Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soundwave23

Downlights Price Difference... Help Needed

I'm looking for LED spotlights and LED tube lights.

Anyone can help or point me to the right direction where to get quotes?

Item Description

1. 6W or 9W LED spotlight (E27 or GU10) x 5

2. Track holder (black. E27 or GU10) x 5

3. Track line 1M length (black) + rod 1.5M (to hang down from ceiling)(black) x 2

4. LED tube (4 Feet) x 14

5. Double Ballast casing for LED tube (black) + rod 1.5M (to hang down from ceiling)(black) x 7

• For the LED lights, E27 or GU10? Which is more commonly use?

Drop me a email red_rumik@yahoo.com or PM me.

Thanks guys!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, need help on to ask on PLC downlights...

I visited a few shops at Balestier... Decided on a particular PLC downlight (2x13w bulb) (model 8140) & went a few store to compare price... The most exp which 1 shop quoted was $38 while the cheapest we find (at lightings.com) was $19!!!

Its double the price!!!

Any downlight expert here to share some advice?

Does the material, ballast & lighting tube plays a part for the price difference?

Thks!

Wow. $38 is near to a LED downlight...

Actually, all the PLC downlight (G24 base) that I have seen uses magnetic ballast.

Mainly the cost difference will be on the quality and material.

Unless you change to a E27 lamp base, it is likely that you are using the old type of fluorescent technology.

There is a new type of fluorescent tube with G24 base on the market that uses much less energy than a PLC lamp. It works like normal E27 energy saving bulb which are all instant on. The current is 4 times lower, which means that less heat will be generated. The lamps is integrated with electronics control, and is able to work with the old magnetic ballast into the PLC lamp. The tube cost less than S$10 each, and I think it will be a good alternative to LED lighting.

If the $19 lamp and $38 looks the same, I will go for the $19 one.

even if we take "normal" downlights to compare with LED, the ROI simply does not justify it.

there's no rocket science/ engineering to it. just do ur maths and u will realise it.