Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MLau

Masionette In The North - 10 June 2011

Hi Kobelala,

I will also be doing the cove lights at the stairways , thats why i said our houses are very much alike!... wanted to display a very very nice chandelier at first... after much careful thinking... i think its better to be practical.

I saw your stairs.... its wrought iron... and u spent 6k?? is it becos u used parquet for the stairs?

By the way, a very important piece of info i need from you... did you plaster the ceilings and walls?

i was quoted 1650 for the ceiling plastering and 2000 for the wall plastering.... am in a dilemna now..

Hi MLau, no, mine is not 6k for overhaul, it's lower, although I'm not sure of the final billing but definately less than 4.5k... the Steps parquet are more expensive than full parquet due to workmanship, and I recently found out - very very difficult to maintain as the painted rise area tends to get stained easily... .. :(

MLau, for cement prim, IMHO, 6k is abit high, you may want to discuss with your ID... (but then again, maybe he quoted other things cheaper...)

for 6k, you can get full framless like this : (full frameless IMHO is nicer for your EM as they will show the steps profile when view from the side...

Frameless-glass-staircase-balustrade.jpg

The Stainless Steel wall plugs are the killer for the full framless railings....

I did not plaster my wall or ceiling to save cost, I just got my contractor to help touch up those very patchy n rough areas.... yours is a newer EM (12 to 15 years??) the ceiling should be quite smooth already, you may wish to only plaster your walls....

Just my 2 cents though, hope it helps.... :)

Edited by Kobelala

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

All my hackings are approved!!!!

lalalalalala... I am so happy... I told my hubby and he msn me "Finally..... pocket big hole finally"

Keeping all in suspense....because if we are able to hack the walls and extension of the toilet...it is one of our major expenditure!

Thank you all for your help!

I did what you guys told me, call call call , be nice, ask them about their day, their health, their job etc etc...

:dancingqueen:

All my hackings are approved!!!!

lalalalalala... I am so happy... I told my hubby and he msn me "Finally..... pocket big hole finally"

Keeping all in suspense....because if we are able to hack the walls and extension of the toilet...it is one of our major expenditure!

Thank you all for your help!

I did what you guys told me, call call call , be nice, ask them about their day, their health, their job etc etc...

:dancingqueen:

Congrats Sista ! :sport-smiley-004:

Is that marble or granite for your vanity top ? nice grains :good:

Hi Kobelala,

My vanity top is marble....

I told you we have got very similar taste!

I LOVE that marble. But the downside is they dun cut to sizes, so I need to buy one whole slab at 5ft x 10ft! It is not cheap and the labour charges is even worse, higher than the slab itself :o:bangwall:

This will be the talkpiece of the house....

in the end, me & hubby got the craziest idea... this will be the 2 vanity tops for the toilets upstairs and the remaining slab we are going to cut into a dining table top... so in the end, we need to custom-made a table stand to hold that weight...:furious:

Hi MLau, looks like your reno is progressing well. So how do you intend to do your stair case? I actually wanted glass type, but because of budget contraint, I had resort to using wrought iron type and teak wood handrails. For steps, I intend to use laminate wood.

Hi MLau, looks like your reno is progressing well. So how do you intend to do your stair case? I actually wanted glass type, but because of budget contraint, I had resort to using wrought iron type and teak wood handrails. For steps, I intend to use laminate wood.

Hi Potatoes

I will be laying tiles for the steps and doing the cement and full glass.

Yes, budget is a big problem and we struggled very very very hard to make this important decision... hahaha..

Hi Kobelala,

My vanity top is marble....

I told you we have got very similar taste!

I LOVE that marble. But the downside is they dun cut to sizes, so I need to buy one whole slab at 5ft x 10ft! It is not cheap and the labour charges is even worse, higher than the slab itself :o:bangwall:

This will be the talkpiece of the house....

in the end, me & hubby got the craziest idea... this will be the 2 vanity tops for the toilets upstairs and the remaining slab we are going to cut into a dining table top... so in the end, we need to custom-made a table stand to hold that weight...:furious:

Wow, yes, it'll be the talkpiece, can't wait to see the finish product, I really like this marble.... very nice !

no

wow love the bling bling tile u choose will make your place look so luxury

Thanks Rayfox,

Really hope it will turn out the effects that I wanted :sport-smiley-004:

Wow, yes, it'll be the talkpiece, can't wait to see the finish product, I really like this marble.... very nice !

Will post more pics as time goes... but at this moment, i cant move already.... energy totally drained...:bangwall:

every night i sleep like a pig!

Hi,

I am a newbie Masionette owner in Woodland Ring Road. Yest went for 1st appointment and 2nd appointment will be on 27 June! Excited!

Renovation a big headache for me now..any reno contractors to intro from anyone here? TIA~

Hi,

I am a newbie Masionette owner in Woodland Ring Road. Yest went for 1st appointment and 2nd appointment will be on 27 June! Excited!

Renovation a big headache for me now..any reno contractors to intro from anyone here? TIA~

Congrats! I almost bought EM in Woodlands Ring too.... Turn down coz is not near kids school.

Why not start ur own blog?