Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RoaR

Do Not Ever Buy From Winter International

no regulatory body involved as deals are pte agreement between 2 parties

CASE is just a mediator

rite buddy... at end of the day, it still falls back to the battle ground between an unhappy customer & the cunning boss(es) lor :curse:

that is why forums such as RT is so very important! with so many helpful & unselfish individuals willing to input valuable infos & warnings (so long as not intended abuse) herewith,...seriously saves novices like myself a great deal of time & heartaches manz :thumbs up:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have went through such a situation before except its not furniture based

Procedure, proceed to CASE and they will handle for you but u need to be member 1st.

If it too much of a hassle, go to small claims and make a report. They will provide u with a date to attend a pre-trial hearing to try to settle it amicably face to face in front of a trained but retired lawyer. Scenerios will be like this below.

1) If on the date they fail to turn up, you will automatically get the full refund with cost and a registered letter will be sent to them. If they refuse to pay in full you can get a seizure notice and go to their company to seize item to make up for the cost. (sounds super vengeful huh?)

2) If they turn up, make you case and see how the matter can be settled. If there is no compromise within 1 month, you will go to the actual small claims, in front of the judge the final verdict will be ordered such as your items to be delivered by this date and time at proper condition etc, if not... go to (1)

In Singapore... do not worry about not getting back you refund or items.... you will be duly compensated. Just waste time and energy.... but better than nothing

Hope that helps.... As my case was a long while ago... I cant help in numbers....

yes, they are really lousy... bought a dining table from them & first, the delivery was late by 10 days & we had to keep on calling to get the firm schedule....worse of all, the table diameter fell short 3 inches...yet the sales insist that it is "normal"??? i would have accepted it if it was like 1 inch short, but 3 inches is way too huge a tolerance to accept... in the end, i only got 2 cushions as "compensation"...and this is after i threatened to talk to their management.. in fact the sales said that the management will call me back but 10mins later, she just called to say: "OK, we will give you 2 cushions, when you want to come & take?"... i told her to get their deliveryman to bring to us when they deliver nearby my place...now keeping fingers crossed that they will honour...

basically my dining table area is 14% short which amounts to abt $95 of the purchase price... how much can 2 cushions cost?

anyway lesson learnt & i will never step into any of their showrooms

sorry for harsh words, but they are definitely Condemned...

i walked into their showroom at IFC, sungei kadut and was put off by the heavy handed selling tactics of the salesperson there. imagine, a particle board 1.6m study table (plain white, 3 drawers) with steel legs, she quoted me $1.6k ! i guess i looked like a nice, fat carrot... :unsure:

Just want to say that i bought from Winter International (not knowing there are so many negative comments), spent close to 4k for 3 items - 2 tables 1 sofa. The sales person Joanna was really good at her job (helpful without being pushy). Got me worried after seeing all the complaints online everywhere. But in the end everything turned out well, they even delivered the furniture 5 days earlier. All in good condition. So no regrets at all!

I have some bad experience to share too. I went to the one at Furniture Mall. The salesgirl was very good, telling me everything can be customized but has to wait for 1 to 1.5 months as their workers spray paint layer by layer and guaranteed good quality. Fine, i paid about $3k in full for a study desk, a bedroom cabinet & a coffee table. However, just 1 week before delivery, I called the Furniture Mall office but I can tell you, always no one answered. Finally the other salesgirl Ms Ng answered, I asked can confirm delivery. She said will check & get back to me but did not. The next day I called, she said delivery department is closed during weekend, will get back to me on Monday but did not call me until I called on Monday again. Then she said cannot give me a confirmed date as the container has not yet arrive. I said it is just 1 week before the agreed delivery date & she still not sure? She said anything can happened in the sea so they cannot commit a delivery date to their customers. It can be 1 to 2 weeks ++ from committed delivery date. She said their company is very big & is > 50 years in S'pore. If they can have a shop in Furniture Mall means their company has good reputation. They have customers buying hundred or tenth thousands furniture and nobody complains. Then I checked this blog and realized there were many complaints. I told her that & she said their business is super good, hence 1 or 2 complaints is unavoidable. Let's see whether when they will deliver my furniture and the quality. I was misled by the salesgirl at Furniture Mall that the furniture is made in Malaysia. Now I understood that the long wait was due to shipment from some other country via sea, has to wait till container full and not because of good and durable layer of layer paint. I can tell you this will be my first and last time buying from Winter International & I will not recommend anyone, first because they cannot commit a firm delivery date and two bad after sales customer service. The salesgirl can even proudly tell me she is Ms Ng. If there is any problem, I will not keep quite.

Do you guys have any contact regards to discrepancies in their delivery?

Last month we ordered a sofa set it was suppose to deliver to us on Sat 18 Jan 2014, but there's no delivery until 2pm.

Before that we did call them 2 days earlier to confirm with them and they said they will deliver between 12 - 2pm.

However there's no delivery send to me.

I Called in to complain, and was told that the goods are not here yet.

I was like what the ****, we did call in before to confirm with you and you did reply to us.

Is there any way I can contact who, to make sure my delivery are really confirm?

Now they told us next Saturday they will be sending over.

Im so scared right now....this new sofa suppose to be for CNY.

hi guys, just sharing my 2 cents worth. I bought a dining set from mode studio under this same group. When they deliver the dining set after missing a few arranged dates, the dimensions are not right. Time and again, when I call them, they sing the same old tune and promise to deliver on xxx date. I have been contacted by 3 - 4 different people with promise that they will fix it on another 3-4 arranged dates. That did not happen and they did not turn up. The most infuriating part is they don't call to inform about it. I got a call from them yesterday that they will deliver today(2 - 5 pm). I took half day leave today and I have yet to see them which I do not think they will turn up. I have gone to CASE last Friday to make a report on this. I will go to Small Claims to make my case there after Chinese New Year. Make the company "Suay". This kinda firm don't deserve our pity. Stand firm and get hard on these errant furniture retailers.

To those who have ordered from them, please follow up closely and pray hard.

My furniture is finally changed at 08:30 PM now! It might have to do with my CASE letter they received indicating about the new Lemon Law thingy.

Mic0701, I have sent an email to them asking for time confirmation this afternoon but yet to receive a reply from them. I will write again tomorrow as calling is not a good documentation proof for their lousy service. If I did not receive this Sat the orders I required, I will go to case or seek my personal lawyer for advice. I told the sales guy that they better send me good quality furniture per their claims as well as the exact measurement I ordered, else, I will reject the goods. Yea, this is for CNY and also my new house. Really very unlucky, why I was lure into this lousy service shop!!!! Very frustrated, esp they kept telling me definitely before CNY!!! Let's see😡