Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Kitchen Doors By Han Fong Aluminium Pte Ltd

Disclaimer:

Permission has been granted by Han Fong Aluminium Pte Ltd for their installation works at my home to be featured in this thread.

Kindly note that this thread is strictly for the purpose of sharing my humble & objective views of works and services provided by the aforesaid company. And not an advertising platform.

Reader's discretion is therefore sought when viewing this thread.

In view of issues pertaining to every individual's privacy, facial identities are witheld from the photographs featured in this thread.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After the wrathful episode of a "SNOW" storm being stirred up in the kitchen as shown in my previous thread below:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40463&view=findpost&p=636252

We were able to install a double-tracked kitchen door at long last.

For the benefit of readers who haven't read about the "SNOW" storm created in my kitchen, I wish to repeat myself here in that the cement platform (in our kitchen) was in excess length-wise.

And because there weren't enough space for a single panelled kitchen door, we had to install a dual panelled version. This requires a wider sliding track since there are 2 panels of doors sliding across it in the same direction.

As such, we had engaged our renovator, Ah Cheong & his team to demolish inches off the existing cement platform so as to accomodate to the double bottom track.

Edited by edenstrauss

As we had a very good experience with HAN FONG ALUMINIUM PTE LTD who customised & installed our vanity drawers below the windows for our flat, we bought our kitchen doors from this company.

(To view photographs of vanity drawers by HAN FONG ALUMINIUM PTE LTD, please look at the following link:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39552&st=0&p=625118&fromsearch=1entry625118)

I would also wish to take this opportunity to highlight to ALL readers that since we are not experts from the industry, please do pardon us if we had made erroneous deductions of equipments/ products used by the aforesaid company.

Here are some photos of the installation process:

5718121852_675815c57c_z.jpg

5717565413_444ec59fc6_z.jpg

Actually, I'm not sure what this gadget is known as but he used that to hold the "stopper" in place & there were nails on the stopper after the "stapler gun" was used.

5718119142_765c5a3dce_z.jpg

We noticed that there were some spots & stains on the frame of the kitchen doors & were pleasantly surprised when the assistant to the installer had taken the initiative to polish the aluminium frame with Autosol prior to mounting the doors onto the track.

5729656252_e04d10c938_z.jpg

Edited by edenstrauss

Photographs of the dual-panel kitchen door when installation is completed:

5722036707_c21f7c0f4c_z.jpg

5722048031_d02e990acc_z.jpg

VERDICT:

We are very happy to have our kitchen door installed by HAN FONG ALUMINIUM PTE LTD becox they did a wonderful job as they've done so for our vanity drawers under our windows!

Highly recommended if anybody requires any aluminium doors, windows. They provide shower screens in both glass & acrylic too!

:yamseng:

Edited by edenstrauss

may i know how much you spent on this?

It cost us $300++++ but it really depends on site measurements. I supposed that single panelled kitchen door should be cheaper.

Looks like a job well-done again! I like the doors, they are glass?

Nope, it's made of PVC panels encased in aluminium frames. The same colour as my vanity drawers.

It's the light that passes through it that made it look like glass.

I've not peeled off the plastic protective film yet, otherwise, it'll look glossy.

Have u gotten your kitchen doors already?

Hi everyone,

I have a flood of PMs asking me if my kitchen doors are made of glass. It isn't.

But made of PVC panels with code number MF23 and this tone of PVC is very popular with condominium projects. In fact, it is one of the most popular shades of colour.

If it's made of glass, it'll cost alot more especially when it's tempered for safety reasons.

If I had a chance to turn back the clock, I wouldn't want to install glass toilet doors. really regret it now that we are preparing to rent out our bedrooms to tenants :( Should have gone for this MF23 PVC panel.

:sport-smiley-003:

Edited by edenstrauss

If I had a chance to turn back the clock, I wouldn't want to install glass toilet doors. really regret it now that we are preparing to rent out our bedrooms to tenants :( Should have gone for this MF23 PVC panel.

:sport-smiley-003:

Hi edenstrauss, can u pls share why u regret on having glass toilet doors? My ID proposed to use glass, so like to hear your comment before I need to regret too.. Thanks alot!

Hi edenstrauss, can u pls share why u regret on having glass toilet doors? My ID proposed to use glass, so like to hear your comment before I need to regret too.. Thanks alot!

My toilet doors r "SAND-BLASTED" glass doors. They r very prone to stains & very difficult to maintain.

If ur ID proposed LAMINATED glass doors, this might not be a concern if the quality is good.

But if I have a choice, I would avoid glass doors even though they look very nice & expensive - glass, whether it's tempered or not, runs a high risk of breaking.

Accidents do happen. It was in the chinese papers recently that glass which are supposedly tempered, had shattered into pieces in a newly renovated retail shop! And thank goodness that nobody was nearby when the incident took place!

My toilet doors r "SAND-BLASTED" glass doors. They r very prone to stains & very difficult to maintain.

If ur ID proposed LAMINATED glass doors, this might not be a concern if the quality is good.

But if I have a choice, I would avoid glass doors even though they look very nice & expensive - glass, whether it's tempered or not, runs a high risk of breaking.

Accidents do happen. It was in the chinese papers recently that glass which are supposedly tempered, had shattered into pieces in a newly renovated retail shop! And thank goodness that nobody was nearby when the incident took place!

Thanks edenstrauss. Is laminated glass use in door common? Pardon my ignorance. :P Also, is it more expensive than tempered glass door?

Thanks edenstrauss. Is laminated glass use in door common? Pardon my ignorance. :P Also, is it more expensive than tempered glass door?

tempered glass - laminated glass doors can either be tempered or non-tempered.

The danger about non-tempered is that when it breaks, the glass shards would fly off or shatter into many small pieces & drop onto the floor. Please check this link for more about tempered glass:

http://www.answers.com/topic/tempered-glass

As for the pricing, tempered glass doors are definitely more expensive.

Hi folks,

I've made a reference to Han Fong Aluminium in one of my other threads on Yontat doors & had been informed by a renotalk member that Han Fong needs one month to fulfill orders.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40652&view=findpost&p=673365

For the benefit of those whose still interested in engaging Han Fong Aluminium to fabricate Aluminium fixtures, I've spoken to the boss' wife, Mrs Kang & she has confirmed that orders were overwhelming in view of condo & bungalow projects.

As such, for those who require urgent installation, I'm sorry that you guys would have to look elsewhere even though Han Fong Aluminium still welcomes new orders from any home owners.

best regards to all & hv a great weekend!

:yamseng: