Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RoaR

Do Not Ever Buy From Winter International

A word of advice for all those out there, DO NOT BUY FROM WINTER INTERNATIONAL unless you would like to get agitated with delivery issues, quality problems and dealing with unprofessional people!

I bought a bed from them, but put the delivery date almost 2 months away as I am unsure when the room will be ready. I was told any time if I want to bring forward the delivery date, just give a week to 10 days advance notice.

I called to bring forward the date, giving 10 days notice, only to be told it is not possible. Anyway, to cut the long story short, finally agreed on a delivery date to be 4th June. I called several time to confirm the date. 2 days before said delivery date of 4th June, I called to confirm time, 3pm to 5pm. Ok.

Full of anticipation, spent Sat afternoon waiting, waiting, waiting...called shop to ask but was told I need to call delivery hotline. Called I did. No answer. Tried for 30min, no answer. Called the shop again, the person said he'll help me check. 5pm, nothing happened. I called. The shop person said he is trying to get in touch with logistics, no answer. After much ding donging, finally at 6pm, I was told there was no delivery scheduled for me!!!! Earliest is Mon before someone can call to arrange for delivery!!!! I was left without a bed for myself and a 18 months old baby!!!All this after I've called several times to confirm delivery on 4th June and the last being 2 days before to confirm timing!!!

This afternoon, the woman, Theresa, from logistics finally decided to respond. Pretended not to know what happened and was just calling to arrange for ddelivery date but was told off by me. When I insisted on a refund she claimed she had to wait for the saleperson who attended to me to be back from her leave. I told her no difference since that saleperson isn't the person to arrange for refund! She kept quiet. Became a mute on the phone!

Now I can't get hold of anyone to get my S$1800 back!

Anyone who knows who to chase after the money, please let me know!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

at this stage, isnt it better to juz get them to deliver the furniture than to ask for refund? 99% u wont get ur $ back..

CASE cant help

because of the terms and conditions printed behind receipts

Winter, Apple, Modestudio - all belong to same group of scumbags

When a supplier misses delivery dates that is cause for a full refund, go to small claims, you will be able to get your money back.

Thanks a lot to aware us, ya there is always a lot of risk in buying online. before buy any item one should check proper details and company profile , to know whether it is scam or not. some b2b like alibaba.com , tradekey.com are great source to buy online, they have profiles of member with trust points and real suppliers. so you can buy from there exactly what you need.

They have been promising me a refund but full of lies! Accounts girl on leave, pending for management signature, cheque already posted on Wed then posted on Fri in the same week, then received a call yesterday about the name to issue cheque to! The accounts dept woman was horried, Mdm Teo, she's known as. Really rude. Wouldn't let me get a word in with her non stop "I can issue a cheque now not that I cannot but nobody told me..." I had to tell her "Listen" to get her to stop talking. Which she slammed the receiver on the table and walked away then started speaking in Mandarin to her colleague that she is not going to answer my call, just leave it, and was complaining about sales better not sell as she has to do so many refunds and cancellations.

Margaret from Sungei Kadut shop, Theresa Toh from Logistics and apparently a supervisor, Mdm Teo from Accounts...all extremely unprofessional. There isn't a need to be polite to cowboys like them!

I'm going to make a police report first followed by CASE.

Thanks a lot to aware us, ya there is always a lot of risk in buying online. before buy any item one should check proper details and company profile , to know whether it is scam or not. some b2b like alibaba.com , tradekey.com are great source to buy online, they have profiles of member with trust points and real suppliers. so you can buy from there exactly what you need.

Hiya,

I did not make the purchase online. I bought it at the shop. If I had read about their bad service from other victims prior to my purchase, I wouldn't have this grieve now.

CASE cant help

because of the terms and conditions printed behind receipts

Winter, Apple, Modestudio - all belong to same group of scumbags

There are always loopholes to use.

I had horrible experience with Winter International Group Pte Ltd. I ordered a sofa from them in January, delivery to be in March. I called in Apr to ask for delivery of my sofa. The person who picked up my call said he don't know what to deliver for my order, need to check with the sale person, Susan. For weeks, no one called me. I called again but still no one can reply me. Until one fine day in Apr, Teresa called me, after much communication, she finally confirmed on my order (They actually don't know what customed made sofa I had ordered, even though a picture was drawn on the invoice) and told me delivery in May. In early Jun, she then postponed the delivery to end Jun, saying issue with shipment. In May, I also went Expo again, search for the sales person, Susan, whom I guess should be there during the furniture exhibition, I managed to find her and she confirmed no problem with the delivery. Since 24 Jun, I have been calling Teresa daily, to check on the delivery date of my sofa so that I can plan and apply leave from office. I called daily for a week (I really mean daily call but to no avail), each time, the receptionist will tell me, Teresa on the phone, out for meeting, busy etc etc, and said she will definitely call me today, tomorrow, within 40 minutes etc etc, but everytime Teresa did not return call. I was **** mad and request to talk to higher management, the receptionist told me Teresa is the biggest boss in the company. I made a last attempt to try to reach Teresa on 1 Jul, again, receptionist promised me that Teresa will call me for sure, but again, no call!!! On 2 Jul, I went to lodge a report with CASE, and hand delivered a letter signed by CASE, to request for immediate delivery of my sofa, and request for a response latest by 8 Jul. Till today, I have not received any call from Teresa or anyone from Winter International Group Pte Ltd!!! I really don't understand what is the problem with this company, how can one person be so busy that cannot even return a call to update me on the status of the delivery of my sofa? Without any call from them, how can we possibly solve issues?

