer. They do that way in order to save their own cost to pay design fee to the freelancer. So dun be surprise if your room setting is similar to your neighbours.

Money face of course they are but more famous with their stingy & greedy trait. Intend to aim a lot income but with lesser or even minus issuance.

They will give you nice impression on the first meeting till you are about to sign contract, then they will start do a "cin cai method"

Hi Icy,

did u engage White Space Living to renovate your home?

It is true that they aren't cheap but my uncles' homes had such excellent workmanship & great service, including after-sales that we felt that it was worth the monies spent.

If you have had any reno done for your home in the first place, you would have known that any IDs wouldn't be giving clients a uniform identity to their homes unless they agreed to what's proposed in the first place.

And many IDs, according to a Malay friend who had a punggol flat designed the balinese style, he said that the ID firm that he uses would only do such styles with lot's of walnut coloured carpentry (real timber, not plywood with formica or laminates) being done up for their homes.

If clients didn't like such concepts, then they should look for other renovators - with that being said, I supposed that it is reasonable for all ID firms to have certain forms of distinctive outlooks/ styles which differentiate them from other IDs.

I'm sure all IDs in ID firms should be working within the framework of their clients' design preferences even if it meant that there are parallels in concepts & styles arising from the same ID firm.

Like Pickypicky's case, please do elaborate further on what transpired during your renovation with White Space Living which ultimately led to such displeasure & adverse remarks about them.

And please, do upload photographs to substantiate your claims. Afterall, the forum is a platform for sharing useful information, genuine experiences & expressing concerns; as such, it'll be good to elaborate with more explanations & photographs.

p/s: the part about them using the same style of renovation if the property is built by the same property developer - would u care to elaborate more about that? That part is new... do u mean to say that u r staying in one of such condos where white space living was appointed as the main designers for ALL the units??

And would u care to share which condo or property that would be??

Edited by edenstrauss

By the way, I will take photographs of my uncles' homes when I visit them again during festive periods & upload them on RT.

Edited by edenstrauss

My house was done by WSL a few years back and i refused to pay the last 5% of the contract price because they are unwilling to rectify all the defects. My solid surface was scratched even before i move in and 3 big tiles in my toilet cracked (its not small scratches or cracks, its big and obvious!). They even have the cheek to tell me that they cant do anything.

Like what was mentioned, their sales talk is very impressive but once you sign the contract, everything goes downhill.

If you insist to use them, make sure every single item is documented.

Hi edenstrauss,

know too much. huh?

dont playing games.

i doubt you are one of the staff of White Space Living.

U r an interesting guy, picky picky, u choose a close to 1 yr ago posting then accuse ppl of being staff. Haha :dunno:

Super free :dancingqueen:

Edited by sandywu

sandywu,

Not only me, i'm sure anyone who engaged with them before will be in doubt that kind of posts.

the writing is really good enough like the talking of the sale guys who worked there.

the writer used to put smiley icons in his writing.

i hope you know too, it's the same with the WSL guys always smiling even there's nothing to smile especially during the contract sessions!

hahahaha

knock it off!

Edited by Pickypicky

sandywu,

Not only me, i'm sure anyone who engaged with them before will be in doubt that kind of posts.

the writing is really good enough like the talking of the sale guys who worked there.

the writer used to put smiley icons in his writing.

i hope you know too, it's the same with the WSL guys always smiling even there's nothing to smile especially during the contract sessions!

hahahaha

knock it off!

Guess you must have been "bitten" / "Chopped" by this company... Haha...

Seriously the "black sheep" in the forum should be taken out. Instead of helping ppl, they are just getting us to spend more and more $$, making us unhappy. zz

how many accounts do u have to play games here?

you think urself too smart and people are stupid here?

hahaha

i know u ar unhappy to meet me here coz may be i know too well u all's plans. haha.

i'll not argue with u anymore for ur child play trick after this comment.

say whatever u like.

P.S : dont forget to go and learn for the bigger games.

Edited by Pickypicky

how many accounts do u have to play games here?

you think urself too smart and people are stupid here?

hahaha

i know u ar unhappy to meet me here coz may be i know too well u all's plans. haha.

i'll not argue with u anymore for ur child play trick after this comment.

say whatever u like.

P.S : dont forget to go and learn for the bigger games.

?? You talking about me?

I'm not arguing wif u neither am i saying u wrong, I'm saying that if there are really lousy, no good ID, should be made known to ppl in the forum to have them taken out isn't it. I post in this thread is just tat i find u very funny, out of no reason, say this company got problem, digging out a thread which had only replied like 1 yr ago Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:30 PM.

Anyway, I did not employ this company to do my renovation. Probably u can post some of the work done by them, or tell us wat is wrong with this company.

I am considering white space living for my new place.

I was recommended by a friend who was very pleased with their works.

However the id he engaged is presently on sabbatical.

Is there any updated review on this company and which ID guy should I get, if I was to engage this firm?

TIA.