Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
schiz0id

Toilet Problem

Hi Mae,

Wow.. The renovation works done by the seller is indeed impressive. Love the kitchen!

Sadly, i think the floor plan looks scary even before i read the lil comments u put. The sharp corner in the living room is really a put-off. Difficult to design plus it feels very unwelcoming. Your sis is indeed lucky to have you to help her see. Hope she found her ideal home already. :)

My fsm encouraged us to find squarish layouts and not those with weird corners. He also highlighted the sharp corners facing the unit from neighbouring blocks and buildings.

There were a few things we were asked to take note too. He said not to find those near hospitals, schools and temples. And one other thing he mentioned - if looking for high floor, make sure the unit cannot be eye-level with the neighbouring block's sanitary outlet at the top of the building.

He's either very careful or enjoys making my life difficult in finding a nice place. Haha. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

3. Time is not so crucial? 天时,地利,人和。An event to happen, always involve these 3 elements, now you say time is not so crucial. Direction is only part of 地利.

Agree totally.

Authentic FS discuss about two things.

峦头 and 理气.

One is about exterior landscape, second is about time.

Both are super important.

I rest my case.

If you are interested to read up more on house FS audit, you can visit my blog and read the audit of a resale flat which my sister paid $1K option fee but decided to drop it, which is more 'scary' than the 'toilet problem' you faced!!! :jawdrop:

Start looking at the beautiful renovation...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=1273

Then.....the problems come!!

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=1323

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=1476

...external features to avoid:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35996&st=1395

Good advise.

To be frank, I would have walked away immediately without seeing interior if seeing main entrance's surrounding is like that. A cramp, "crook", confined space to main entrance is a big NO NO.

Not to mention the "smell" and "sightseeing" of passerbys EVERYDAY.

+ Alway have some "left over" on corridor, whether fluid or solid, big or small.

Those who live in the unit would be "anger to death" in no time.

Edited by bepgof

TS sorry to high jack your thread.

bepgof,

Hope u can clear my doubt on the use of light in FS. My place have 3 locations that are installed with light on 24x7, 7pm to 7am. It happens that one of the location is outside the common toilet. Do u know what the reason/use of these lights?

Forgot to ask my FS master when he audit my house and also couldn't reach him..... :(

If tiolets are so bad as to fs, what abt the uncles & anuties sitting next to public tiolets' entrances to collect money?

If 9-grids can be drawn and stars assigned to here & there for a residential house, then, logically any space (a room, a public garden, a warehouse, a shopping mall etc, etc) can do the same. Questions come:

- Who are the owners of these space?

- Date of birth of building???Some building take 10, 50 years to complete, how to determine the DOB?

- Build half way stop for 10 yr, continue till completion, how?.

- Go "wang" area to these places?.

I like to let my imgination run "wild". Personally found 八宅 & 玄空 's fundaments got problems. Same for the "month pillar (esp leap month) & time pillar (2-hr longitude, 30 degree) over the countries for "Bazi" & "紫微斗数“.

bepgof,

Hope u can clear my doubt on the use of light in FS. My place have 3 locations that are installed with light on 24x7, 7pm to 7am. It happens that one of the location is outside the common toilet. Do u know what the reason/use of these lights?

Forgot to ask my FS master when he audit my house and also couldn't reach him..... :(

Hi chronograph,

Most welcome to 'hijack'. Haha.

My fsm, when he did the audit for my current house, also told us to keep our stair lights on 24/7. Said it was too dark. Like you, I don't think we asked indepth the reason why, He probably mentioned but nothing worth remembering :P Now that everyone here has gotten me very interested in fengshui, when we get our new place, i'm sure to be asking many more questions than before! :sport-smiley-004:

bepgof,

Your question reminded me of my old camera dry box which used electric bulb. Now I have one with electic heater with sensor, digital display and control knobs. Short story expands "long".

In the beginning, man stayed near water source and slept on tree top to avoid harmful beings' attack, but still subjected to rain, wind sun...

As time go by, they chose "caves" to avoid rain, wind, sun and animals attacks, but still faced humidity, air ventilation, darkness problems....

So they built walls and roof, with windows and doors, dig well/reservoir for water, started plantation kept birds/animals for steady sources of food supply, candle was invented....

Now, we have almost everything, aircon to adjust air temperature, reservoir/newater/desalination plant to settle water issue, electric light to light up the space, "fire" to cook food, windows to cater for airflow. Heat/cold water, refrigerator to keep food......Almost everything at figures' tips. However, the "wants" of mankinds can never be contented, ppls now wants

- Nice views

- Privacy

- "Good" location with ample amenities

All these "wants" need $$$, so

Clever "inventors" created theories of "wang", "study", "health", "sick", "heng/sway" etc etc locations, within residential premises.......Inventors say "tiolets" are "sway" cos generate what "negative energy" which i failed to comprehen. However, i do understand that we do "washing" in the tiolet, so the humidity tends to be higher than other parts of the house. The similar apply to the kitchen that tends to be warmer/hotter (not so in nowadays' kitchen/stove structure)....

All these (environmental settings), actually in scientific term is called "microclimate" - a branch of science which studies wind flows, heat exchanges, humidity fluctuation within a fixed, confined space( eg, home, office, warehouse, cinema, etc)

Actually the answer to your question already provided in para 1. Your fsm, I guess, is the "old fashion" type - or he has not catch up with technology advance that nowadays' lamps generate very little heat, unless those with filament, like flood lights (those you see in stadium, on board the big ship). The purpose is to evaporate the damp air, so to reduce the humidity. For long term, high humidity no good to human's lung, bone, esp the joints, too low the humidity makes the skin dry.

Anyway airflow is important to reduce the humidity, not the heat alone.

Actually, to reduce humidity need calculation with data like how much water, space's volume, light source's power, air exchange rate, sensor detection on/off...., not just "any light" 24/7, 7pm-7am on = indifference to toy.

Edited by bepgof

Hi chronograph,

Most welcome to 'hijack'. Haha.

My fsm, when he did the audit for my current house, also told us to keep our stair lights on 24/7. Said it was too dark. Like you, I don't think we asked indepth the reason why, He probably mentioned but nothing worth remembering :P Now that everyone here has gotten me very interested in fengshui, when we get our new place, i'm sure to be asking many more questions than before! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi schiz0id,

we were told to keep 2 spots in our flat with LED lights turned on 24 by 7. One was a wealth spot & the other is a career spot for my hubby.

And we perceive these recommendations as a security feature too! Even though mine is not a corridoor unit, the interior of our flat is brightened up with a downlight effect, giving the illusion that there is always somebody at home when our flat comes to view from the ground floor units.

Hi schiz0id,

we were told to keep 2 spots in our flat with LED lights turned on 24 by 7. One was a wealth spot & the other is a career spot for my hubby.

And we perceive these recommendations as a security feature too! Even though mine is not a corridoor unit, the interior of our flat is brightened up with a downlight effect, giving the illusion that there is always somebody at home when our flat comes to view from the ground floor units.

Hey eden,

Now that you mention, I think it was cos of wealth area too. Haha!

Note to self: Ask more questions for next house. Make notes if not included in the audit. Remember where the audit report was stored. :D

Wealth "spot" needs heat & light, to make hotter & brighter? Layman thinking, logic?

Like that everywhere put flood light the best, including main entrance.? Remember to electric bill hor.

Some suggested water, really patterns liao liao.

FS is supposed to be explained and work in logical terms, except for supernatural stuff which have "no logic".

FS is supposed to be explained and work in logical terms, except for supernatural stuff which have "no logic".

Reminded me of statistical hypothesis test which is sort of a method of making decision using data, whether from a controlled experiment or an observational study (not controlled, hearsay).

FS can be "tested", the results should always be held constant (applicable to everybody), in otherwords, it is unlikely to have occurred by chance alone.

Example:

- Lighting at "wealth spot".

Only "owner" of the house has wealth spot, those unmarried staying under the same roof have no "wealth spots"?

If husband & wife also bread winners for the same house, then how huh?

Like that how to do the "testing", cos the fundamentals are ambiguous, results sure to be ambiguous too.

Edited by bepgof

hypothesis testing is base on probability so even if there is definite computed results base on collected data, there is no definitely equivalent matching outcomes

all working people staying under same roof will have their own set of data to match that of the house

however you will find it hard to tweak the fengshui of a single house to suit all residents and it doesnt make common sense to try to use all residents' data to tweak the fengshui of that house, right?

if still insist, its better to stay alone - 1 person 1 house

if both wife and husband working and agree to stay together under 1 roof, use the one with the higher pay ;)

Assuming sole bread winners A,B &C, each own a house with individual "wealth spot" identified by fsms and subsequently lighting at the wealth spots being put up.

Outcomes: A becomes bankrupt, B as normal, C earns big money. What're the implications? Same FS "technique" not guaranteed work on different individuals? Or "somethings" else dictate the intended intention? If so, why don't put that "somethings" to make it work? Do you think "wealth" work in this way?

Geomancers use & repeat the same old "techniques" on different customers. Hulu,pixus, coins, sword, bagua.....If they work, they (fs items) should have the same effects on all individuals.

Mankind lives in a complex and volatile environmental settings, everything in life affecting each others of different extend. Much like "rojak", each ingredient has taste of others' ingredients'. Instead of "static display" of items, mindset, actions, reactions/response to changes..... are more important to make "intended dream" come true.