They have been promising me a refund but full of lies! Accounts girl on leave, pending for management signature, cheque already posted on Wed then posted on Fri in the same week, then received a call yesterday about the name to issue cheque to! The accounts dept woman was horried, Mdm Teo, she's known as. Really rude. Wouldn't let me get a word in with her non stop "I can issue a cheque now not that I cannot but nobody told me..." I had to tell her "Listen" to get her to stop talking. Which she slammed the receiver on the table and walked away then started speaking in Mandarin to her colleague that she is not going to answer my call, just leave it, and was complaining about sales better not sell as she has to do so many refunds and cancellations.

Margaret from Sungei Kadut shop, Theresa Toh from Logistics and apparently a supervisor, Mdm Teo from Accounts...all extremely unprofessional. There isn't a need to be polite to cowboys like them!

I'm going to make a police report first followed by CASE.

Yes, please lodge report so that such irresponsible retailer can be blacklisted and no more victim like us to suffer due to their nonsense reasons given.. and all the empty promises they have given me. Till today, no one has called me even after my numerous calls to speak to Teresa, who I was told is the boss of Winter International...

One week timeline over, as expected, there is totally no response from Winter International. Even though a hand delivered letter signed by CASE was issued, Winter International has chosen to ignore it... Sincerely advise everyone to blacklist this company, unless you want to risk having no delivery of your furniture..

One week timeline over, as expected, there is totally no response from Winter International. Even though a hand delivered letter signed by CASE was issued, Winter International has chosen to ignore it... Sincerely advise everyone to blacklist this company, unless you want to risk having no delivery of your furniture..

sometimes after reading bout the unpleasant incidents faced by RT forummers here regarding their irresponsible ids, contractors or bad-boys retailers such as this, i seriously feel angered as if was in their shoes. now to add insults to injuries, such events whenever brought up to CASE & thereby involving CASE's intervention, NOTHING beneficial to consumers can ever come out of it eventually :furious:

my ques: are all employees of CASE merely volunteers & that all are non-salaried workers, incl its CEO? it seems the bunch of unmotivated souls there are either helpless & inefficient to resolve probs OR that they aren't been given enough 'authority' to set the record straight with evil doers :bleah:

it should be High Time that the govt steps in to revamp CASE in my opinion. with the easy awardings of 'CASE registered' titles so rampant, it does instil wrong sense of 'security' in the consumers' mind when approaching unscrupulous companies whose acts are totally concealed behind such wall hung certs. doesn't it make CASE one of the 'syndicates' that genuine complaints are not been addressed & wrong-doers severely dealt with? 8|

sometimes after reading bout the unpleasant incidents faced by RT forummers here regarding their irresponsible ids, contractors or bad-boys retailers such as this, i seriously feel angered as if was in their shoes. now to add insults to injuries, such events whenever brought up to CASE & thereby involving CASE's intervention, NOTHING beneficial to consumers can ever come out of it eventually :furious:

my ques: are all employees of CASE merely volunteers & that all are non-salaried workers, incl its CEO? it seems the bunch of unmotivated souls there are either helpless & inefficient to resolve probs OR that they aren't been given enough 'authority' to set the record straight with evil doers :bleah:

it should be High Time that the govt steps in to revamp CASE in my opinion. with the easy awardings of 'CASE registered' titles so rampant, it does instil wrong sense of 'security' in the consumers' mind when approaching unscrupulous companies whose acts are totally concealed behind such wall hung certs. doesn't it make CASE one of the 'syndicates' that genuine complaints are not been addressed & wrong-doers severely dealt with? 8|

The problem is not about CASE. You need to have substantial evidence to fight a case, any case.

I approached CASE 10 years ago re my unhappiness on a private school. I requested refund of my course fees as i felt short changed after enrollment. Many trips were made to CASE and there seemed to be no case initially because i simply have no strong evidence. The people at CASE were hand tied. BTW, I am not related to CASE in any ways.

One day, i managed to find some evidence in my favor and CASE arranged a mediation session between their volunteer professionals in the law industry and i managed to secure refund for my fees paid.

Sometimes i think there are also other avenues to seek redress, small claims tribunal..etc. But be prepared to go through hassle and and test your endurance.

The problem is not about CASE. You need to have substantial evidence to fight a case, any case.

I approached CASE 10 years ago re my unhappiness on a private school. I requested refund of my course fees as i felt short changed after enrollment. Many trips were made to CASE and there seemed to be no case initially because i simply have no strong evidence. The people at CASE were hand tied. BTW, I am not related to CASE in any ways.

One day, i managed to find some evidence in my favor and CASE arranged a mediation session between their volunteer professionals in the law industry and i managed to secure refund for my fees paid.

Sometimes i think there are also other avenues to seek redress, small claims tribunal..etc. But be prepared to go through hassle and and test your endurance.

thanks naiveart! maybe heard too much negatives such as 'CASE is Useless, no point seeking their assistance...!' that me got the cane spanked on the wrong arse :o