Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

Toilet Problem

Hi all,

Not sure where else to vent so here I am.

My family and I have been looking at houses for the past 3 months. We have been with our fsm for quite a number of years now and this is the first time we are shifting since we got to know him and are consulting him for pre-selection. Before we started house-hunting, we were told to look specifically for NW facing houses (main door facing NW). Since then, we have gone to him with 5 different layouts, in different towns and now when we have finally decided on this one unit that we absolutely adore and love, he slaps us with another "No, toilets will affect health and wealth". In all the 5 different layouts, we always had problems with the toilets. Always.

My question, to all the experienced forumers here, is whether there is a possible remedy if the "toilets affect the health and wealth" or should we just continue our arduous task of searching for yet another house and set ourselves up for another round of rejection?

Will appreciate any insights to this problem that doesn't seem to go away for us. Sigh....

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

My family and I have been looking at houses for the past 3 months. We have been with our fsm for quite a number of years now and this is the first time we are shifting since we got to know him and are consulting him for pre-selection. Before we started house-hunting, we were told to look specifically for NW facing houses (main door facing NW). Since then, we have gone to him with 5 different layouts, in different towns and now when we have finally decided on this one unit that we absolutely adore and love, he slaps us with another "No, toilets will affect health and wealth". In all the 5 different layouts, we always had problems with the toilets. Always.

My question, to all the experienced forumers here, is whether there is a possible remedy if the "toilets affect the health and wealth" or should we just continue our arduous task of searching for yet another house and set ourselves up for another round of rejection?

Will appreciate any insights to this problem that doesn't seem to go away for us. Sigh....

Thanks.

What makes FS interesting to me is that it creates room for ingenuity and ideas.

FS is not fixed and one who understands the fundamentals behind it, can "play" around it.

Unless it is really really very lousy, else i will always come up with something for my friends rather than saying it is "helpless".

I understand how tough it is for houseseekers to finally find a place they like, and the worst thing is for a fsm to say that this house is not suitable for anyone to stay.

So, any remedies to your prob, definitely yes.

However, since u already engage a fsm, i will recommend u stick to his advise all the way and try not to mix advises.

Alternatively, engage another fsm and ask for auditing from scratch and see whether he has got a similar "challenge" for you.

Hope this help.

What makes FS interesting to me is that it creates room for ingenuity and ideas.

FS is not fixed and one who understands the fundamentals behind it, can "play" around it.

Unless it is really really very lousy, else i will always come up with something for my friends rather than saying it is "helpless".

I understand how tough it is for houseseekers to finally find a place they like, and the worst thing is for a fsm to say that this house is not suitable for anyone to stay.

So, any remedies to your prob, definitely yes.

However, since u already engage a fsm, i will recommend u stick to his advise all the way and try not to mix advises.

Alternatively, engage another fsm and ask for auditing from scratch and see whether he has got a similar "challenge" for you.

Hope this help.

Hi gnolard,

Thanks for your reply.

Just frustrating cos he doesn't seem to offer any other advice other than saying it's no good or not suitable. It will be helpful if he says he can try to 'fix' the problem or offer some other solution. All 5 houses we've seen thus far have hit roadblocks and always cos of the toilets.

Sigh.. Oh well, will ask him again tomorrow the possibility of this particular house.

Thanks again (:

Well said.

Try understand logically "directions"(N,E,S,W)effects caused by sun's radiated heat, wind flow, microclimate issue, etc.

Pay attention to macro rather than micro issues. Tiolet is "peanut" to me.

Pay attention to "pressure difference" = "flow" of window openings, doors, passage way while viewing house. They are all inter-linked. Try to understand singapore's yearly wind flow pattern. Not so much as to a partiular direction of main door.

View house always in "open all windows", "open all doors", off all fans & aircon, day & night, sun & rain situations. If owner closes all wndows and turn on aircon and or fans, can forget abt the unit.

Since pay fsm money, don't feel paiseh to ask him ANY question. Ask him to explain in plain language, if he keep "hits aroud the bush", can drop him liao.

Edited by bepgof

Hi gnolard,

Thanks for your reply.

Just frustrating cos he doesn't seem to offer any other advice other than saying it's no good or not suitable. It will be helpful if he says he can try to 'fix' the problem or offer some other solution. All 5 houses we've seen thus far have hit roadblocks and always cos of the toilets.

Sigh.. Oh well, will ask him again tomorrow the possibility of this particular house.

Thanks again (:

Hi Schizoid,

You're most welcome. I learn the art in hope of doing good to more people as much as i can so no worries.

Anyway,

Perhaps u can ask him how did he determine the toilet as bad and why there are no remedy to it.

Try to ask him abit of his considerations and share it here so we can all improve on our knowledge as well.

As there are different schools around, there might be considerations which non of us here know of.

Thanks alot and hope to hear from u soon.

