Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MLau

Masionette In The North - 10 June 2011

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you guys for the welcome!

Am not too happy because I am completely mentally drained!

Hacking for the third day now and still awaiting for HDB final approval of a wall.

The application was rejected and I appealed,it was rejected... So i did some modifications and hope it will be approved!

Extending my master toilet but due to waterproofing issues etc etc, the technical department HDB didnt quite approve... that is my dream toilet and thus my dream wall to be hacked....:bangwall:

Hacking for the third day now and still awaiting for HDB final approval of a wall.

The application was rejected and I appealed,it was rejected... So i did some modifications and hope it will be approved!

Extending my master toilet but due to waterproofing issues etc etc, the technical department HDB didnt quite approve... that is my dream toilet and thus my dream wall to be hacked....:bangwall:

MLau, HDB is very slow with their approval, be sure u chase them abit, but "chase" nicely n gently cos if they angry, they'll not approve :o .... contradicting but true :D

Kobelala

I see that you also did an overhaul for your stairs, me too..

I chose to lay tiles and using glass for handrail.

Was quoted around 6k..

How about yours?

Very interested in your blog as we have about the same taste. I bought a 55" Sony LED Tv too!

As I am reading your T-Blog.... i am astonished!

We also bought Grohe! They are very good bcos my first house is using Grohe and the mixers never ever give us problems and you can really feel the quality and also the shine after 10 years of usage.

We bought Grohe again this time without even considering other brands :sport-smiley-004:

Going back to your blog again...

Really feel like asking for a special invitation to your house...wahahahaha :dribble:

Thank you guys for the welcome!

Hi MLau, understand from my IDs that max is extend 600MM and cannot have wet stuff in the extended area.

i.e. from HDB website:

Maximum width and area of extension

Must not be more than 600 mm and 0.6 m2 respectively, and

Must be used only as a "dry area"

For example, for installation of wash basin or shelves

Not sure how much you are extending the toilet by but in case the info helps.

Kobelala

Just curious what sort of tile you intend to use for stairs? Actually if the wood/parquet (?) on your current stairs is good, can consider to re-use the wood and save some money. That should save you a tidy sum.

Some pics for reference

Good luck with your reno! :)

I am extending abt 800-1000mm i think...and yes, when we applied for permit, it is meant for dry area witha drop of 50mm on the floor to prove that it is indeed for dry area.

i will be using cermic tiles - black with glitterings for the stairs and glass..just like your picture top left.

i agree its not cheap at all.. total cost ard 6k for this overhaul

I am extending abt 800-1000mm i think...and yes, when we applied for permit, it is meant for dry area witha drop of 50mm on the floor to prove that it is indeed for dry area.

i will be using cermic tiles - black with glitterings for the stairs and glass..just like your picture top left.

i agree its not cheap at all.. total cost ard 6k for this overhaul

Black with glitter sounds like the tiles used in some MRT stations/Vivocity? Those expensive quartz ones that costs $16.50 (??) psf? :P

I think you have to reduce the area you want to extend, else will not be allowed from what I've heard. My IDs tried getting a permit for a few weeks for one of their previous clients, and in the end was told only can extend by 600mm so they decided not to spend so much $ to extend by only 600mm.

Nay, hopefully not as what you say! :rolleyes::sport-smiley-018: hahaha...

The quartz u mentioned are homogenous, thats too expensive and also slippery for stairways..Mine is ceramic tile.

:yamseng:

Hi Mlau welcome to RT! Wishing you a smooth reno Journey :drunk:

If you intend to extend and make it as a dry area, I dont find it a problem to get any permit from HDB. The best way is to call the officer in-charge of your area, explain to him/her regards your plan.. possible try to call everyday to check on the approval status :yamseng:

Kobelala

Was quoted around 6k..

How about yours?

Very interested in your blog as we have about the same taste. I bought a 55" Sony LED Tv too!

Hi MLau, thanks for reading my T-Blog, 6k for the overhaul, is it 12 to 15mm tempered glass and frameless with stainless steel knobs to hold the glass ? or is it using cement prim ??

As I am reading your T-Blog.... i am astonished!

We also bought Grohe! They are very good bcos my first house is using Grohe and the mixers never ever give us problems and you can really feel the quality and also the shine after 10 years of usage.

We bought Grohe again this time without even considering other brands :sport-smiley-004:

Going back to your blog again...

Really feel like asking for a special invitation to your house...wahahahaha :dribble:

Hahaha, thanks for visiting my blog again.... will upload pics tonight ... :yamseng:

MLau, feel free to PM me and drop by my place, since I'm also in the north :sport-smiley-004:

Yes, Grohe Rocks !

Hi MLau, thanks for reading my T-Blog, 6k for the overhaul, is it 12 to 15mm tempered glass and frameless with stainless steel knobs to hold the glass ? or is it using cement prim ??

Using cemet prim... how about you?

Hahaha, thanks for visiting my blog again.... will upload pics tonight ... :yamseng:

MLau, feel free to PM me and drop by my place, since I'm also in the north :sport-smiley-004:

Yes, Grohe Rocks !

Thanks!

Hi Kobelala,

I will also be doing the cove lights at the stairways , thats why i said our houses are very much alike!... wanted to display a very very nice chandelier at first... after much careful thinking... i think its better to be practical.

I saw your stairs.... its wrought iron... and u spent 6k?? is it becos u used parquet for the stairs?

By the way, a very important piece of info i need from you... did you plaster the ceilings and walls?

i was quoted 1650 for the ceiling plastering and 2000 for the wall plastering.... am in a dilemna now..