Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stardust205

No. Of Stoves In A Hob

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Is there an auspicious no for the stoves in a hob?

my contractor told me the ideal no. is 3.

Any advice?

Thks!

I didn't really bother with this but heard my neighbour was told going for even numbers. Anyway mine is induction, there's no fire stove. Is there any difference? By the way, can anyone also help to comment, if I have 4 stove but always use 1, so its odd or even??

Hi,

Any advice?

Thks!

The number of stove on a hob can be used to affect the location's qi.

There are no fix number but rather changes according to the location of the hob.

Anyway,

These are minor changes and should not be too worried.

I would recommend u worry more of your stove's practical usage (2 stove enough or with a baby, maybe u need 3?). =)

There are more impt things to worry about with regards to a stove and its definitely not the number on the hob.

Hope this helps.

I didn't really bother with this but heard my neighbour was told going for even numbers. Anyway mine is induction, there's no fire stove. Is there any difference?

Traditional chinese use charcoal to cook.

Modern people use gas.

Now people switch to induction.

Is there a difference? No. Its all generating of heat to cook.

By the way, can anyone also help to comment, if I have 4 stove but always use 1, so its odd or even??

Dun worry too much with the numbers as it is not that significant when we talk about stove.

Advise:

1. All numerical number are "neutral", no such thing as auspicious(heng) or inauspicious(sway).

2. A master or owner who KNOWs WHAT he wants will decide what he wants. He who doesn't know what he wants, "yet till want" leave rooms for being manipulated.

Hi,

Any advice?

Thks!

三为財,四为丁, if I am not wrong.

Honestly, I can't remember where I heard this from.

According to my limited understanding on the affect of stove on fengshui...

In ancient time, kitchen is always on the ground floor. The stove has a fire mouth or opening that allow the user to feed the chopped wood in to start/maintain/control the fire. For those who watch HK drama, you should have seen some of these stoves. I believe some of the rural areas in China are still using such stoves. This is the qi mouth (气口). As kitchen is on the ground floor, it will be connected with di qi (地气). The fire mouth will be facing in an auspicious direction and located in a bad sector. This is according to Bazhai system. Of course, there are other considerations than what I have mentioned above.

In this age, most of us in Singapore are staying in flats, so it is rather impossible to have such effect. Further to what others mentioned here that the current stoves are burners with knobs/induction cookers, so where is the 气口? So long the stove is located in a good area base on whatever fengshui system you or your fsm is employing, it should be fine provided it is done correctly.

Edited by FlyingKnight

Any number can be 为財. 四 is definitely as "丁", simply: 甲.、乙、丙、丁

I was born and brought up in "landed" "rural" area till age of 16 when move to HDB estate due to the GREAT relocation programme of s'pore. We were using the mentioned stove, on ground, in kitchen, fed by chopped wood. However, some corrections needed:

1. The stove was quite a giant, constructed by bricks & cement with some ceramic tiles(always had hairline cracks)

2. The traditional stove has "4 mouths"

- A mouth where wok or pots sit onto, always on top.

- B mouth leads to where burnt ash is collected. This is where the "air" in to help burn the wood. If this mouth is blocked, no oxygen will be taken in, fire would be distinguished slowly in no time. This is the so call 入气口.

- C mouth lead to area where chopped wood are input while wok/pots remain on A mouth.

- D mouth - chimney where carbon dioxide with all the white smoke are out. This is the 出气口。Without this mouth, one can image "how" the whole kitchen would be like after some time of cooking.

A & D "mouths" facing "upward". B on top of C mouths, both mouths facing the user who can input the wood and output the ash.

Chinese believes "气" relates to life. In reality, the problem is, there are too many/much "invention" of types of "气" around and ppls get confused, including myself......

Honestly, I can't remember where I heard this from.

According to my limited understanding on the affect of stove on fengshui...

In ancient time, kitchen is always on the ground floor. The stove has a fire mouth or opening that allow the user to feed the chopped wood in to start/maintain/control the fire. For those who watch HK drama, you should have seen some of these stoves. I believe some of the rural areas in China are still using such stoves. This is the qi mouth (气口). As kitchen is on the ground floor, it will be connected with di qi (地气). The fire mouth will be facing in an auspicious direction and located in a bad sector. This is according to Bazhai system. Of course, there are other considerations than what I have mentioned above.

In this age, most of us in Singapore are staying in flats, so it is rather impossible to have such effect. Further to what others mentioned here that the current stoves are burners with knobs/induction cookers, so where is the 气口? So long the stove is located in a good area base on whatever fengshui system you or your fsm is employing, it should be fine provided it is done correctly.

Thanks all for the inputs.

Seems the FS opinions given all differs quite alot.. i.e.; go for practicality consideration instead. =)

yes, I would definitely go for min 3 stoves.. in case 1 get spoilt, I still have 2.

Edited by stardust205

Advise:

1. All numerical number are "neutral", no such thing as auspicious(heng) or inauspicious(sway).

2. A master or owner who KNOWs WHAT he wants will decide what he wants. He who doesn't know what he wants, "yet till want" leave rooms for being manipulated.

Mm.. there are times one when would like to seek opinions.. after gathering more info, then make an informed decision.

That's what this FS forum is abt, isn't it? =)

Never heard of.

三为震,四为巽. i know and commonly used as well. This is according to 后天卦.

Common in XuanKong.

The fire mouth will be facing in an auspicious direction and located in a bad sector. This is according to Bazhai system.

This is true. Fire mouth is known as 灶门. Not so much according to BaZhai but according to 阳宅三十则. Which is applicable to BaZhai and XuanKong.

In this age, most of us in Singapore are staying in flats, so it is rather impossible to have such effect. Further to what others mentioned here that the current stoves are burners with knobs/induction cookers, so where is the 气口?

Make a guess? =)

Edited by gnolard

Mm.. there are times one when would like to seek opinions.. after gathering more info, then make an informed decision.

That's what this FS forum is abt, isn't it? =)

It's perfectly alright and not uncommon to seek "2nd opinion". The fundamental essence I raised:

Knowing is one thing.

Applying what one knew is another thing.

In certain situations one apply not what he knew.

Never heard of.

三为震,四为巽. i know and commonly used as well. This is according to 后天卦.

Common in XuanKong.

Not only common in XK. It is common in others too.

... Which is applicable to BaZhai and XuanKong.

You are a XK supporter. :yamseng:

Is 气 mention here = wind, oxygen, cardon dioxide, energy or... :dunno:

This is for one to find out.

Is more than those.....There are so many types of "气", just to share:

气昂昂,生气,气冲冲, 气喘,气锤,气粗,元气,气度,气氛,气愤,气功,气管,气锅,气候,气呼呼,气话,火气,气急,气节,气绝,气孔,气力,气量,气流,气脉,气门,气闷,气恼,气馁,气逆,气派,气泡,气魄,气枪,气球,气色,气势,气水,气数,气态,气体,气筒,气味,气温,气息,气象,气性,气胸,气虚,气压,气焰,运气,气韵,气质,气功,霉气,煤气,鬼气,人气,氧气,福气,怒气,义气.........

And there are 10 basic classification of 气:

1. 没有一定的形状、体积,能自由散布的物体:气体。

2. 呼吸:没气了。气厥。气促。气息。一气呵成。

3. 自然界寒、暧、阴、晴等现象:气候。气温。气象。

4. 鼻子闻到的味:气味。臭气。

5. 人的精神状态:气概。气节。气魄。气派。气馁。

6. 怒,或使人发怒:不要气我了。气恼。气盛(shèng )。忍气吞声。

7. 欺压:受气。

8. 中医指能使人体器官发挥机能的动力:气功。气血。气虚。

9. 中医指某种症象:痰气。湿气。

10. 景象:和气。气氛。气韵(文章或书法绘画的意境或韵味)。

So, remember to ask your FSM what "气" he refers to when talk abt fs.