Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ejzoen

Arco Floor Lamp - Fantastic Floor Lamp Designed By Achille Castiglioni For Flos In 1962

For those who dont wish to wait, I have one in white for sale from the previous group buy. Only just managed to try installing it after my renovation ended... And found it was too high for my ceiling!!

Asking $320+-

Hit me with offers 8 3 8 2 7 1 4 9!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice lamp! Its really very cool and attractive. I am really looking forward to getting mine. thanks for sharing.

Did u partake in group buy?

Nice lamp! Its really very cool and attractive. I am really looking forward to getting mine. thanks for sharing.

Did u partake in group buy?

Was browsing and saw this photo..

this one anyhow install 1..

can u guys spot the problem?

185209_156160994464647_125288180885262_320728_1333070_n.jpg

293309_156160911131322_125288180885262_320727_6182428_n.jpg

Edited by ejzoen

Lol the base is wrong way round.. That's how I almost installed mine. Ejzoen have you had any experience with anyone sawing off the main stem to accommodate a lower ceiling? Reconsidering keeping it instead of selling..

Lol the base is wrong way round.. That's how I almost installed mine. Ejzoen have you had any experience with anyone sawing off the main stem to accommodate a lower ceiling? Reconsidering keeping it instead of selling..

ermm.. i had briefly went ard asking about this, cos previously there was someone asking about it.

If you had collected the lamp from Bedok. you will notice there are some metal makers in that are who does that.

Im not exactly sure of their quality if work. but Jonas say it should be quite straight forward.

They have the tools & even if the cutting isn't very perfect, there is a capping sleeve that cover up the flaw also.

You can try asking Jonas 9698 4977 for the charges. if not i can help you drop him a line to request for a "friendly price"

How much do u need to cut off?

Edited by ejzoen

Found this over the web...

http://www.mid-century-home.com/shop-for-mid-century/

The Arco floor lamp has been inspired by a common object: a street lamp.

The Creative Process Behind The Arco Floor Lamp.

arco-achille-castiglioni.jpg

The idea to design the Arco floor lamp, arrived observing how often the electrical output for hanging lamps was in the middle of the ceiling while not all the tables were positioned in the middle of a room. Trying to solve this simple problem Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni designed the Arco lamp.

The Arco floor lamp is made of an arched steel arm fixed to a white Carrara marble rectangular base.

The original telescopic arm of the Arco floor lamp allows it to lighten at a distance of over 2 meters from the base: in this way people can easily move and position a table with chairs underneath.

A Castiglioni design peculiarity was to adopt simple and adjustable mechanisms for his products: the Arco lamp is not different.

The telescopic arm of the Arco floor lamp is made of satin-finished stainless steel and a varnished aluminium shade. Because of the marble base, the Arco lamp weighs 45kg, but can be easily lifted thanks to a hole in its base that allows two people to insert a broom handle and move it.

arco achille illustration The Arco Floor Lamp

The design of the Arco floor lamp makes it pleasant and original at the same time. This is a typical element of the Castiglionis’ designs: inspired by common objects updated with genius and irony.

The Arco floor lamp expresses the Achille Castiglioni design philosophy based on the analytical approach to materials, technologies, shapes and final use of an object; the Arco lamp summarize those characteristics in one and that’s why it has been so successful over five decades.

arco-achille-illustration.jpg

The Arco lamp was designed by the Castiglioni brothers in 1962 for the Flos lighting company, with whom they built a successful cooperation and that still manufactures the Arco as many other Castiglionis’ lamps.

During their collaboration, Castiglioni and Flos re-invented the purpose of interior lighting across the Italian Mid Century golden age.

After more than 50 years, the Arco floor lamp is still a best seller and one of the most desired mid century modern lamps ever.

Edited by ejzoen

ermm.. i had briefly went ard asking about this, cos previously there was someone asking about it.

If you had collected the lamp from Bedok. you will notice there are some metal makers in that are who does that.

Im not exactly sure of their quality if work. but Jonas say it should be quite straight forward.

They have the tools & even if the cutting isn't very perfect, there is a capping sleeve that cover up the flaw also.

You can try asking Jonas 9698 4977 for the charges. if not i can help you drop him a line to request for a "friendly price"

How much do u need to cut off?

Probably something like 10cm.. I actually have a friend who owns a metal workshop and will doit for me tomorrow. Does the capping sleeve come off? I tried pulling it out - no go.. How do you get it out?

Anyway I'll drop Jonas a text tmr too. Thanks!

Probably something like 10cm.. I actually have a friend who owns a metal workshop and will doit for me tomorrow. Does the capping sleeve come off? I tried pulling it out - no go.. How do you get it out?

Anyway I'll drop Jonas a text tmr too. Thanks!

I'm happy to report that my friend took off 15cm for me from the base.. i.e. the sleeve cap at the top of the first (straight) section was not touched.

Only problem with that was that the wire had to be cut and then reconnected back with a connector + black tape but that wasn't a big deal since the cables leading out from the base to the switch is hidden behind the marble base anyway.

Managed to get it to fit my low low ceiling!

I'm happy to report that my friend took off 15cm for me from the base.. i.e. the sleeve cap at the top of the first (straight) section was not touched.

Only problem with that was that the wire had to be cut and then reconnected back with a connector + black tape but that wasn't a big deal since the cables leading out from the base to the switch is hidden behind the marble base anyway.

Managed to get it to fit my low low ceiling!

Congrats Blooie!! care to share the after cutting pics?

there is a current groupbuy for this going on.. if you are going to get 1, i think its best to do so soon, cos we are looking at getting it hopefully before CNY

Group buy page Click here.

Edited by ejzoen

• Like 1