Edited by gnolard

Your FSM should be able to advise you that if you are down with such 'affinity', no matter how many times you choose the house, you will be ended up with a house with the same 'toilet problem'!

That's why I always tell myself that although I have FS knowledge and have learnt what kind of house is considered 'Wang San Wang Shui', I will never get to buy this type of auspicious house if I have no affinity with that house!! I bought my flat 12 years ago before I learnt FS, and now, I prefer to renovate my house (not FS perfect though, with missing corners) and live with it as I am happy with the surroundings and my neighbours!!

However, for new home buyers, the only FS consideration I will give is to avoid buying a flat where toilets & kitchens are in the centre of the house.

Just live with it...you can never get a 'perfect' HDB home, unless you want to buy a piece of land and ask the FSM to design the house for you!!

Hi all,

Thanks.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Hi, i suggest that you can read up on Flying Star and know abit more or change another FSM.

In your case, i don't believe a definite no. Wealth position can also be in the toilet and if these places has the good star in it, it depends on how you bring out the stars. Same for, if a good place had bad stars, you can do things to keep out the bad stars.

I am currently reading a book by Lilian Too for my own interest. She claimed that year Feb 2004 to Feb 2024 is the Period 8. Thus houses built during this period that faces SW or NE direction, will be auspicious. If you're looking at resale flats that were built in Period 7, then it may have some constraints.

My FSM walk through with me in my newly built flat, he did not look into the toilet at all. Only tell us to close the toilet door everytime to prevent bad "qi" from leaking out.

In FS terms, it only mean that you won't benefit the Wang Qi when the auspicious stars (like Paladin mentioned above) are located in the toilet, because you are not spending time long enough to benefit from the good Qi.

Nowadays our HDB toilets are build like hotel '5 stars toilet'. There is no such thing as 'toilet flush away health or wealth'.

Next question you should ask your FSM is whether the Main Door, Bedroom and Kitchen of your shortlisted flat are in the correct beneficial sectors of the house which is more than important than the toilet!!

Your FSM should be able to advise you that if you are down with such 'affinity', no matter how many times you choose the house, you will be ended up with a house with the same 'toilet problem'!

That's why I always tell myself that although I have FS knowledge and have learnt what kind of house is considered 'Wang San Wang Shui', I will never get to buy this type of auspicious house if I have no affinity with that house!! I bought my flat 12 years ago before I learnt FS, and now, I prefer to renovate my house (not FS perfect though, with missing corners) and live with it as I am happy with the surroundings and my neighbours!!

However, for new home buyers, the only FS consideration I will give is to avoid buying a flat where toilets & kitchens are in the centre of the house.

Just live with it...you can never get a 'perfect' HDB home, unless you want to buy a piece of land and ask the FSM to design the house for you!!

My toilet is the center of the house. Anything cure on that?

During my recent fengshui audit for my flat, we whined about the fengshui imperfections of our flat and our geomencer jux told us straight off that we should buy a plot of land & build the house on our own.

In response to his suggestion, we told him candidly that we cannot afford to buy our own land. So he told us since this is the case, then better don't complain so much & live with it because we cannot alter the structures of HDB flats.

And talking about NW facing flats, I'm surprised that the fengshui master recommended that. NW flats could be easily bought becox many HDB flats, especially the relatively newer ones have such facing. Not that popular with the Chinese in particular.

Edited by edenstrauss

UOB has withdrwn an lawsuit against HK fsm 陈振聪 who bought a plot of land in Sentosa (monthly instalment=SGD68,000) :sport-smiley-003: buy house yet to be built within certain timing. You know what he said: Have to see neighbours' houses first then he can decide WHAT to built! Tokong!

During my recent fengshui audit for my flat, we whined about the fengshui imperfections of our flat and our geomencer jux told us straight off that we should buy a plot of land & build the house on our own.

Edited by bepgof

Like that then Sim Lian Group's Waterview condo finish liao.

http://www.waterview.sg/floor-plan.html

If we draw the 9-grid square for Type D houses, the toilet did not occupy the whole sector of the centre grid. There is still walkway in the centre of the house. So, still not completely 'finish yet'.

e9wt_73a_uc4it.jpg

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions here.

Went down to see the geomancer today. He says that our toilets are always in the wealth area or that it affects the health. And unless we don't use the toilets (which of cos is impossible) then we should probably look someplace else. He mentioned about flushing our luck or wealth away.. something like that.. *grumble*

However, that wasn't the worst. He said that this particular unit we are looking at has got lots of 'yin'. Says there are many 'brothers and sisters' there. I'm not an expert (nor a well-read amateur for that matter) in the field of fengshui but can a house's fengshui actually invite 'brothers and sisters'? Does that mean the whole stack in that block is not livable?

He got me pondering after the meeting. Thought i'd post here to enlighten myself and those who are interested.

Thanks for all your advice. Am glad I found this site! (: